It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonard Nimoy, Spock, Dies at 83

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
He's in a MUCH better place than all of us useless souls whom are still trapped here on Earth...

A rare worldview that I very much share & I commend you for it!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Rest in peace.

Now...this morning I get an email related to this sad story. Here is my sliced and diced, cut and paste.

ENTERTAINMENTEARTH.COM:
Well, we have received some very sad news about our favorite Vulcan. Here is a link from CBS: startrek.com... Today, we all honored Leonard Nimoy as sales for Star Trek went crazy. Please see the link below for your favorite Spock items. We had a great Funko Friday by introducing Batman 75th Anniversary Pop! in Blue and Star Wars Darth Vadar Hikari limited edition Sofubi, all selling very well right now. Wraping up this week we added some great Funko items, vinyl vixens, weekly sale items and a Walking Dead Bobble Heads Daily Deal, along with a "newly added to site" Glenn Rhee Mini-Bust.
Please take a look at all the Top Sellers, great sales this week and daily deals throughout the weekend.
Live long and prosper, Mr. Spock. We will miss you forever

ME:
Are you serious??? The man just died and you want to celebrate this by suggesting I buy some products from you. TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST!

ENTERTAINMENTEARTH.COM:
I apologize if this was received in error. You were originally sent this because you signed-up as an affiliate under Berserk Boutique (www.berserkboutique.com). This was not to celebrate, but to honor Mr. Nimoy. Again, please accept our apologies and you have been removed, per your request. Thank you.

Now...I understand business and marketing, but isn't this just a tad bit distasteful??? Really screwed up my whole day.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i watched all the videos on page 8..it was wonderful.
thank you gortex
edit on 28-2-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Boy talk about milking a carreer from a silly sci-fi...I mean really this guy was a terrible actor!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Very sad feel like part of my childhood passed with him.He will long be remembered a logical character in a time of illogical thinking.Journey well... Leonard had an interesting portfolio of full bodied women.(very illogical Mr Spock) "Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood." George Orwell 1984

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Leonard Nimoy has move on to the next plane of existence he will be greatly missed.Live Long and Prosper.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Tweet From Outer Space

Vulcan Sign By Astronaut Terry Verts

That says alot
He will be missed

edit on 1-3-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Boy talk about milking a carreer from a silly sci-fi...I mean really this guy was a terrible actor!

This has been such a good natured thread but I guess we had to have someone come along and ruin it.

Sure he was not a actor who was ever going to win any Oscars, just like Mark Hamill will probably never win a Oscar.

But we Sci-fi fans are a loyal bunch, we are not fans of Nimoy because he was a fantastic actor but because he was a fantastic human being who brought a equally fantastic character into our lives who taught us so much about our own humanity and dazzled our young imaginations about what could be possible. We are mourning Spock probably as much as Nimoy, there are countless loyal fans who will miss him turning up sign a few photos at the conventions or him turning up in a cameo or even just miss reading his twitter feed.

If you are not a fan of sci-fi you cannot possibly understand how deep our love for our favourite characters and actors goes and Nimoy was probably the most loved for many of us.

For us geeks this is like finding out Elvis has died.

So please show some respect.
edit on 1-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

So sad what a legend as well. Rest in peace Leonard Nimoy!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

he wasn't just a actor, he was actor, film director, poet, photographer, singer, songwriter.
he received four Oscar Nominations, stared in 47 movies, directed 7 movies, three of which he wrote/ co wrote the screen plays for.he starred 44 television shows as a recurring character. more than episode, or one episode. playing a cowboy, spy, doctor, lawyer, cop, thief/ crook, plus many other parts.

his Photography has been displayed in at least two museums, and three books published. he has published 7 poetry books, and 5 music albums.

these are just highlights of his work and life,not bad for a 83 year old man who had a net worth of 50 million dollars, having fun doing what he liked to do, and the respect and love of many millions people.

what do you have to show for your life? 20,30,50 years from now no one will know who you are, Leonard Nimoy will be remembered for many years to come.

