It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It only became a realisation once I'd converted...

Hmmmm, that's an interesting statement, some would say you actually mean indoctrianated.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Would they really?

And whom may they hypothesise I was indoctrinated by?

Myself?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Good reply Charlie.

Keep showing the moderate side of Islam and you will change more hearts. Star for you.

Not sure about your comment on Zionists though, seems rather sweeping, but it is certainly true that there is a lack of respect and a lot of hate in Israel for their neighbors. If they would stop taking land and treating Palestine like complete crap, it would get better I'm sure - just my half ass opinion, I haven't studied their problems and I never supported either side's dirty tricks and violence.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Thanks Michigan...

It does seem just as much a generalisation as I was trying to denounce...

Personally, I'm only going by interactive experience with Zionists online...
Not just Israelis, but from across the Globe...

Just the other day, I mentioned that the IDF are cannon fodder for the Zionist' agenda...

Within minutes someone from America said I should be dead...
Followed by someone in the Phillipines saying the same thing...

I know we shouldn't really put too much into what we come across online, but this hatred, that even I've had directed towards me, is so prevalent that it's hards to deny a correlation of this ideology among the masses.

(post by TinfoilTP removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Would they really?

Myself?

By the warlord pedophile who created the blueprint which was used to indoctrinate you.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Pleasant? No.

False? Yes.

Expected? Most certainly!

Pathetic response...

Btw, he was saying indoctrinated into believing Zionists want Muslims dead...

Not indoctrinated into converting...

Reading comprehension fail? Yes.

Unnecassary confrontational attitude? Yes.

Islamophobia? Most certainly.

I know who is brainwashed here...
Look in the mirror and you'll figure it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: plube

A prominent American blogger of Bangladeshi origin was hacked to death with machetes by unidentified assailants in Dhaka, police said, with the atheist writer’s family claiming he had received numerous threats from Islamists.

NOW THE ATHEISTS

Now does this concern me an avid atheist poster...A person whom thinks all religions should be kept amongst the religious and within their religious groups not to be inflicted upon myself through force or intimidation

Bring it on you zealots...but to me this is not the issue...to me the greater question really is what is the real story here...and why the twist..are they (the MSM) trying to get atheists to hate the muslims and islam too...well..guess what...not going to work.as an atheist i see past the MSM guise and what they are trying to promote.
This is yet more propaganda being flushed into the system.
All this hatred being promoted and propaganda is being done for the exact reason mentioned...to get everyone to hate islam...the powers that be are worried about atheists as we believe in humanity...we cant be bought through zealots or religion and we present a problem for them.
I have stated this in other postings...the hardest people to get on board with what they are trying to do is atheism.. We atheists will be the ones to bring down the whole show as the powers that be try to instill their new global false religion...When the charade goes global it will be the atheists that show the lies these Zionist scum are trying to bring upon us all.

Remember...Zionism is not a religion...it is a political movement....see it for what it is.

I'm sure he deserved it, he shouldn't have insulted Islam by encouraging free speech!

Religion of Peace.

Islam has a long tradition of tolerance!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Pleasant? No.

False? Yes.

Expected? