It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of CPAC Attendees Walk Out on Jeb Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The GOP nomination may not be as much of a cake walk as Jeb and his backers may perceive:

Scores of CPAC attendees began to file out as soon as Jeb Bush started speaking with talk show host Sean Hannity this afternoon,which did eventually garner plenty of applause. After exiting the main auditorium at the Conservative Political Action Conference, the protesting attendees began chanting “USA, USA” and “Stand with Rand.”

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

...then again these could be just Rand Paul supporters (former Ron Paul supporters I'm sure) trying to derail his speech at CPAC. Regardless there is growing skepticism on Jebs nomination. Some are skeptical of his chances, some are done with the Bush brand and many (most) I believe question just how conservative he is. I still think he'll get the GOP nomination and I know, it's early to predict but I think it's becoming fairly apparent. Lets not forget as well Romney, McCain were outed as moderates, Rinos, early into their presidential runs and they still ended up winning the GOP nomination by far margins over their rivals. Still, skepticism looms, and Jeb isn't going to get the nomination without a fight... and I get the feeling Rand Paul will be his biggest worry.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Jeb Bush, but that's kinda disrespectful to do that to anyone.

It also goes to show just how deep the division within GOP goes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Hey protest is protest, you don't protest to be respectful.

Not sure why they think Rand is so much different though.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I said it before and ill say it again:

Any GOP candidate that isn't a real conservative can expect a massive defeat. Conservatives are not going to vote for a republican just to prevent Obama because he's not running again and no one, not even Hillary, will look worse than Obama.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

What is a "Real" conservative to you?

I'm actually curious on this. Because there seems to be this huge divide between the more moderate conservatives and the far-right conservatives.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

division?...it just shows you how many lunatics are in the GOP, when Jeb Bush is not conservative enough...maybe they walked out to join the republican Christian caliphate

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I said it before and ill say it again:

Any GOP candidate that isn't a real conservative can expect a massive defeat. Conservatives are not going to vote for a republican just to prevent Obama because he's not running again and no one, not even Hillary, will look worse than Obama.

and what is a "real conservative" to you?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Lets not forget as well Romney, McCain were outed as moderates, Rinos, early into their presidential runs and they still ended up winning the GOP nomination by far margins over their rivals.

That is only thanks to conservative voters believing the B.S. that presumes the most conservative, strongest GOP candidate cannot win the general election.

I'll be honest, as a conservative voter, I'd be perfectly fine with folks dropping out until Ben Carson and Scott Walker were the only two left in the race. I'd like to buy into Rand, too, but he pisses me off too frequently by doing 180-degree flip-flops over issues he previously and honorably took controversial stands against. Scott Walker delivered the goods in Wisconsin that the USA needs in regards to fair public worker/taxpayer's best interests relations, and Ben Carson simply has great ideas and solid plans forward to implement them.

Jeb Bush isn't half as attractive a candidate as his brother was and the Rubios, Christies, and such are just liberals who haven't gone radically leftward enough to parlay with the modern Democrat party.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Any GOP candidate that isn't a real conservative can expect a massive defeat.

As I stated before, both Romney and McCain were touted as Rinos and moderates (I'd even say to a degree far worse than was Jeb is experiencing now) and they still ended up getting the nomination. The truth is, as much as the tea party groups and libertarians will call for purity in the party, the majority will always end up settling for the more moderate front runner. It's just the way it's been and will remain. Republicans want to be in the whitehouse 2016, they'll settle with Jeb as nominee just as they have with the other nominees. In the end conservative purity will take a backseat when it ultimately comes to the defeating the democrats. That's not say Jeb won't be challenged, but he'll still probably get the nomination and support.

Conservatives are not going to vote for a republican just to prevent Obama because he's not running again and no one, not even Hillary, will look worse than Obama.

As bad as you would like to make Obama out to be, conservatives cannot stand Hillary one bit... not sure where you got the other idea that they'll settle with her. They'll rally behind the 'moderate' if thats what they have to do to challenge her chances to the whitehouse.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
and what is a "real conservative" to you?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Real conservative was probably a poor choice of words, what I mean is the last two elections was a "suck it up and vote for the R cause OBAMA!" That's not gonna happen this time. The main issue I think the conservatives are concerned about is The repeal of Obama care.

