It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your actions are more important than your beliefs (Matthew 5:9)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: arpgme

You wont know what love is once hate is gone.

This is a common misconception about love and non-duality. The opposite of hate is not love because hate is a conditional emotion that is the body-mind contracting into a very uptight state. Conventional "love" is another emotional state of feeling or expansiveness into relationship, so in that sense, is the opposite of hate (and is certainly a far better disposition than hate).

But real Love is Absolute Feeling, beyond all such emotional conditions. Real love is not separate from anything arising but is also prior to all arising. It is the very Divine or Reality itself, free of all the limitations of appearances, and yet all appearances arise as modifications of that one non-separate Reality.
edit on 3/5/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

The opposite of hate is not love because hate is a conditional emotion that is the body-mind contracting into a very uptight state.

Never said it was, its my impression that is what the OP views as opposites, in my opinion fear and love are polar opposites.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Hmmmmm

I always thought of Apathy as being the opposite of love. Perhaps the model is too simple, and is, in reality, a complicated geometrical structure.
edit on 5-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Never said it was, its my impression that is what the OP views as opposites, in my opinion fear and love are polar opposites.

You implied it when you said that "You wont know what love is once hate is gone."

Regardless, you linked love and hate in some kind of dependency relationship.

Given you are saying "fear and love are polar opposites" my same argument applies.

edit on 3/5/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So non-duality is about "wiping out all things"... "there is nothing"...

So it's anti-existence. No God (Light/Life) but not even a devil either (darkness/destruction).

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You implied it when you said that "You wont know what love is once hate is gone."

Yes because I was replying to the OP and like I said in the post you just replied to

its my impression that is what the OP views as opposites, hence the way I worded what I said, If my impressions are wrong then I am wrong about OP seeing love and hate as being opposites.

Regardless, you linked love and hate in some kind of dependency relationship.

Well now I hope you understand why.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

So non-duality is about "wiping out all things"... "there is nothing"...

No its not about.....

That what it does in my opinion, it wipes away what the light has shown us and what the darkness tempts us with to use your belief in those terms.

Yes in oneness everything goes back to the one source that in my opinion is the void, nothingness, darkness but not the darkness that you think of in dualistic terms.

In reality light helps us see better, we have better vision when there is light and in darkness its harder to see due to that lack of light, so sometimes you wont see what there in the dark and think there is nothing, when the lights shines so you can see you will see there is something there.

Whats 'there' is what you could consider as good or bad, dangerous or safe.

However the darkness or light don't make it so.

I call the source of all things darkness because the oneness like I said is the void, which would or could only be described as being dark, if there is still individuality once we go back to the source we loose it and become one with the darkness.

If its light, we would still see our individuality and couldn't become one with everything which is God in my eyes.

So it's anti-existence. No God (Light/Life) but not even a devil either (darkness/destruction).

God is everything,

if you cant understand that simple concept, stop talking about duality and non duality and how my beliefs are dangerous or what not, you just sound foolish.

Yes in your opinion I believe there is No God because your God is the light and your devil is the darkness.

My god goes way beyond that, My god is the creator of everything humanity has conceived and understood to be reality, everything they ever will conceive and understand about reality and more so that words just can give to justice to, My God is everything is the only way to simplify it yet you that as No God or think that's what I mean.

However your opinion has only started replying to me in the last month or so because of one post that I think really got your mind rushing. For a few years you hardly reply to my posts in your threads and when I tell you what I have seen and come to understand from reading things you have posted over the years and how confused you are in my eyes you need to reply to every post of mine to tell me how dangerous my beliefs are in one way or another,

even though you don't understand my beliefs which is evident from the reply you just gave.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

imo there can't really be a duality, implying 50/50

it's not really observed in nature nor the celestial bodies.

more like a 75/25

the light always shines in the darkness, and darkness comprehends it not.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Amen to the op.
You know it wouldn't surprise me that when I get into heaven there are more non religious folk than religious.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Amen to the op.
You know it wouldn't surprise me that when I get into heaven there are more non religious folk than religious.

man I just hope they let me practice Heavy Metal there?

like this religious (christian) heavy metal band...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

imo there can't really be a duality, implying 50/50

it's not really observed in nature nor the celestial bodies.

