It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Absolutely - the numbers of unknowns recorded by Bluebook in 1952 were more than any other year by quite some distance. In fact they make up a huge chunk of the "unknowns" for the whole of the project's lifespan.

Some of this was due to the large number of reports and a lack of resources to investigate. And soon after that Bluebook became more intent on playing down the UFO subject. But the data speaks for itself.

Not only that Ruppelt himself made a very intriguing statement in his book.

"A few days prior to the incident, a scientist, from an agency that I can't name and I were talking about the build-up of reports along the east coast of the United States". At the end of the two hour conversation, the scientist made a prediction: ..... 'Within the next few days....they're going to blow up and you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The sighting will occur in Washington or New York,' he predicted, 'probably Washington.'"

Source : Captain Edward Ruppelt - ”The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects

There is definitely a link between UFOs and the military. There are also probably a number of differing reasons why!

edit on 29/3/15 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

There has been talk for decades about the concomitance of the spread of nuclear technology and weapons and the UFO phenomena... It's hard to ignore and it's hard to pin down any of the facts about it. Obviously utilizing UFOs (aliens flying superior technology in our skies) as a cover story to throw people who shouldn't know things off the trail is a known fact of our history, but is that really all there is to it?

I've spent hours discussing some of these events with the people who investigated them in a serious and professional manner, face to face, and seen hundreds of official documents and a few pictures (real FILM pictures shot from a fighter jet back before digital cameras and Photoshop were even invented) that genuinely make me wonder if there isn't many facets to this story, one being the military commands of the world used the phenom to cover tracks and send people down a rabbit hole, and the other being some really weird things happened that just defy human technological capabilities which would indicate something more than human military involvement.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

...that genuinely make me wonder if there isn't many facets to this story, one being the military commands of the world used the phenom to cover tracks and send people down a rabbit hole, and the other being some really weird things happened...

Yes, both of those facets are present in the Rendlesham/Burroughs story. I will always fail to see how those things can't be present simultaneously. If Burroughs was injured as claimed, then both of those things happened: the military was f-ing around, and really weird stuff happened. Why do you think they sent them out in to the woods?

Project Condign, which seems good enough to nail a medical diagnosis for Burroughs, goes on at length to describe how what happened to Burroughs could happen to Burroughs and aliens aren't part of the equation, so...

...that just defy human technological capabilities which would indicate something more than human military involvement.

Maybe more accurate to say that it defies the human miltary ability to control certain technological capabilites, but there is no reason to believe that the inspiration for design came anywhere but from here.

Otherwise why would Kit say this?

"Medicine can be proud the right decision was finally, if belatedly made; we should remain both vigilant and ashamed that our profession remains improperly darkened, and we should bring it to the light when we can."

link

edit on 31-3-2015 by Bybyots because: 33!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thought people might be interested in this map. it shows land use and some geology in Suffolk. Note how Bentwaters is actually effectively the Southern edge of the cultivate farmland then it becomes Rendlesham forest.

Suffolk land use map

If you zoom in on the area just North of Felixstowe you will find Bentwaters and Woodbridge marked .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

a reply to: Springer

Yes, both of those facets are present in the Rendlesham/Burroughs story. I will always fail to see how those things can't be present simultaneously. If Burroughs was injured as claimed, then both of those things happened: the military was f-ing around, and really weird stuff happened.

I have heard Larry Warren speak about this very thing on a radio show. His theory is that a number of 'contractors' were brought in to conduct some kind of experiment. Part of which would involve the reactions of personnel at the base. He believes it opened some type of 'alternative reality' ,that the military did not have complete control, and something very weird and unpredictable did happen to him and his colleagues. The people behind the 'experiment' he believes, were flown out with their equipment on a C130 not long afterwards.

In the series of free booklets "Deliberate Deception", Larry Warren also discussed a photo he took on the 28th December 1980 with a new Keystone’ brand 110 mm Instamatic camera. It is of an A10 aircraft landing at Woodbridge.

Here is the photo as it appears in Deliberate Deception Pt7 (Page 59 of the pdf)

Now this was placed on his facebook page amongst many other photos. Until a couple of people spotted a couple of small objects above the A10.

The higher object is difficult to make out even after enhancements.

But the lower object looks like this in the pdf (enhanced).

Some believe this is very similar to the object in Larry's drawings of what he saw out in the forest later that night/following morning.

