It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson's Off-Handed Anti-Media Comment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

"Yet another way we are misguided, misinformed and sensationalized by the 24-hour news cycle." - Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett Johansson's Off-Handed Anti-Media Comment

I saw this on the news this morning, but the title they ran with was "Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About John Travolta Oscars Encounter". What they didn't elaborate on was what she actually said...

"That still photo does not reflect what preceded and followed if you see the moment live. Yet another way we are misguided, misinformed and sensationalized by the 24-hour news cycle. I haven't seen John in some years and it is always a pleasure to be greeted by him."

In fact when NBC carried it this morning, they quoted EVERYTHING from the attached article, except this specific line. I'm sick of selective coverage.

I'm pretty sure I have heard her and other celebrities speak out against the media in the past, but I think it says a lot for the 30 year old actress and her view of the media's mis-information campaign in general. I'm glad she said something, but once again disappointed that no one picks up and carries the torch nationally when the opportunity presents itself.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Added "exnews" tags and source link.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain

I love Scarlett Johansson!

John Travolta? Not so much.

His behaviour at the Oscars looked like someone slipped a tab of Ecstasy into his spritzer.

PS. Link broke

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

With looks like that and a critical mind.... this is a very dangerous human.

Radio back to galactic HQ. We have located their leader.....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

"We've got one that can see!" (They Live 1988)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sounds like you may have seen her in 2014's 'Under the Skin'?

My vote for best picture of the year.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That'll be the same media that neglected to highlight her abhorrent support for Israeli apartheid and terror...

So she could suck a straw seductively for a 16m dollar Super Bowl advert & play Little Miss Innocent Zion...

Oh how heartbroken I am for her hardships...

edit on 27-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Wrong smiley!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Link please

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Just like we are responsible for researching medical conditions, drugs and taking responsibility for our own health, we are responsible for the information we get and believe. In today's world, if you hear it on the news, be CRITICAL. Look it up and read several different news sources before deciding what to believe. I watch MSNBC and FOX among others, because neither gives the truth. It lies somewhere in the middle or somewhere not mentioned by either.

We must take responsibility for our knowledge and not trust any single news source.

Go, Scarlett!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

She is a rabid Obama supporter and campaign contributor. She can't be that bright, but dangerous? Probably so.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

She can support or contribute to whoever she wants for all I care...

I'd still drink her bath water

edit on 27-2-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Psynic

m.thenational.ae...

ugh.

How about Emma Stone? Is she safe to lust after?

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh my Goddess you guys are the comedic bright spot of my Friday afternoon.

Scarlett Johansson is the Goddess personified in flesh. How any of you don't believe the creation of all existence - didn't stem from Goddess Divine - is beyond me.

On topic... what Benevolent Heretic said.

Just like we are responsible for researching medical conditions, drugs and taking responsibility for our own health, we are responsible for the information we get and believe. In today's world, if you hear it on the news, be CRITICAL. Look it up and read several different news sources before deciding what to believe. I watch MSNBC and FOX among others, because neither gives the truth. It lies somewhere in the middle or somewhere not mentioned by either. We must take responsibility for our knowledge and not trust any single news source.

CdT
edit on 27-2-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar fix

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Typical mainstream media. cherry picking what they want the masses to see. Im so sick of Main stream media, and the total control they have on people who have not woken up, to this. Its ridiculous, Scarlet is so right in her statement, people are misguided, misinformed, and they will continue to be, ITs what the people in power want, total control over what you perceive. ITs the most powerful tool the establishment has, on swaying the public which ever way they want. "Sometimes I just want to shout Wake the F#ck up people. You people actually believe all this crap." Im not talking about people here on ATS, most here are well aware of the media and there manipulation of news and other information.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've not watched the 'news' in two decades, and I've not watched a TV commercial in fifteen years. I don't even watch the TV shows everyone is talking about.

Yet I still seem to hear about all of this stuff. My only exposure to the outside world is second hand MSM garbage, fed to me indirectly through the bleating of sheep.

What a world.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm saying I wouldn't have respect for someone who was an Obama supporter and I don't find women I don't respect to be attractive.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm saying I wouldn't have respect for someone who was an Obama supporter and I don't find women I don't respect to be attractive.

Grow up.

Its pathtic to hold personal issues with someone over silly politics.

USA partsian attitudes are pathetic no wonder you are all being divided.

I dont like Obams and I dont much care for republicans either.
But I still have american freinds who voted for both even if I do call the ones who voted for bush morons (jokenly)

In the UK .... well most of us honnestly dont give a # what our personal politics are.

edit on 27-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You have made false assumptions. I don't vote for either party...they both suck. However, someone who actively supports Obama is an idiot (same with Bush).

The fact she went out of her way to help that clown get elected means she has poor decision making skills. I feel the same way about women who have tattoos, smoke or use illicit substances. While I would still associate with them as necessary, I would not consider them someone to be attracted to as a potential mate.

I hope that clears it up for you. Yah, I am feeling salty today.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: crazyewok

You have made false assumptions. I don't vote for either party...they both suck. However, someone who actively supports Obama is an idiot (same with Bush).

The fact she went out of her way to help that clown get elected means she has poor decision making skills. I feel the same way about women who have tattoos, smoke or use illicit substances. While I would still associate with them as necessary, I would not consider them someone to be attracted to as a potential mate.

I hope that clears it up for you. Yah, I am feeling salty today.

Fair enough.

I would call them naive or idiots on matters of politics.

But i would not hokd that personaly against them on other matters.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What she meant to say:

"When the news has become tabloid, you can expect standards of integrity to have eroded like this".

THAT is why the statement was edited for quote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join