Well duality is just a concept to label a reality where opposites and anything inbetween are available to understand,

Yes in reality its more chaotic than ordered and 50/50 if ratios or percentages are being spoken about only means half this and half that.

Yes there are many things that we can halve however reality is much more diverse and chaotic to say anything is a steady state of 50/50 other than what is.

That is what duality could be seen as, change, action and reaction, reaction creates an action which in term creates a reaction and so on and so forth, sometimes it has order other times its chaotic and hard to grasp. One example that many people say or ask is why is there so much pain and suffering in the world, why doesn't God stop it.

When I see that all I see is a person speaking like they can see everything what happens in the world all at once which is delusional or them being manipulated by what they see and read or are basing their question/opinion on their own little world and what is happening to the environment they inhabit, imposing what is in their lives to being real all over the world. So when I see that I see a lost soul not someone that can actually see the bad happening all over other wise they should be able to see the good, but its the bad they focus on and ask why about.

I know that bad stuff happens however just as much as bad happens there is quite a bit good that goes hidden or isn't advertised as much as the bad.

Quite a bit happiness and new life and new understanding happening, like you said 75/25 yes more negative might be and is happening because its easy to be negative where is its a hard to be positive, its easier to break than to create, In my opinion to keep a balance it could even be a worse ratio, that is why it pains me when many try and shine the light on things when they don't even know how the torch they think they are shining works or how the light can burn if something already has enough light shining on it, every action has a reaction and that is our test here on earth, to make the choices and find our place hoping those choices don't impose too much on anothers free will.

The power of positive nature only needs 1% existence and it can overcome the 99% negative in my opinion, the media seems to pointing to a high percentage of negative compared to a small percentage of positive, but that in my opinion is to breed fear, the more fear the easier it is manipulate ones beliefs which in turn can manipulates actions.

I don't think how the medias portray the world its a clear sight of the real ratio of positive to negative that humanity faces at any one given moment, but is done so to heighten fear.

the light always shines in the darkness, and darkness comprehends it not.

Depending on what one believes and how they understand the terms as being concepts or metaphors for other things.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

"

The power of positive nature only needs 1% existence and it can overcome the 99% negative in my opinion, the media seems to pointing to a high percentage of negative compared to a small percentage of positive, but that in my opinion is to breed fear, the more fear the easier it is manipulate ones beliefs which in turn can manipulates actions. "

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe, I wasn't explaining myself clearly or something. They are trying to get people to stay in negativity and accept it instead of staying focused on loving compassionate behavior to make positive changes so something can actually be done about the negativity rather than just accepting it (indifference). Then when people see how their behavior caused others to suffer they regret not moving from indifference to that positive loving creative supportive behavior.

I agree with you on fear, too. Beliefs and emotions come first then action. If a person is living in fear then they will be limited from living their joy and put walls up from loving people which can lead to hating others and fighting and wars. For example, a person wants to travel the world but believes the Earth is flat; or a person is friendly with another until they hear rumours about them which may not even be true, so now they fear the rumours and it affects the friendship.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
In as much as, it is your actions (predominantly) that indicate your beliefs - they would seem to be inextricably linked, in most instances.

Å99

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
In as much as, it is your actions (predominantly) that indicate your beliefs - they would seem to be inextricably linked, in most instances.

So are your actions toward the 'positive' growth' (praying for God to show itself and FIX everything) or negative (engaging as a group in the nail clipping away of a of system that seems stagnant). Are you (is one) attempting to cause change by ones beliefs or defining oneself by the action? I don't see a difference. Action=Belief=Action; you are correct (ding ding).
edit on 10-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join