ETA: just a side note, i wonder how many people would give up the live long and prosper salute, if they realized Nimoy based the hand gesture and saying on a Jewish blessing.
edit on 1-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yeah, when I heard the news this girl just walked up to me in class and said in a completely monotone voice "Leonard Nimoy is dead". I couldn't believe that someone could be so non-chalant about it. As a life long Star Trek fan, I felt like I had just lost a close relative or friend, because even though I never knew him he inspired me so deeply. I was devistated, on the verge of tears, and I felt that way all day.
He will be deeply missed

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Leonard Nimoy: An Obituary…
The news hit me with a ton of bricks. Leonard Nimoy, one of my greatest heroes, had died. At first it didn’t register. I simply couldn’t comprehend the fact that Mr. Spock had passed on…but when it finally did, I was devastated. I know that much has already been said about the passing of this great legend, but since it felt so personal I have to get my thoughts out.

When Leonard Nimoy first signed on for Star Trek, he couldn’t have known just how significant he would be. In portraying Mr. Spock, he became the singlehanded face of logic and reason to an entire generation….and much to his surprise, every generation after that. Born into a humble family of Ukranian Jewish immigrants (the iconic Vulcan salute actually originated as the symbol of the Kohanim, the high priests of Jewish society), he rose to the stars and in doing so took us all with him. But why do I feel so personally affected by all this? I never had the incredible honor of meeting him face to face (and it saddens me deeply to know that I never will)…but he inspired me on a level greater than many of my own relatives. It is in part thanks to him that I have chosen my path in life: the study of astronomy and the universe. In this way, he has given me a purpose and a dream and for that I will always be grateful, and no matter how far I get, I will always thank him. Of course, my story is far from unique. Millions of others have felt inspired in the exact same way, truly a standing testimony to Leonard Nimoy’s incredible impact. But because my story is so common, I’ve said all that has been needed to say. So I will simply end it by paraphrasing one of his greatest performances: “I have always, and will always be your friend.” You have lived long and prospered, Leonard. Thank you for changing my life. Rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Through his acting he showed us how to manage our emotions. What a great guy! He will be missed.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
He was a good actor.
RIP mate.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Part of my childhood left with him. Whiles I was no were near the biggest StarTrek fan I still enjoyed the show and all the fandom that it help make.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty cool.

Canadians Are "Spocking" Their $5 Bills in a Perfect Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
Source

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceOverlord

Yeah, when I heard the news this girl just walked up to me in class and said in a completely monotone voice "Leonard Nimoy is dead". I couldn't believe that someone could be so non-chalant about it

Maybe it was her way of dealing with the news and her sorrow. Some people seem to think actors are something bigger than life because of a made up part they play. But, he did seem to be a good person and used his part to illustrate a positive life form.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We are loading him into a photon torpedo and launching him directly into Europa or Titan, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I, too, would just like to add my voice to the long, respectful list of goodbyes, posted here. I too was a huge fan of The Original Series (and the six movies by the originals).

Leonard Nimoy/ Mr. Spock was my favourite actor/ chacter. And his direction of films Three and Four, for me, were as perfectly handled as any director that could of been hired.

I never really watched The Next Generation- just could not "get into it". Did not like it ,(watched the first one and three other episodes maybe of it in it's history and though I knew of them, I have never seen Voyager, Enterprise or Deep Space Nine): I do not intend to offend anyone. I just think The original series were a hard act to follow- absolutely ICONIC characters (and actors) and the movies just sealed the deal for me. Like being married to the one and only and then becomming widowed- you can happily spend the rest of your life alone- with just your happy memories. A bit strong for an analogy maybe, but it just illustrates the sentiment of - after Spock and The Original Series- "just not interested).

Thank you Leonard for your part (a huge one; and you made it iconic)

a reply to: roth1

Thank you very much Member for the link. I shall watch these later. I also used to watch these, probably have seen them all, but def. still excellent for a rewatch- (saw them in my late teens)- in the days of "Ripley's Believe It or Not" "Arthur C. Clake's Mysterious World" etc. they were the best we had for Paranormal/ Mysteries/ Supernatural investigative programmes. They made one with such interests feel "normal", not so "outcast". I loved Leonard's voice and style of address- both hypnotic and haunting. Very captivating.

Rest In Peace Mr. Leonard Nimoy; Good Night, God Rest and thanks for all the memories.

And, as others have, let me add my "Live long_And prosper" [Vulcan salute].

Seeker7

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join