It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+95 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
According to a Press Release by John Burroughs it has.

“What makes this incredible and groundbreaking is that in January of 2015, the Veterans Administration (VA) has finally implied — after many years of attempting to get them to acknowledge that John Burroughs was injured while in the Rendlesham Forest, tying it together with the Condign document from the U. K. — it was an unidentified aerial phenomenon or vehicle that caused the injury (to John Burroughs).

- Pat Frascogna, Atty., for USAF Tech Sgt. (Ret.) John Burroughs

By settling this case in full, the U. S. Dept. of Defense — because the V. A. is part of DoD — they confirmed that the UFO phenomenon is real.

- John Burroughs, USAF Tech Sgt. (Ret.)

If you don’t know already, John Burroughs is one of the original witnesses to the Rendlesham Forest incident in December 1980. He is the only airman to have been a witness to the events of both the first night and the final night when Colonel Halt (the Deputy Base Commander) accompanied a group into the forest to investigate.

(For information on the actual UFO case I have covered Rendlesham in a LOT more detail in this thread.)

John had suffered with congestive heart failure in recent years and had to undergo corrective surgery in late 2013. In order to understand his condition better Burroughs doctors asked that his medical records were released by the military. He was first informed that there was no record of him being in the US Air Force between between 1979 and 1983.

After further appeals he discovered his medical records were actually “classified”. A long legal battle followed involving Senator John McCain amongst others and his attorney Pat Frascogna. In this time Burroughs discovered that buried within the British MoD’s report “Project Condign” there was a paragraph of deep significance to his case.

"The well-reported Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters event is an example where it might be postulated that several observers were probably exposed to UAP [Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon] radiation for longer than normal UAP sighting periods."

Commenting in his press release Burroughs says :

I received lifesaving heart surgery to replace a badly shredded anterior mitral valve caused by the UAP radiation, and a settlement from the DOD and VA admitting I was injured in the line of duty in December of 1980.

Whether that really is admittance by the United States of the reality of the UFO phenomenon is open to interpretation. But it is certainly a most interesting development.

The full press release reads :

FOR RELEASE ON:

February 22, 2015

U.S. Government’s De Facto Acknowledgement of the Existence of UFOs

PHOENIX, AZ --- The United States Government has, for the first time ever, acknowledged by de facto the long-suspected reality of the UFO phenomenon. John Burroughs encountered a craft of unknown origin in England’s Rendlesham Forest in December of 1980 and
suffered injury there from for which the Veterans Administration has now recognized by granting him full medical disability. The December 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident in the United Kingdom is arguably the most well documented and important UFO encounter in history.

A UFO was seen over three consecutive nights by United States Air Force personnel stationed at the twin bases of Bentwaters and Woodbridge, near Ipswich, England --- then the largest NATO air force bases at the height of the Cold War.

The UFO was tracked on radar and physical evidence was found at a site where the UFO was seen to land, including indentations in the frozen ground, scorch marks on the sides on the trees, and radiation levels subsequently assessed by the UK Ministry of Defense as "significantly higher than the average background".

Airman First Class John Burroughs encountered the UFO at close proximity on the first night. While for many years the U.S. Government denied that this incident had even occurred, in 2006 the UK Government declassified an intelligence study on UFOs (codenamed Project
Condign and classified as Secret UK Eyes Only) in which the following statement is found:

The well-reported Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters event is an example where it might be postulated that several observers were probably exposed to UAP [Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon] radiation for longer than normal UAP sighting periods.

John Burroughs was one of those observers who was exposed to UAP radiation in the Rendlesham Forest in December 1980. However, despite having been exposed to UAP radiation as postulated by the UK’s own intelligence report, the U.S. Government stonewalled John, his attorney, and two United States senators for years. Now, after decades of persistence, the U.S. Government has finally acknowledged that John Burroughs suffered adverse health effects in the Rendlesham Forest and, therefore, has recognized the link between his health problems and the UFO he encountered. In an interesting twist, John’s complete medical records file from that time
he served in England remains classified. In regard to the VA’s action on his case, John said:

In January of 2015, after years of exhaustive efforts the VA settled, in full, with me. I needed someone to champion my cause, someone not afraid to put themselves at risk to help me. I was lucky. I found two to champion my cause, my attorney Pat Frascogna, and Senator John McCain and his staff. Through their efforts, I received lifesaving heart surgery to replace a badly shredded anterior mitral valve caused by the UAP radiation, and a settlement from the DOD and VA admitting I was injured in the line of duty in December of 1980.

Contact Information: Pat Frascogna, Tel: 601.672.9058, Email: [email protected]

Further information : www.earthfiles.com...

edit on 27/2/15 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

An excellent find, and an important step.

However, the existence of unrecognized aerial phenomena still does not confirm either the breakaway hypothesis or the extraterrestrials. More poking is needed to get out the information on what the UFOs are.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wow. This is the first article on this I have come across, even though the release date of the article is on Feb. 22nd. In knowing some of the Rendlesham case as well as so many others here, I mean could they have come up with any other conclusion? I don't see how. There have been some bits of info of the case, maybe alter a bit over time, but by and large the main story has stayed intact. This is pretty ground shaking, and for those of us who believe that we have been and are being visited by some extraterrestrials, I do feel somewhat vindicated.
edit on 27pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hmm. Not sure if that dog will hunt.

