It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Inspector Generals Investigating Possible Criminal Activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

IRS Deputy Inspector General Timothy Camus, who testified alongside Inspector General J. Russell George, said his organization was investigating possible criminal activity. He did not elaborate, other than to suggest a key factor is whether documents were intentionally withheld.

Though they don't know how many of them are new, they told a congressional oversight committee that IRS employees had not asked computer technicians for the tapes, as directed by a subpoena from House oversight and other investigating committees.

That admission was in direct contradiction to earlier testimony of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

“It looks like we’ve been lied to, or at least misled," said Rep. John Mica, R-Fla. at a congressional hearing Thursday evening,
Allegations IRS Agency Chief May Have Lied

-
OBSERVATION:

If there is this much (non-stopable?)-corruption inside the IRS, then it becomes less of a surprise to hear calls to ... "Abolish the IRS".

( i.e. they've done it to themselves )

edit on 27-2-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Far too many sheeple have no idea how these bureaucracies are taxing their lives and wallets with regulations from unelected bureaucrats.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

The IRS issued a statement saying the agency "has been and remains committed to cooperating fully with the congressional oversight investigations.

I have been watching Kosiken's not-so-fancy footwork and I can tell you with certainty, they are not cooperating with the investigations.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Karma's a bitch!

I have long proposed abolishing all income taxes.
This is a real reason to go that route.
Income taxes have long been used for social engineering, which
is not supposed to the purpose of them at all.

I feel a national sales tax, with
no individual or corporate income tax at all
is the fairest way to go for everyone.

The rich will be forced to pay their fair share
because of all the luxury goods they purchase.

The middle class and poor will feel like they got a 33% raise monthly.
Which will stimulate the economy.

The poor can do like they do in Europe,
be eligible for "refunds" on sales taxes
based on income and family size
annually and so still "get their annual check"

The IRS will still have jobs,
monitoring business sales taxes.

Plus, Millions of americans will be set free
at tax time!!!!!

I am all for ending social engineering through
the convoluted maze
that is income and corporate taxes
which are engineered to fail when someone/corporation
attempts to do them "correctly" if the
prevailing winds of government
wish to punish social or corporate activities they don't like.

edit on 11Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:02:12 -0600am22702amk275 by grandmakdw because: correction addition format

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
All the liars will be exposed and prosecuted.

Lois Lerner is already in Contempt.

Kosiken already caught in many lies.

The Obama White House connections will be exposed.

The center cell of corruption and jealousy will be highlighted.

J-A-I-L is too good for them

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Nice find!!

Congressman Issa told Director Koskinen: "Obama was gonna drag him into the mud too."

The only unknown is if he, Lerner where warned by Obama to keep quiet...showing his "killed list" as thuggery.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I found one of the emails they are talking about on tv particularly damning evidence. It was from Lois Lerner to another individual talking about how implausible it would be for investigators to believe that both of their hard drives crashed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All the liars will be exposed and prosecuted.

Lois Lerner is already in Contempt.

Kosiken already caught in many lies.

The Obama White House connections will be exposed.

The center cell of corruption and jealousy will be highlighted.

You seem unusually optimistic today.

I anticipate a severe finger wagging.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sounds to me that there is a real possibility that the IRS is a criminal organization. I am saying this in the event that the leadership in the IRS was conspiring to lie to Congress and cover up wrongdoing.

If this is so... wouldn't taxpayers be complicit if they continued to pay money to the criminal organization?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Unless they were privy to the wrong doing from the start and failed to act you might have a case.

Absent that no they would not be.

McDonalds corp in Europe apparently found a way to get around paying taxes there. Is everyone who ate at McDonalds a part of a conspiracy to help McDonalds evade taxes?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I know.....
Just wishing we didn't have to pay taxes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I know.....
Just wishing we didn't have to pay taxes.

To be honest I don't know why we have an IRS. Just let the states do the processing like they do already. There is no reason to constantly reproduce entire departments for 2 different governments.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sounds to me that there is a real possibility that the IRS is a criminal organization. I am saying this in the event that the leadership in the IRS was conspiring to lie to Congress and cover up wrongdoing.

If this is so... wouldn't taxpayers be complicit if they continued to pay money to the criminal organization?

