It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your actions are more important than your beliefs (Matthew 5:9)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't believe in dogma, and practicing religion is not everyone.

Friends of mine who proclaim to be staunch atheists even, really shine through the efforts they put forward practicing the greater good. For me this is a paradox of sorts, how they can be such good examples without adhering to a religion of some kind. Most I'd describe as weak atheists, but hell virtue never stands alone. Purity of heart doesn't show bias. Sometimes I even wonder if they see the same good in themselves that others see in them.

I wish I could share more about faith with these types. I get the impression that modern culture often looks primarily at the exoteric face of religion, and that mystery is dead. Religions conceal mystery, and can be useful for self healing. I feel a minor sense disappointment when I hit a barrier trying to help these friends emotionally. I respect them as best I can and keep an eye out for experiences or stories to share that get the message across.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Religion doesn't evoke morals. Humanity does. Religion got these ideas somewhere. It's simply knowing what's right and wrong. We don't need religion to tell us these things. Knowing that hurting others is wrong comes from the fact that we're human beings, and as such, we have empathy and compassion. Whether we choose to live up to these morals is up to each individual, religious or not.

I like what you are saying here relative to our humanity being the basis for our morality. What is that understanding actually based in though? Isn't it our actual recognition that we are not separate from one another, but all of us are arising in indivisible reality itself?

When we recognize our indivisible unity, then we have discovered true morality and also the basis for true religion. This is what Jesus was saying with his two great commandments to love God (reality) and one's neighbors as oneself (non-separate from one another).

Such a discovery evokes real morality because love is inherent in reality itself. We all arise in that same reality, we are ultimately all connected through, and as love, when we discover this truth. Until then, religion does not work because just believing is not going to cut it.

We must deeply recognize our actual situation and allow reality to infill us and guide us with truth. In that process we discover inherent morality, and ultimately are transformed by reality - then we are truly religious.

edit on 2/28/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

No disrespect intended, Roth1, but you don't spend a great deal of time with children do you? Children, or at least the children I have encountered in my life seem hardwired to believe fairy tales, magic, and of course have faith in a deity. Faith is such a powerful emotion to have. It takes something great to take it away from a child and something great to give to an adult. Not to mention children don't stop asking because you say "I don't know." They keep asking that ultimate question of why. It takes to pre-teen years to get them up to the point to decide if they truely believe or not.

As I said, I waver on if there is a deity out there myself, so to say to a children I encounter, I don't know solves nothing, especially when you are trying to teach morals. Sometimes the answer of God or Santa Clause is an answer they can wrap around their heads, gets the idea across, and the job done until they are old enough to reason it out themselves.

If they decide the don't believe if God in the future, I won't throw a fit or try to convince them otherwise but while they are young, and want to believe in God and Magic, who am I to deny them?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silenceisalie
As I said, I waver on if there is a deity out there myself, so to say to a children I encounter, I don't know solves nothing, especially when you are trying to teach morals. Sometimes the answer of God or Santa Clause is an answer they can wrap around their heads, gets the idea across, and the job done until they are old enough to reason it out themselves.

If they decide the don't believe if God in the future, I won't throw a fit or try to convince them otherwise but while they are young, and want to believe in God and Magic, who am I to deny them?

Teach them there is nothing more fundamental than their being awareness - that no matter what happens the only "thing" that never changes is awareness or their fundamental being itself.

Awareness never ages, it is the same when you are 5 as when you are 65. Even when you die, awareness does not die. It is beyond birth and death. This relieves much fear and anxiety in someone who considers this and discovers it is true.

As you say, children are much more receptive to new ideas, etc., so how about some wisdom their hearts can intuit to be already the case, instead of only things to believe and later doubt or have taken away from them? I sure wish my parents had talked to me about this as a child.
edit on 2/28/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Evidence of a true biblical scholar. Forming an entire doctrine on the basis of one verse....lazy, go read the Bible as a whole and let interpret itself. You might learn something.

If you would finish reading that Chapter you might realize the standard Jesus sets for us is impossible to achieve as even thoughts are sins. You might also want to cross reference John 15 in which Jesus tells us that he is the vine and we are the branches and apart from him we can do nothing. The Bible tells us that all of our righteous acts are as filthy rags before God apart from the grace of Christ.