👣

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Applause!!! Applause!!! Applause!!!

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pirvonen

a reply to: data5091

It is important to not confuse any of this statement with confirmation of an extra-terrestrial presence on earth. As far as the DoD are concerned I have not seen any statement by them. Burroughs is confirming that the DoD accept something happened to him whilst serving his country.

However the UAP could well be a 'natural phenomenon' that is is still not understood and affects human beings.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting.

Maybe I'm missing it but where is the statement from the Veterans Administration or the DoD?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I get what your saying, but still as I read this its kind of a watered down acceptance that there are things in the sky that we cannot explain that MAY be et in nature. I am of the mind that the 5% of ufo's that cannot be explained, and this case was a good example that some aerial phenonema are e.t. in nature IMO.
edit on 27pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Trying to get acknowledgement that someone was injured by a "UFO" phenomenon is not the same thing as acknowledging ET's are here. It looks to me that they are simply trying to get this injury "covered". From what I can see regarding this story, there is nothing to indicate that the incident wasn't homegrown. Highly advanced government technology that is still apparently "Above Top Secret".

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

You're not missing anything other than the VA (as part of the US DoD) has agreed that it was an : "unidentified aerial phenomenon or vehicle that caused the injury" to John Burroughs (his words).

They have granted him full medical disability and I assume settled his medical expenses.

Although it seems strange that his medical records "remain classified".

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Trying to get acknowledgement that someone was injured by a "UFO" phenomenon is not the same thing as acknowledging ET's are here. It looks to me that they are simply trying to get this injury "covered". From what I can see regarding this story, there is nothing to indicate that the incident wasn't homegrown. Highly advanced government technology that is still apparently "Above Top Secret".

Good point.

Although who was testing the "homegrown" technology? This occurred on British sovereign territory. So were the British testing something and inadvertently involved the American forces stationed in Suffolk? Or were both nations involved? I can't see the US testing something in England without full agreement of the UK MoD.

There is also the small matter of Jim Penniston, who was alongside Burroughs on 25/26th Dec 1980, and claims to have spent 45 mins in close proximity to a strange craft. Penniston also allegedly touched the craft but has to my knowledge not suffered any ill effects.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They acknowledged he was effected by an unknown phenomena.

Not really the same as acknowledging he was effected by an ET.

All they've really said was he was subjected to something they can't explain as a weather balloon.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well...no more lighthouse story!!!! There was in fact a UFO at Rendlesham. Unbelievable.

This will start the snowball....here we go! S+F

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

like what type of technology? some super advanced lighthouse that prevents aircraft from crashing into remote new Mexican deserts?

by the size of the craft that was reportedly observed, who was doing the testing? .. the imp ?

funbox

edit on 27-2-2015 by funbox because: tiny wolves, of course

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think that the most interesting thing about this case of Burroughs vs. The DoD is that Burroughs has leveraged that statement from Project Condign in such a way that it caused the DoD/VA to settle.

So if that is any indication of the veracity of Project Condign, that the DoD would settle rather than having the details dragged out in public, then that means that whatever irradiated Burroughs is not extraterrestrial in nature.

None of the suggested sources of UAPs described in Project Condign's report are.

Hmmm.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Jim Penniston, who was alongside Burroughs on 25/26th Dec 1980, and claims to have spent 45 mins in close proximity to a strange craft. Penniston also allegedly touched the craft but has to my knowledge not suffered any ill effects.

He got super powers..

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Here's how I read all of this. Of course the phenomena is real. We are probably behind it all. One day we will disclose how we made and built all of that stuff you guys think are alien space craft and we are closer to that day with this tacit admission , But today is not that day and you might not even be alive the day that it does come.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice catch MM!

Here is good testimony from all of the US military personnel involved in the incident, from their own mouths.

It begins at about 31:30, at about 34:30 you can listen to ex-Sgt James Penniston describe what the craft felt like as he touched it. Definitely not just mistaken lighthouse lights as some debunkers would have you believe. It would be interesting to know if he has any radiation-related health issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

If you ever caught my Rendlesham Forest Thread from late 2013 then you'll know there are serious problems with Penniston's story.

* His witness statement is the only one of the originals to remain undated and the only one to mention a craft of some sort (note at that stage he stated it was in the distance and nothing about walking around it). John Burroughs was in close proximity to Penniston and does not remember ever seeing a structured craft nor Penniston 'touching it', taking notes and attempting to photograph it.

* Whenever Penniston has appeared in documentaries he tends to bring something new to the story. In the 1990s "Strange But True" doucmentary there were 'glyphs' on the craft. In early 2000s "Invasion at Rendlesham" his notebook then appeared. By the time the History Channel's UFO files in 2004/5 we have his story of touching the craft, taking notes and photos. Then in 2010 in Ancient Aliens he also has a binary code "machine to homo sapien" download to reveal to us.

* His plaster casts also play a part because Penniston's story of how he made them on Boxing day morning 1980 doesn't seem to fit the very tight timelines he would have to have adhered to.

I really haven't time to go through all the other inconsistencies of that story. It's all in the thread linked. But I consider his testimony unreliable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join