Anyone who doesn't run on that first and foremost is gonna have issues. The next two would be the budget(taxes/spending/deficit) and Immigration.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
As I stated before, both Romney and McCain were touted as Rinos and moderates (I'd even say to a degree far worse than was Jeb is experiencing now) and they still ended up getting the nomination. The truth is, as much as the tea party groups and libertarians will call for purity in the party, the majority will always end up settling for the more moderate front runner. It's just the way it's been and will remain. Republicans want to be in the whitehouse 2016,

Therein lies the rub... I'm in no way convinced the GOP wanted the White House in 2008. I also believe there are powers within the party that are pressing the GOP leftward and, to that effect, smear the hell out of anyone who threatens that shift (the ridiculous character assassination of a rising Herman Cain comes to mind) or they simply excommunicate the threat from party debates and activities (Gary Johnson). There is an underframe of power players who effectively control the projections of both parties... These are individuals who are likely even more powerful than Sorros, the Kochs, and Steyer. They are also completely behind the scenes. That's how we end up with policies like Obamacare, tax structures which make no sense, and wars that serve zero profit to the average American. Even more incriminating, it is why those supposedly 'partisan' actions are only criticized by the other party, but never actually acted against or stripped from the books.

We The People need to cripple the two parties and actually start choosing alternate sources of leadership. Of course these unaffiliated leaders won't be announced as the election winners, because the underframe of power will continue to dictate who receives the brass ring, BUT if enough people suddenly realize their votes don't count for jack when those votes go off script, maybe the riots in the streets will set us back on track. maybe.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I agree he has a good chance of the nod. I'm more referring to the general election. Conservatives aren't willing to vote for the lesser of two evils this time around, they want to vote FOR someone even it means going third party.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Real conservative was probably a poor choice of words, what I mean is the last two elections was a "suck it up and vote for the R cause OBAMA!" That's not gonna happen this time. The main issue I think the conservatives are concerned about is The repeal of Obama care.

Anyone who doesn't run on that first and foremost is gonna have issues. The next two would be the budget(taxes/spending/deficit) and Immigration.

so what do you replace the ACA with?....or do you just throw those people out of their healthcare plans. maybe we can put all of them in FEMA camps, and let them die off from their various illnesses, or, until they cough up (so to speak) the cash for their health insurance.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I like Ben Carson.s health care plan, but I'm open to others.

Nice straw man argument though

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The 11th Commandment* Thou Shalt NOT vote against thy Meal Ticket.

*Added to the American Bible, circa 2008

I'm sorry, when somebody walks into your house and throws a big bucket of dog crap on the carpet, you don't say "Well damn, that should get cleaned up but if I do that it's gonna spread and smear into the carpet, leaving me with even more mess to clean up." and then decide to just leave the bucket O' crap spilled in your livingroom. You REMOVE THE DOGCRAP and then you REMOVE THE REMNANTS OF IT. You do this because your carpet, while certainly not spotless before the dog crap was spread on it, was a functioning carpet and did the job it was supposed to do and you cannot afford to purchase new carpeting at this time.

Obamacare is dogcrap, the carpet is the American health system, and in 2016 Obama is going to walk out the door with an empty bucket and no invitation to return for another visit. THAT is what we're facing and, gyrations and emotional pleadings notwithstanding, the solution is to hit the rest button and purge our system of this atrocity.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Democrats will keep winning Presidential elections until Republicans start giving their voters a real choice. I mean there really isn't any significant difference between Hilary, Jeb, Mitt et al. They are all bought and paid for progressives that will maintain the status quo.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

This is starting to resemble the last two elections, point being Bush will get the nomination and Hillary will win, even though the majority of people cringe at the idea of a Clinton/Bush ticket... AGAIN!!!!!

If you have never believed that the two party's are the same then you really aren't looking very careful.

Just the idea that the two party's are actually running these two progressive clowns show no one gives a dam what the American people want, but then again maybe this is what we have become as a nation .

edit on 27-2-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Hes a bush.

His family has a alot to awnser for.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hey protest is protest, you don't protest to be respectful.

Not sure why they think Rand is so much different though.

Rand aint a bush

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join