It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porcelain Doll Maker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Several years ago, my Aunt gave my daughter an old porcelain doll, still in the box. It was explained to her it was not a toy to play with, so it was put in the top of her closet and has been there ever since. Last night, just out of curiosity, I decided to see how old the doll was and what it may be worth. Not to sell, but if it is a collectible, it should be in a safer place than just sitting in the closet. The name of the company who made it is "Francy", not to be confused with "Francie" from the Barbie line of dolls. No other information on the box or tag on the doll other then "Made by Francy Dolls - Name: ANNEMIEK ". I have included pictures in hopes that someone will recognize the doll or the maker. My Aunt died a while back and we never thought to ask any details about it, although I knew she had collected them for years. I fully expect to discover it's a $19.95 doll you can find anywhere, but damned if I can find it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'd recommend searching for Dutch and/or German sites with the name ANNEMIEK, knowing that you may need to use a translator to see the page contents. But, other Francy porcelain dolls are going for about $35-$100 on auction sites, just from a cursory search.

My guess is the company was never online, and likely isn't still producing, or it would likely have SOME kind of web presence or references.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Is it a limited edition doll? Check for any markings on the neck or back of the doll. Francy may be the name of the doll and not the maker. By appearance, it is a cute doll, but it doesn't appear to be one that would be of much value, but I don't know. Did it come with any certificates, paperwork?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That's I was thinking, that they're out of business or sold to another doll company. I can find references to the company, but not the company itself. I'll likely just keep surfin' the net, see what I can dig up.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I've looked at the doll and can find no markings that would make it stand out and no paperwork or certificates that I know of. It's not that I think it's all that valuable, but I'm the kind of person that, when I get curious about something, it kind of eats at me till I figure it out. Like I said, I'll keep digging, see what comes up.
Thanks to both of you.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I tried to search through images of Francy porcelain dolls and couldn't find the doll. I wish you luck in your searches.

new topics

top topics

join