Larry Warren's drawing 1985

Larry Warren's drawing 1987

As it says in the booklet

...... In so many words, THIS is what we are looking at:

Thanks to the enlargements offered by Rich and Robert, it should now be obvious that the configuration of the above craft is same as the one Larry Warren observed on the ground in late December 1980 and first identified in his drawing for Betty and Bob in 1982, in a second drawing he made in 1985, and in the one he drew for me in November 1987. That makes the exchange in this dialogue thread and the supporting photographic enlargements truly historic, and as important a confirmation of this object's reality as any to thus far emerge during the past thirty four and a half years. And that my friends, is really something.

Source : Deliberate Deception Part 7 (p444) actual pdf page - 63

I'm not sure how convincing people find that evidence. It's all a little too blurry to be conclusive to me and could just be the Orfordness lighthouse!

edit on 1/4/15 by mirageman because: blinded by the lighthouse

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Daily Mirror actually did follow this story up.

It also looks like there have been further delays in the MoD releasing the files that have still to be made public. These are thought to contain more information on Rendlesham that were not released with the original MoD's UFO files.

The Ministry of Defence promised to release 18 UFO files at the end of last year, but they have failed to materialise. After Lord Black of Brentwood tabled a question to the House of Lords last month, the MoD admitted it had not yet handed the cache over to the National Archives for release. It blamed "additional processing requirements" for the delay and said the files would be released in late 2015 or 2016.

Full Story : Daily Mirror

There are also some interesting comments from Nick Pope

Nick Pope, who used to work as a UFO investigator at the MoD, said: "This massive delay will have conspiracy theorists up in arms. It looks like the MoD is stalling. "The suspicion will be that there's a bombshell in these files and that the Ministry does not know how to handle it. "I can understand why conspiracy theorists will be angry and suspicious."

These documents could be legitimately called Britain's X-Files and almost certainly contain further documents on the Rendlesham Forest incident," Pope added. "Given the US government recently settled an injury claim on the basis of a UK government admission that the Rendlesham witnesses were probably irradiated, it's possible this has caused a high-level diplomatic row, and that's what's causing the delay."

edit on 1/4/15 by mirageman because: Nah it can't be an April Fool

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've left it a while, looks like you all have lost interest, just as I've finished studying and can get stuck in again. Will take me a while to catch up on what I missed and get acclimatised anyway...I'll see how the land lies then.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it at least, once I've got my bearings that is

edit on 15-4-2015 by Anaana because: incompetence

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

If you want to carry on discussing it here or in the other Rendlesham thread then feel free. Just because some other threads are current discussion at the moment doesn't mean we can't come back to one like this.

There isn't a whole lot of new information coming out about the case at present so that's perhaps why interest has died down. But there's plenty of old stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

mirageman, as always, a gentleman, thank you.

On reflection, I think I am going to leave it a while, let it bubble back up of it's own accord.

And, I have a huge and disorganised pile of undeveloped ideas to work through...somewhere in there is the Rendlesham stuff, and where I was up to with it...I have to do the necessary and be systematic before I can get systemic.

Enthusiasm certainly hasn't faded one iota, it's just a matter of time.

All the best, and thanks again for your encouragement.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Enthusiasm certainly hasn't faded one iota...

Same thing here. I have pages of truncated responses and notes but I can't pull any of it together at the moment in to anything that doesn't sound angry to me, and if it sounds angry to me, I can only imagine what others would think.

At the same time that I realized that I was angry, I forgot the reasons why I was angry in the first place, and that just left me feeling worn out and nostalgic. Which sounds okay, but nostalgia is a particular sort of poison in middle age, so...

Having it all end like this has been an especially emotional experience for me, I guess. That's the best that I can surmise: that it has meant a whole lot more to me than I ever let on. I am really excited about what the truth might mean for our future (immediate future, as in: in our lifetimes), but I am already starting to miss those olden days of just last year when there was at least a shred of hope that we might not be "alone".

I also wanted to contribute one little bit from my notes that keeps nagging at me. I'm not going to track down the video, and I am just going to paraphrase Burroughs and his attorney: they know it's not aliens too.

In a recent video that shows Burroughs-and-attorney talking to some ex-congressman, Burroughs says something to the effect of: "All the other details of secret airc... Ah screw it, here it is...

2:50

"What the heck was going on out there that would draw this much attention from the agencies involved?

To this day, what would still be classified, and if it is, what did we have, or what were we dealing with that would remain silent to this day?

Almost every weapon we have developed during that time period has been exposed, that we are aware of, and yet this is still classified and we can't even get medical treatment for it."

-John Burroughs

And there it is. I'm finding that I am turning in on myself and becoming mute again as that has been the way with me and this subject as of late so I'll post this before I toss it in the bits and pieces folder.

Have a good day.

edit on 16-4-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the responses Anaana and Bybots. By all means let's leave it all to rest for a while. Collect your thoughts. Go do something else away from this crazy subject.

This case is most interesting to me because it was the first time in the UK I remember seeing where a newspaper headline confirmed a UFO story ".....and that's official". And it was official. I suppose since then I've actually come to know an awful lot about this story whilst also knowing not much at all about what really happened!

But we can easily put Rendlesham on a back burner at the moment.

Colonel Halt is due to speak in Suffolk in the Summer and of course the Christmas holidays of 2015 will also be the 35th anniversary of this ongoing mystery. The MoD are also still to release more files related to the case as well. There is plenty more to come in the future.

So be safe and stay healthy.

Regards MM

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Having it all end like this has been an especially emotional experience for me, I guess. That's the best that I can surmise: that it has meant a whole lot more to me than I ever let on. I am really excited about what the truth might mean for our future (immediate future, as in: in our lifetimes), but I am already starting to miss those olden days of just last year when there was at least a shred of hope that we might not be "alone".

I was stood in the kitchen, about a month ago, putting some shopping away and the RAF were out to play overhead. I stopped, one hand poised over my shopping bag the other suspending a can of Butter Beans over the cupboard shelf. It's military air space above where I live, so the UFO/UAP that I saw/experienced (whatever), I've always thought of as being something miltary-like...but then I was swept up by this thought as I listened to the Jets pretending to dive bomb my street, I was thinking how I'd felt how free whatever it was looked, zig zagging about up there, bouncing around. Then I froze as I brought the Rendlesham stuff into that view. What if it wasn't gleefully zig zagging, what if it was trapped and trying to get out, bouncing against whatever was containing it?

I'd never entertained such an explanation before, but I 'feel' that that may be better explanation to the ones I'd had.

I'm not giving it too much credence. It's an idea to explore.

Entering into uncertainty is the adventure, that's why Peter Pan said that to die would be an awfully big one

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hoo boy.

I love you guys. You know that? We wouldn't all be here together if we weren't here altogether, so we've got that going for us.

So, look, I'm frustrated, you know? Not really angry, just frustrated for a bunch of reasons.

You all know that this "narrow broad band" (I can hardly type that without falling out dying of laughter) is, like, a sunburn at worst, right?

0.3-3.0THz is solidly known as FIR, and it's used in therapeutic heating beds, especially in Canada. It sounds like cheeseball BS to me, but FIR as far back as 2009 was being touted as therapeutic for cardiac disease, so if something has changed via these mystrerious "studies" that Kit referenced then...what? Could he cite them?

I think that we are being bamboozled by Mister Central Neuron (I've seen that as wrong-answer-bait on more than one bio exam).

I'm frustrated because I'm the one that has to bring it up.

I don't know anything about all this crap. I'm studying other stuff, some of it career-life-or-death stuff, and I have to stop studying that stuff in order to study this stuff so I don't get bamboozled.

#

It's like: where the # is Phage. He was seemingly ready to get in to some whole thing about anomalous propagations with karl 12, or maybe it was Arbitrageur, and he disappears for this?!!

Bedlam knows what's up, but he disappears for this?!!

Arrrghhhhh!!!! (cough) rrrgghhh!

Really frustrated. And probably wrong to boot. Who knows in this desert?

And Springer? Why? Why did you make Nice Linda take down the thing? You guys know that too, right? I guess any answer will do, at this point.

Anyway, I stand by my original assessment of this sitch: DoD does not want to talk about the sort of radiation that did "injure" Burroughs so they went with the sort of radiation that Burroughs (or whomever) have/has said that injured Burroughs, based on their misunderstanding of what Project Condign is trying to express.

Otherwise, why would DoD lawyers not go for low-hanging fruit such as the fact the Project Condign's report also says that there is no danger from UAP radiation. Right? if that were the crux, well, the document goes on to say that UAP radiation is non-injurious.

Of course that was in 1997-2000.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Stay cool as well as healthy my friend.

Rendlesham, sadly, is a slow drip feed of information. Small scarlet fish are thrown into the pond as well for you to catch and devour at times. Put it all back on a shelf for a while and have patience. The truth will out.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Rendlesham, sadly, is a slow drip feed of information.

I disagree. It just came gushing out of a firehose.

Let's look at it like this:

Springer, in all of his years of experience dealing with this subject matter used the term "disgusting" to describe what happened to Burroughs.

Kit Green, coming from his position amidst all of this and with all of his experience, took the opportunity to apologize on behalf of the community of medical professionals that he is part of.

So, within the context of Project Condignesque UAPs and the UFO phenomenon, has Springer proclaimed the situation to be "disgusting" because:

A) Aliens doing this to people is disgusting?

B) The damned weather does strange stuff, and when it does stuff like this it sure is disgusting.

or

C) The combined military of 2 nations subjecting their soldiers to whatever sort of technology would do this to Burroughs is disgusting.

In Kit's case? He offered the apologia because:

A) He feels bad that aliens do this to people?

B) He feels bad that somehow he has been involved with this dangerous weather stuff and is sorry he can't do anything about it?

or (ROFL)

C) He's sorry the medical community that he is part of has helped to develop crap like what injured Burroughs and saw a chance to make amends by reaching out to Burroughs and helping to corroborate Burroughs' insistence on the NIEMR?

It should be clear that there are only two choices: you can pick the weather, or you can pick military hardware and strange science.

That clears things up a little, right? You would think that some noise would go up somewhere as dedicated believers of the ETH remove Rendlesham/Bentwaters from their list of cases that provide "total proof of aliens".

Stay cool as well as healthy my friend.

We have a saying in The States: It's not a party until something gets broken. Also: If you want to make an omellette you've got to break some eggs.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I hear you buddy. There are still a lot of unexplained things going on.

But I just don't think you can force the issue on this one. Patience is a virtue.

The future is still unwritten.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
This case is most interesting to me because it was the first time in the UK I remember seeing where a newspaper headline confirmed a UFO story ".....and that's official". And it was official. I suppose since then I've actually come to know an awful lot about this story whilst also knowing not much at all about what really happened!

Good evening mirageman

The above, I've just gone back through your posts and can't find what I am looking for...do you know when the story first broke in the nationals?

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

0.3-3.0THz is solidly known as FIR, and it's used in therapeutic heating beds, especially in Canada. It sounds like cheeseball BS to me, but FIR as far back as 2009 was being touted as therapeutic for cardiac disease, so if something has changed via these mystrerious "studies" that Kit referenced then...what? Could he cite them?

The studies that I quoted from earlier seem to support what Dr Green was saying...based on my limited ability to fully understand the terminology. How fine is the line between therapeutic and harmful? Given variables?

One way or another, following the money trail. In the development of radio and radar technology, the way the US military handle these things, controlling innovation through r and d facilitation and board membership etc. The cutting edge holding companies represent a shifting landscape, constantly enveloping small innovative start ups and assuming that company's guise and identity. The two key fields, radio and computing, are totally integrated structurally and innovationally with the militaries. In both fields around the late 1970s/early 80s key companies, those with high ranking US forces personnel on the boards, like snakes start shedding a load of skin in the form of medical imaging technology companies. Which tells us that was the waste product of what they actually were developing, but a profitable one with marketable properties.

Hypothetically, if we consider that the short term therapeutic benefits could actually have long term consequences, such as those evidenced by Burroughs (perhaps), or that it is a matter of how long the exposure lasts, as well as those 'other considerations'. One of the papers I quoted from referred to 3.0 GHz being potentially harmful. I have a pile of downloaded papers to go through, recent studies, I have only skimmed through them.

I don't think the DoD can be definitive about the 'what' because of 'why' and 'how'. I'm ignoring them, they're not sharing anything useful.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It should be clear that there are only two choices: you can pick the weather, or you can pick military hardware and strange science.

I'm leaning towards a combination of all three.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes I remember like it was 32 years ago. A crisp autumn Sunday morning October 2nd 1983. The story was in the News of the World.

If you search the web there are larger press cuttings available. I think it may be in Peter Robbin's "Deliberate Deception" free booklets as well. So if you don't find what you are after let me know in the thread and I'll see what I can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join