It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Happy Tale That Makes Sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It does seem that we complicate our lives by choices, and wanting more, and more. We take on work responsibilities that we hate, and drudge along each day thinking that this is the only way.

Life is not easy, no one is going to argue this point, but how we live it, or change things, or not change things is up to us.

Everyday we get up we have a new lease on life, just like the movie "Groundhog Day". It may seem simplistic, but we can make a change that will alter how we live.

The problem with most of us is that we live in the past, and dream about the future when we should actually be living "In the Now".

Our now creates our future.

Sometimes just living in balance, making time for family, friends, and fun are better than chasing a dream that you may already have, and if not change it.

Here is a story from the net somewhere I really enjoy reading no matter how many times.

The Story of the Fisherman.

"A tourist arrived in a small fishing village and walked along the beach, he noticed a fisherman pulling his boat to shore. The tourist complimented the local fisherman on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took to catch them."Not very long" he answered."Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the tourist

The fisherman explained that his small catches were sufficient to meet his needs." But what do you do with the rest of your time? "asked the tourist" We sleep late ,fish a little ,play with our children, and take a siesta with our wives. In the evenings we go into the village to see our friends ,have a few drinks, play the guitar, sing a few songs. We have a full life" replied the fishermen

The tourist interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat." "And after that, with the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.

Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?" Asked the Fisherman"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist. "And after that?" Asked the Fisherman "Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, "answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!""Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the Fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

"With all due respect Sir, but that's exactly what we are doing now. So what's the point of wasting twenty-five years?" asked the fishermen Author unknown."

edit on 27-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thank goodness for those who strive for enough instead of more.
But our culture does what it can to make everyone want more, want better, want it all. And who controls the culture? Those who want to sell us more.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I dream not of my future - it is very real, just elusive.

We can all change our future. It is still a choice of realities, not a choice of dreamworlds. We are all real, we can all make real change, we can all change the real World.

It is never too late.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It has been a long time since i first read this little story, it was shared widely on the net back then along with other stories and poems such as 'the little witch', 'desiderata' and 'how could you'.

s&f

new topics

top topics

join