It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nose piercings!! Ewwwww!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Sure it takes guts,or a different mentality,but
I am sort of more concerned with the health aspects myself-piercings can invite infection,and tattoos depending upon the ink used can be carcinogenic.

I actually want a tattoo or some other mark upon my skin,to commemorate my soul dog who walks the next world now,but the health risks do concern me,so I have yet to do it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a Niece who looks like a model, just gorgeous. One year she decided to get a tattoo in honor of her deceased half brother. She ended up with this huge tattoo covering her entire calf area. Any time she wore a dress or shorts or bathing suit, it took away greatly from her natural beauty. Her husband has tattoos everywhere. He is an awesome guy but looks like a comic book.

I once attended a wedding where all the bridesmaids were beautiful young women. One had her arms entirely tattooed and across her chest. They wore gorgeous strapless flowing gowns and she stood out like a sore thumb. It took away from her natural beauty. It looked like she was wearing a print t-shirt under her gown. Of course everyone commented.

I once saw a woman who had so many piercings on her face it was disturbing and ugly as hell.

Like clothing, book or movie genres or anything else, people have their own preferences and a right to have them. There are so many ways for someone to be a unique individual, but some of these ways do not compliment them and they should not be surprised when others just don't appreciate it. They should expect it. If it is what they choose for themselves they should enjoy their choice, just don't be upset when everyone else doesn't like it.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Wow .. I have a lovely septum ring that I've gotten many compliments on and have had for many years, a long time ago I used to have a side shave and I've got very long hair, and I also have a tattoo sleeve. You seem to think these are all new fads, these are things that have been done by certain subcultures for decades.

So its nice to know I'm so disgusting to you just based on my outward appearance. I think its adorable that, if that's you in your avatar photo, you look like you're going for the emo look which WAS a big trend here in the states and Mexico ( and was generally regarded as silly ), yet you're making fun of the way other people look.

Either way, you're entitled to your opinion, I just think it sucks. And I know most people at this site will probably agree with you, but I still think it sucks. Have a good one.

If you hadn't written these apt words, something similar would have rolled off my pierced tongue.

Easy up on the judgements op... its not as if these trends are new or damaging to the world. Bigger issues at hand, no?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Easy up on the judgements op... its not as if these trends are new or damaging to the world. Bigger issues at hand, no?

She has every right to have an opinion on things as anyone else. It comes down to personal preferences and she has voiced hers. We have all voiced our own opinions. If someone wants certain piercings and or tattoos, that is their choice, but they know others will have an opinion about it. I don't care if someone judges my clothing or jewelry choices or anything else. I choose for myself what I want, not what others expect. However, I can't be surprised or hurt if someone else doesn't like my choices.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Some people do make bad tattoo choices.
In the UK we have a beautiful lady called Cheryl,and she got a big botty rose tattoo which really was a bad idea.
It sort of looked like zombie flesh instead of roses from a distance.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As someone who suffers from what seems to be a perpetual runny nose, I cannot imagine what comes out in the kleenex coming out of a hole in the side of my nose. Or rather, I can imagine it - what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Piercings and tattoos are one of those great human dividers - we are rather good at constructing those for ourselves, aren't we?

I got my first tattoo at age 45. By then I was sure that I did want one - and what I wanted. I am SO glad I did not succumb at an earlier age - those choices would be horrid today. They can all be covered, and usually are. That gives me a sense of the best of both worlds, which I find empowering. Any time I am up against the wall - I remind myself that there is a dragon back there - and it stiffens my spine a bit more. The fact that the casual observer has no idea that dragon is there adds even more to the moment. Call it a coping skill for a severe introvert. It works.

I don't think, however, that a nose piercing would have the same effect. I CAN see, however, where women might get some advantage of forcing men to look up at their noses, instead of down at their attributes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Teen fashion....i've been having this talk with my youngest (17) son. To him, "fashion" means wearing Ralph Lauren.

I cannot accept that a label can become a proxy for basic abilities to dress oneself. It's annoying enough that I won't wear that particular label as principle.

RE: nose rings...so long as you don't wear a trailer hitch, or have gauges, im cool with it. I think lip rings look pretty silly, but whatever. What folks with piercings don't understand is how bad they smell. Especially gauges and tongue rings. OMG, poorly maintained tongue rings can make you long for the stockyards.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty

Another thing that really pisses me off is that quiff thing from the last year and a half which is still super popular.
Love quiffs, especially 50s/60s quiffs but this is different, its like the front is super gelled with enough oil to start a large car, and the sides shaved?!! i mean what the heck?!!!!!! that isnt 50s, thats just ridiculous.