There is simplicity in Christ. You act as thought those of us who believe in salvation by Grace through trust in Christ go around doing whatever we want simply because we know we will be forgiven. While I am sure there are some people who do that, it would be a false dilemma to pretend that we all act that way and think that way.
edit on 1-3-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

That's not true. The end of the chapter (5:48) says:

"
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Laziness is people making up excuses to not improve themselves.
edit on 1-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is not hardwired. It is indoctrination. As a kid i asked questions about such things. I was always curious. When i could not get a straight answer. Because i said so was the answer. Unacceptable. You want your kid to respect you answer question and be honest. Lies do not earn you respect. When they learn you lie about Santa Claus to control their behavior. Don't you think the question what else you lie about to control them? Trust is broken. Try and get them to listen or respect you then. It is just manipulative lies. a reply to: Silenceisalie

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Not those who wish to hurt others and pray for forgiveness but those who actually practice keeping peace with others instead of violence and trouble.

Mistakes will happen. Lessons can be learned from past actions but it's important to stay on The Path and continue growing in Love and Peace

Saying "I can just ask for forgiveness"
"there is no free will"
or
"everything even evil is one with God"

will not help you improve and grow in the Spirit but seeing Peace as good and living through Peace as much as possible is assured to keep you close with God The Highest.

So if one believes everything is a part of God they cannot be practicing in keeping the peace with others but instead are of a violent nature?

Is God not the creator?

Is there a higher creator as you have said there is duality and God is the good side of that duality in another thread?

You sound really confusing, You say God the highest but limit him as a being that succumbs to one side of the dualistic reality humans experience.

Is God the highest and the creator of the experience we experience or one side of it and there is a higher creator?

If so God is neither good or evil just as much as God is both, God is everything. If you see that as saying God is evil then it is you that has evil on your mind, assuming another that has different beliefs that are much wider in spectrum than yours are limiting God to being evil, No, God is everything. If you believe in evil then evil is a part of God through your belief of the evils you think of. And your thoughts on others believing 'God is all' is similar to believing God is a rapist are simply in your head not other peoples until they read your thoughts that you post.

Those that limit God and feel the need to repeatedly say anyone with a belief that differs from yours cannot be a peace keeper are the ones that wish to hurt or cause trouble to the others with different beliefs.

I respect you want good (most people do) but when you say other beliefs such as 'God is all' is incorrect, it shines a light on who you really are, one that need confirmation that they are good.

Your actions, repeating the same thing in numerous threads that other beliefs just don't cut it is one of a trouble maker.

Is it a mistake on your part or do you pray for forgiveness when ever you say another is incorrect in what they believe so you can post another thread saying the same thing?

Personal beliefs in such things are not incorrect even though they might differ from yours.

Your personal beliefs are all one has that cannot be taken from them, stop saying whats right and wrong in others and focus on yourself.

If you want to share your guilt on what ever it is for then share it, stop trying to put similar beliefs that have a more round edging instead of straight line separating Good and evil down and accept them.

Since you are so fond of quoting scripture,

here are 3 to read

1 Corinthians 12:6

1 Corinthians 8:6

Romans 11:36

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Your problem is you look at these atheists that are good people as people who are missing something in their lives. If they are happy, content, and good people, they aren't missing out on anything. It sounds to me like they have everything they need (not necessarily want) and that is all that matters.

Like I said, if worship isn't required to get into heaven, what's the point of having religion? These people in your story are clearly examples of how religion isn't needed to be a good person and happy. You are projecting a loss on them so that you can justify your religion when no loss exists as they are fine without it.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The friends of mine, I mentioned show a deep level of self realization. The reason behind me mentioning a minor sense of loss trying to help them in some situations, is because I recognize that theists ( of various sorts) often share a different mode of perception that can be easier for me to relate to. That's no big deal though, through constructive action everyone meets on the each other on the same page.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Agreed. Your principles count for nothing if you don't act on them or...act against them.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Those verses you quoted are all Paul, not Jesus.

