It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrowing experience for Washington couple in classic car

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
just look at this BS

"Washington couple in a classic car wrongly stopped for having a historical license plate that didn't show up in a computer check by the trooper. The car was mistaken for a stolen car and the man was arrested."

www.powernationtv.com...

so, at gunpoint is the default mode of interaction the police use with folks now? looks increasingly like it.

(YT vid)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Those elderly are so dangerous. Need to keep them covered!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

There seems to be a pandemic of lack of common sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe they used the geriatric protocol.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would have hoped once the police saw they were dealing with elderly folks with no criminal record they could maybe de-escalate the situation a little... Maybe even just let the guy put his shirt back on.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Error after error. If it wasn't real life it would be funny. Really, how incompetent can you get?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
See the problem is it's a GM product. Had that been Mopar they could have just put the hammer down and leave the cops behind.
Sorry. This needs to be made fun of. It's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The cops just hit a whole new level of stupid there ....oh my....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
See the problem is it's a GM product. Had that been Mopar they could have just put the hammer down and leave the cops behind.

You had a 71 Challenger 440 too? LOL. Really a shame about this, cops don't seem to be this bad in Canadakastan yet, but I am sure it's coming. Especially with the new "bills" harpernista is pushing like a bad drug on a good day.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It was bad enough the old guy had to take off his shirt, but when his wife came out of the car with crutches...common sense should have kicked in and the police should have realized these two couldn't have been car thieves. Run the friggen plate again!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You had a 71 Challenger 440 too? LOL.

70 Sport Satellite. 383 Magnum. Never had the need for anything bigger. The weight to power ratio isn't there.

Really a shame about this, cops don't seem to be this bad in Canadakastan yet, but I am sure it's coming.

Depends on the area. The saying is, "No deal in Peel." The northern area of T.O. Not a place you want to go afoul of the police(even in their own minds).

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You had a 71 Challenger 440 too? LOL.

70 Sport Satellite. 383 Magnum. Never had the need for anything bigger. The weight to power ratio isn't there.

Really a shame about this, cops don't seem to be this bad in Canadakastan yet, but I am sure it's coming.

Depends on the area. The saying is, "No deal in Peel." The northern area of T.O. Not a place you want to go afoul of the police(even in their own minds).

The Satellite was a nice little car, almost bought one, but the challenger really did the job. It was a 340 T/A and I sold the motor and put a 440 bored to 505, stage 4, 2.32 intakes, 1.87 exhaust, dual 850 Holleys, etc., crazy stuff. Ran at Cayuga once for sh*ts and giggles at 8.91@168mph. Lot of fun until you twist the k-frame away from the firewall LOL.

Now, I heard Peel was getting worse, it's been going that way for a while as the gangs moved out of the inner city. It happened out in Durham as well (Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa). At one point there were 21 established gangs in Ajax and only 15 (only LOL) in Scarborough/Agincourt. Funny thing was the cops at Brock and Hwy2 told me that it was because the rich kids were bored and even though their parents were reformed, they seemed to think it was still the wild west here. I friend of mine got shot through the neck in a gang related shooting (he was an innocent bystander) in a bar being overrun by a Tamil gang. It was a while ago, but it hasn't changed that much.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this couple was previously of the "ra! ra! police are the good guys!" mentality, or the "I did nothing wrong I have nothing to worry about!" mentality.

Aside from the fact that the law is so overreaching that literally every last single citizen is guilty of at least SOME criminal activity, even if you weren't, you don't have to have done anything wrong to get worked over by the gang in blue.

I'm not happy that this happened to this couple, but maybe it will bring to light the fact that the police are NOT your friends, regardless of whether or not you see yourself as a criminal.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I particularly liked the part where they made the lady get out and walk on a broken leg.

Gotta make sure she doesn't suddenly spring into the air, turn a few flips and mow you down with a machine-crutch while screaming "Wah!"

Let's see - it was also really fun to see multiple cops all shouting conflictory commands. Real professionals, they are. Not counting the obvious incompetence at entering license plates. Or doing read-backs on numbers.

But you've got to at least be happy (!) they didn't shoot them when they were obviously confused by everyone screaming at once. And they didn't do a beat down after they got the armed miscreants in handcuffs. It is a good thing there wasn't a dog to serve as an appetizer for the cops, or they might have gotten so excited there's no telling what would have happened.

Although I would bet that they try charging them for the car impound fee.

It would be interesting to see if not knowing how to run a damned plate meets the Stanton bar for setting aside the officers' qualified immunity due to incompetence and getting at them directly. I very much think that this sort of thing will never stop until the officers face some degree of personal liability for exceptionally stupid actions.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Although I would bet that they try charging them for the car impound fee.

It sad that this seems to sound likely. Even more likely: they'll get the fee dropped at that moment, but it'll pop back up again in the future.

More than once i have paid a ticket or had it dismissed, only to have a warrant issue at a MUCH later date. Years later. Like I can prove I paid something years later (were it not for the first time I got burned, I wouldn't have started keeping records of my dealings with those incompetents).

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yeah I cringed when she got out with the crutches. I thought the pigs were going to light her up.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
a reply to: Bedlam

Yeah I cringed when she got out with the crutches. I thought the pigs were going to light her up.

But, you know, I'm sure if they had pulled over someone and discovered that they were fellow officers, or the family members of a fellow officer, or a judge, or the mayor, or the governor, that it would have gone exactly the same way.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well, on the upside he'll have no trouble adding to his classic car collection once his lawyer is done mopping the floor with these inept idiots. It looking more and more like the Benny Hill Show out there everyday.

top topics

join