It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonard Nimoy, Spock, Dies at 83

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

The 2 spocks meet.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
RIP Mr. Nimoy
I remember as a kid watching old reruns of In Search of... It got me into bigfoot, ufos, lochness, etc...

He was also on my favorite Simpsons episode - Marge vs The Monorail.
“And let me say, “May the force be with you!”

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This was sad news today. RIP Spock. Your work will live on long after you have passed on Mr. Nimoy.

Somehow I don't think he transferred his soul to McCoy this time, but he is boldly going where only Scotty has gone before.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I LOVE that commerical!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My first, and lifelong crush. I remember crying at age 12, thinking about the day I would hear this news. Having seen how Leonard Nimoy lived long, and prospered, it is easier to say farewell.

You made it cool to be a geek. That was a lifeline for more of us marginal folk than you could ever have known, but for each oddball spirit who actually wrote to you, there were many, many more of us who silently sent, and continue to send, thanks for legitimizing our quirks. And that was Leonard Nimoy - not Spock - that modeled that for us.

A little logic has left our homeworld today - and a hell of a lot of humanity. Rest among your fellow stars, Leonard Nimoy. And thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Late to the Thread but have to say RIP

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Doesn't "seem logical Capt"....that he is gone. Rest in peace Spock. We will miss you.

And thank you

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I have to admit that the new 'Spock' does look like the old one...

Is he as good? Maybe but there is only one Original.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Damn, we're losing all the good ones...

Thanks for the wild trip through the stars, Mr. Spock

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
One thing that always repeats with each passing of an icon or well known figure is the knowledge they were of an era, a time, a place, just as others who've come before them. All of us are part of an era, a time and a place. Just as we're wishing Leonard Nimoy well in the hereafter and thanking him for his time here, others like us, hundreds and thousands of years ago, were doing the same. And hundreds and thousands of years from now some reflection of us will continue it, like the distinctive sound of a running creek making its way to the river.

This day had to come. Here it's. Loved your voice Leonard, and your demeanor. You always seemed serious (and respectful) even when it wasn't required. I liked that. Like a sergeant telling his soldier to stand up straighter.
edit on 27-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree on the one original. Somehow it is easier to accept the remake of the old star trek movies knowing a different time line was created.

Of all the Sci fi tv shows and movies I think Star trek was the catalyst that really got people involved in space and wanting to go explore "where no man has gone before".

To carry on that tradition the US Navy has decided to name the newest aircraft carrier of the Gerald Ford Class -

USS Enterprise - CVN 80 - set for 2025.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

My first reaction to this is ... Spock? Noooo! . Second ... God what a messed up decade I was born in. Third ... why didn't they use this theme for the movies?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Only Leo's voice was able to make documentary fun like this...

A human who built that

R.I.P Spock!

ps. Bill, Toasst are for Pigs!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cprnicus
Third ... why didn't they use this theme for the movies?

In a way they did...

We know them as "red shirts".

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
oh man. Thats a damn shame. I guess it had to happen....but damn it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sad day...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Live long and prosper where ever you are my pointy earred friend! You will be missed greatly!

Such sad news...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The conspiracies have started & this guy is taking it to another level

It's a prophetic sign of significance warning you of the FCC take over of the Internets

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh nooooo! So sad to hear he is no longer with us. Wishing you a good journey dear Leonard. RIP.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
RIP Leonard Nimoy and thanks for being part of one of those shows that made me look up at the night sky and wonder.
First star to the right and straight on until morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join