Duality is Truth because God is The Life and God has given us the choice to choose the path of Life or death, so no not everything is God. Teaching that is approving of any kind of behavior so that is a dangerous belief to hold.
edit on 2-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Duality is Truth because God is The Life and God has given us the choice to choose the path of Life or death, so no not everything is God.

only two paths, another limit you seem to impose on God and really don't understand why you say "no not everything is God", what you said prior to that about duality means what? that Duality is a higher creator than the God you speak about?

Teaching that is approving of any kind of behavior so that is a dangerous belief to hold.

I don't teach anything but do hold a belief that the universe is another description for God and God is everything,

What is so dangerous about my belief?

I don't approve of any kind of behavior, I have my own and judge my own behavior and feel sad or happy for how other behave, I don't judge anyone unless I have God like knowing of the others life which I don't for anyone other than myself.

You seem to have amazing knowledge to be able to judge anothers belief or just a lust for being able Judge another as God might do.

On the grand scale of things what you think is wrong is evil might be Gods will to create something to steer life in another direction, to guide humanity in a more positive nature, not force or tell but test and see how humanity or individuals take on those tests. But you limit god to being one dimensional and truth being duality which means there is a higher God than the one dimensional one you speak of.

However you seem to only see a minor scale of things that books and the internet dictate to you,

Experience life or judge it, its your choice that God gave to you.

Those verses you quoted are all Paul, not Jesus.

They could be Jack or Jill for all I care,

You cherry pick and misinterpret anything and everything that suites your idea of right and wrong so you can judge others and make yourself feel righteous.

Like I said, I am happy and sad with certain behaviours of others, Yours are just sad

edit on 3-3-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So you believe everything is God but don't approve of every behavior. That would mean that you are judging GOD (if your beliefs are true) ; but I believe God is only good holy and perfect so those who disagree are confuses
d by darkness the father of all lies and destruction which wants them to believe in it ...

And no, the darkness is not equally powerful to God it is a lower energy FALLEN from God The Highest. Duality is true but God is stronger just like one candle can get rid of a lot of darkness in a room but the darkness wants to deceive and trap as many souls as possible through its LIES.

I can't wait until God's LIGHT fully take over but those who thought neutrality and "God is all" beliefs were cool will feel ASHAMED of how much darkness their LUKEWARM indifferent attitudes created and how it was just a deception for darkness against Light to gain acceptance.

I had this false belief before and I know how it causes people not to actively live through Love and Light (God's Holy Spirit) but pacifies everyone to think "all is well" while darkness takes over.

God's law is to love one another - compassion not to approve of pain and suffering by claiming "everything is God".

Non-duality is the perfect belief system for people to accept the devil (evil).

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So you believe everything is God but don't approve of every behavior.

don't approve as in myself not behaving in such a way.

What others do and think is not for me to judge, I fail that test and do make judgement, I am no saint and no where near perfect.

That would mean that you are judging GOD (if your beliefs are true)

If I could Judge God or a God I would be one.

; but I believe God is only good holy and perfect so those who disagree are confuses
d by darkness the father of all lies and destruction which wants them to believe in it ...

I don't disagree, I just have larger picture of God.

If someone disagrees with your beliefs why must they be confused, have you ever asked yourself if it is not you that is confused and might not know that what you are preaching is part of the darkness of separation instead of the light of unity.

And no, the darkness is not equally powerful to God it is a lower energy FALLEN from God The Highest.

And no to what?

You just don't understand my beliefs so don't try to imply that darkness has power or is lower energy, that might be your belief but mine are darkness and light are parts of duality the the God of all created with a simple word.

Duality is true but God is stronger just like one candle can get rid of a lot of darkness in a room but the darkness wants to deceive and trap as many souls as possible through its LIES.

You see light as good and darkness as evil, I don't, they are separate concepts in my beliefs, if that is dangerous to believe then so be it.

Its only dangerous in your opinion what others believe, your opinion is only one grain of sand in the Sahara desert in my opinion which is the same as yours, just a grain of sand.

I can't wait until God's LIGHT fully take over but those who thought neutrality and "God is all" beliefs were cool will feel ASHAMED of how much darkness their LUKEWARM indifferent attitudes created and how it was just a deception for darkness against Light to gain acceptance.

I really do forgive you for wanting me and others with different beliefs to feel shame.

I pity you.

I had this false belief

Yes because you fall things like new ageism just as easy as fall for anything you feel the need to judge.