I think you meant "coiffe."
"Quiff" means something else.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I like your avatar's ink

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The entire human body has 'disgusting' functions. The eustachian tubes are connected to the back of the nose and throat as well as the inner ear. The ear produces earwax, but people don't think twice about earrings, right?

As someone with a septum ring, I have to say I absolutely have no problems wiping my nose. I went a few months without the jewelry and it wasn't much of a difference. So I guess I don't see how its so much more disgusting given that either way, you're blowing snot out of your nose. I've seen plenty of people without piercings with crusty noses. In fact, one might say us that have them tend to keep our noses extra-clean

If you don't like the way they look, that's OK, entirely your own sense of aesthetics. I've gotten plenty of good natured jabs but VERY rarely has anyone expressed their 'disgust' to me, to my face. Guess they save their vitriol for online venues. Kind of feel like, I'm not hurting you, if I regret it then that's my problem and feel free to not look at me.

But I completely agree with your line about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Their crusty, wet, gelatinous eye.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They gross me out. Looks like snot dangling for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I like your avatar's ink

I keep forgetting she has tattoos. I find her eyes mesmerizing, intense and beautiful. I love her long golden hair and she is...an elf.
I would love to see her without the tattoos and in a pretty gown instead, but she is what she is.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I rather like the look of nose piercings and tattoos, especially on the opposite sex. Also the whole side of the head shaved thing?, yeah.. you must be young because that was very popular amongst goths and metalheads in the nineties and still is. And before that in the thirties with Nazis, if you look up "SS Haircut" in google images you will see handsome young men with the sides of their heads shaved and maybe even a little pomade to style and slick back whats left on top.

Riahhanna definitely did not start that trend, things just come and go back an forth in and out of style, the cycle continues. Get over it, you're probably not all that original yourself regardless of what you think, all those things you like?, yeah they have been around for a long time and were popularized by others likely before you were born, ( the bible states there is nothing new under the sun). You should maybe try to stop worrying so much what your piers do, noone likes judgemental people who view themselves as better than others.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The fact that some people do things differently than you does not make them any better, or any worse.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry if this is the wrong forum
But sadly i see that nose piercings are coming back into fashion, at least here in Europe i see many students starting to wear them.. which means it will spread and by the summer be in fashion.

Seriously im not being gross but they look like, erm the person hasnt wiped their nose.
They are just the most gross ugly looking things imaginable.

I`m not a fan of piercings myself, but this one is just really gross looking piercing.

This is why i think humans are sheeple.
Like that stupid side hair shave thing rhianna? did ...
Soon as she did it, all the celebs started doing it... its this mentality of " i must fit in"

Another thing that really pisses me off is that quiff thing from the last year and a half which is still super popular.
Love quiffs, especially 50s/60s quiffs but this is different, its like the front is super gelled with enough oil to start a large car, and the sides shaved?!! i mean what the heck?!!!!!! that isnt 50s, thats just ridiculous.

These fashions and trends make me just realise how generic and unspecial humans are, they are like programmed sheeple, all follow the other.

Back on point, what do you think?

Out of interest, is that you with the terribly non conformist and thoroughly not sheeple like mode-ish haircut and image in your avatar?

It's all a bit "my fashion is better than your fashion" really.

Buuuuuuut nose rings. Totally clean if you look after your own hygiene like a grown up. I had three as a younger chap before I bored of them years later and just never bothered putting them back in after cleaning them one morning.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Thank you for pointing that out.... 😀

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

seriously what does anyone see in nose piercings
gross!

Seriously, what does anyone see in ear lobe piercings? It's like an extension of their ear wax, gross!

Sounds dumb, huh? Nose piercings, like ear piercings, come with a multitude of different types of ornaments. Some are gaudy and/or hideous for both regions. Some are classy & beautiful. I don't have a nostril stud, but I'd sure like one, they're in many cultures over our specie's history, and are very pretty when done tastefully. Not much really gross about it, it's not like there's a stereotypical chicken bone wedged in the hole.

Edit: I also have a tattoo, for significant, meaningful personal reasons. It's not the world's gaudiest bicep tat, it's an astronomical symbol I put there for my own reasoning. If people can deal with my occasionally hairy legs in summer, then a tat on my bicep can be dealt with also. Neither are that big of a deal in the grand scheme of life.
edit on 3/3/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have no opinion of most piercings. Nose, ear, lip, nipples, navals...meh, means not much to me.
Then there are genital piercings...total deal breaker.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Tattoos, piercings, & makeup are my 3 biggest turn offs. & not necessarily in that order.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I like your avatar's ink

I keep forgetting she has tattoos. I find her eyes mesmerizing, intense and beautiful. I love her long golden hair and she is...an elf.
I would love to see her without the tattoos and in a pretty gown instead, but she is what she is.

You mean that isn't you in your avatar?! I've been so misled )/:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join