It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Rangers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Whatever the Rangers may be they'll still just be a useless and dumbassed bunch of performing and, maybe, sadistic, monkeys doing the bidding of a self-serving and thoroughly corrupt elite
Infantalised tough guys doing the homicidal bidding of deathwanking rich guys
Where's the honor in that?

Thats quite a sweeping statement, if you are a UK citizen then quite frankly I'm ashamed of you. I served my Country and take offense to that. I served in Northern Ireland and what ever the rights or wrongs of that long and wasteful conflict, i did my best to help protect people. Also in the Balkans we tried to do the right thing for the people there. We were not "sadistic, monkeys" working for "deathwanking rich guys" as you so eloquently put it we were Professional Soldiers doing a job, a very hard job, to the best of our abilities. What have you done for your Country and people lately?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
been as i have read an awful lot about special forces around the world i would think the sas and the sbs could do with some sort of similar trained "back up" group....although their deployment tends to be in smaller numbers than any other military regiments,it would probably be benificial for them to be able to call in other troopers to deal with minor problems not suitble for your standard soldier and maybe slightly too time consuming for the sas for example

during bosnia a friend of mine who was a corpral in the royal signals was working with sas guys who were advancing in front of them,there purpose was to remove bodys of children and babies that had been tortured and mutilated and left hanging from trees and also to eliminate the perpertrators of these horrendous crimes,it was deemed that the effect mentally on normal soldiers of seeing these terrible crimes would have had been disastrous...the sas guys had their hands full and lost time dealing with these elements where as if they could have called in the "rangers" they perhaps could have helped the work proceed quicker and allowed the sas guys to deal with the threat of enemy snipers quicker?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
on the subject of the MoD screwing up on projects like Typhoon, remember the fiasco with the Army's Longbow Apaches? rather than just buy them from america, they got Westland to build them under liscence. i heard about this about six years ago, but i think they have only just entered service, over budget, and failing to meet a number of deadlines. it seems like another 'good for uk business, but bad for uk military' scenario

Spacemunkey

unfortunately, i cant provide a link. i got the info from a newspaper

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Originally posted by dh
Whatever the Rangers may be they'll still just be a useless and dumbassed bunch of performing and, maybe, sadistic, monkeys doing the bidding of a self-serving and thoroughly corrupt elite
Infantalised tough guys doing the homicidal bidding of deathwanking rich guys
Where's the honor in that?

Thats quite a sweeping statement, if you are a UK citizen then quite frankly I'm ashamed of you. I served my Country and take offense to that. I served in Northern Ireland and what ever the rights or wrongs of that long and wasteful conflict, i did my best to help protect people. Also in the Balkans we tried to do the right thing for the people there. We were not "sadistic, monkeys" working for "deathwanking rich guys" as you so eloquently put it we were Professional Soldiers doing a job, a very hard job, to the best of our abilities. What have you done for your Country and people lately?

well said Janus, i have members of my family who have served in the army, and i am VERY proud of them. i have had relatives involved in WW2, korea, and cold war west germany

the British forces are highly trained professionals, not football hooligans

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join