God's law is to love one another - compassion not to approve of pain and suffering by claiming "everything is God".

I approve of and suffering do I, No I had approval of such thing I would not allow them to happen.

You have a sick way of seeing things, and I am being deceived by darkness, NO I know what darkness is because I have experienced it.

I think you have experienced only glimpses of both light and darkness, but that is a stupid thought brought upon by your implying I approve of this and that.

Non-duality is the perfect belief system for people to accept the devil (evil).

Yes even though those concepts are born in duality.

Its getting much clearer the lust you have for judging others now.

Please stop your private parts if you wish not to expose yourself.
edit on 4-3-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So you believe everything is God but don't approve of every behavior. That would mean that you are judging GOD (if your beliefs are true) ; but I believe God is only good holy and perfect so those who disagree are confuses

I don't know where you Christians get the idea that the biblical God is only "good". That's certainly NOT supported in the Old Testament. I don't believe that it's claimed anywhere in the Bible. If so, please cite it, and accept my apologies.

The God of the Old Testament is a tortured individual full of frustration, jealously. repentance and wrath, and who is equally able to bestow blessings on the one's he capriciously chooses.

Likewise, the theology of "God is everything" embraces all facets of existence, including those that are not so filled with sprinkles and rainbows.

edit on 4-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think that some believe it to be two different gods which goes against some new testament verses as well as Jesus is supposed to be the son of the God of Abraham.

However Some will say that those writings are of Paul not of Jesus.

Don't worry if you don't understand the OP used that excuse when the one time I quoted some scripture in reply to them.

I didn't know there was a gospel of Jesus in the new testament.

I don't think there are many Christians like OP, well there are many like them that have their own interpretations and its funny how they attack each other for interpreting differently.

I believe in Christ and debate how OP interprets the book but I couldn't call myself a Christian by an means.

I was baptized as a child and know some of the official prayers however I don't like labeling my beliefs, I don't like labeling my nationality or anything really, I just have to to communicate with others in an understandable fashion.

If anything I am just human.

All the other labels cause division and debate which leads other things I don't really want

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm not judging you. I didn't claim you were a evil person or you have done great harm because of your belief system. I'm simply exposing the belief system because If all is God as this belief system says then even the most violent and destructive is God. Sure, you may say you don't approve of such destructive behavior as psychopaths for example but the belief itself leads to the conclusion that it's ok since everything is God so it is a very dangerous belief to have.

You said such beliefs as evil is born in duality but non-duality includes all things even what people call "evil". So, yes even the devil and all spirits we consider evil would be ok in non-duality beliefs including the anti-christ.

I am not "attacking" you. I'm exposing a dangerous belief system so that hopefully people aren't deceived by it to accept cruel behavior

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Your actions are more important than your beliefs

I fully agree with that. Some folks good actions come from their religious beliefs. Some folks good actions come from their own heart and are just naturally a part of them. etc etc However they come about, I fully agree that actions are more important than beliefs.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Sure, you may say you don't approve of such destructive behavior as psychopaths for example but the belief itself leads to the conclusion that it's ok since everything is God so it is a very dangerous belief to have.

Its not OK, its reality.

You talk about duality but your ideas are to destroy the dualistic principles and just have love.

You wont know what love is once hate is gone.

I am not "attacking" you.

Great, just saying that my beliefs are part of some dangerous system to accept cruel behavior.

Got it.

You said such beliefs as evil is born in duality but non-duality includes all things even what people call "evil"

No non duality wipes out all things, there is no evil and no good in oneness, there is nothing.

No danger and no rewards.

You say you once had these beliefs however I believe you don't understand what Oneness or Non duality is, you might have your own interpretation of it and make it bad, however it differs from my interpretation where it isn't bad or good, just back to before creation happened, the void.

I'm not judging you. I didn't claim you were a evil person or you have done great harm because of your belief system. I'm simply exposing the belief system because If all is God as this belief system says then even the most violent and destructive is God.

I never said you did either, however what you did say is a belief such as mine is dangerous and leads to and approves of.......

God created everything and gave life free will, those that choose to be or do bad is up to them not God,

Everything came from God, if its biblical, the angels he created rebelled but all is from God, God is everything and nothing, the beginning and the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join