A federal income tax strike may be necessary.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There never was any doubt that the IRS is run by a bunch of criminals. The only thing that will surprise me is if something is done about the lies and corruption.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Tax revolts can be effective if done correctly.. Aside from dressing up as Native Americans and throwing tea into a harbor somewhere several revolts at the municipal level have worked in several states.

I don't mind taxes so long as the money I am being taxed on goes exactly to where the law requires it to go. I firmly believe if a tax law is passed and the money collected goes to items not specified in the tax those responsible should be charged with fraud / bait and switch / theft be deceit / etc.

Public services cost money. To be honest I think we aren't paying enough in taxes for some of the services we receive. I have observed at the municipal / county level in my state where tax increases have passed because the tax language specifically spells out why the tax is needed, how much the tax is expected to bring in and how that money is spent.

I have also seen it where a tax is passed with a sunset clause, requiring re-authorization a few years down the line. This allows the people to see if the tax is working and if it should be extended.

Another example was an amendment to Missouri law some time back. The fuel tax was being used for anything but what it was intended for. The amendment was passed by the people requiring the tax revenues to go exactly to the designated areas. That helped Missouri fix our highways / bridges and fund other large ticket items (highway intersection improvements etc).

If we pulled the same stunt that our government does we would still be doing time.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think most of what people think is necessary in terms of public services (whole other conversation) is funded by state and local taxes.

If we repeal the 16th amendment, it would result in a dollar-per-citizen return of $5,000-$20,000 annually which is enough for most people to replace whatever they may have gotten in 'help' from the federal government.

There really is no good argument for the federal income tax.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

National defense comes to mind.
The post Office.
The Judicial Branch.
The Legislative Branch.
The Executive Branch.
Federal Law Enforcement (Crimes occurring across state lines etc).

I can keep going but you get the idea. Removing the amendment would cause more harm good considering there are required functions the Federal Government must do per the Constitution.

A tax to fund the Federal government is needed however we should look at overlap with the states in areas and see if it can be handled at one level or the other for both - like tax collection.

Kind of like how Police, Fire and EMS operations / Municipal / county court houses are merged in some areas of the US.

just my 2.3 cents adjusted for inflation...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

National defense comes to mind.
The post Office.
The Judicial Branch.
The Legislative Branch.
The Executive Branch.
Federal Law Enforcement (Crimes occurring across state lines etc).

I can keep going but you get the idea. Removing the amendment would cause more harm good considering there are required functions the Federal Government must do per the Constitution.

A tax to fund the Federal government is needed however we should look at overlap with the states in areas and see if it can be handled at one level or the other for both - like tax collection.

Kind of like how Police, Fire and EMS operations / Municipal / county court houses are merged in some areas of the US.

just my 2.3 cents adjusted for inflation...

All good points, much of my strategy regarding negotiating for less government is based on the idea that no cuts will ever be made if they are presented as cuts.

Like a spoiled teenager, the answer is to take it all away and negotiate for the reinstatement of necessary services, most of which are already local.

The postal service should be closed (though it costs less than $10 billion).

After some nominal cuts, we only need a few hundred billion (or less) for national defense. As you say, that can be generated at the state level.

The federal judicial branch shouldn't have much of a cost.

The legislative and executive branches are also small potatoes (with some very big exceptions that will need to be addressed)

We never had a federal police force until the creation of the FBI (which used to be very small). Instead of having criminals who cross state borders be treated in a separate judicial system they should be extradited back to the original state of their crime.

Police, fire, EMS, etc are all local and would be unaffected (except for the manipulative federal money that is being used as leverage against local autonomy).

Originally, tariffs were the primary source of funds for the federal government and that is preferable to income taxes anyway.

Overall, it isn't nearly as unimaginable as it may at first seem.

Very good cents you have there.

edit on 27-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
These new reports must be all BS.

Obama said so.

Obama Says "Not Even a Smidgen of Corruption" in IRS Scandal

BwaHaHaHa

Now what say you Obama !!!

edit on Feb-27-2015 by xuenchen because: [-_OoO_-]

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My one wish would be that the whole world would join ATS, understand and comprehend the world conspiracy that's been happening while they've been asleep. If the U.S. has this much corruption you can damn well be sure the rest of the world is bought and paid for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join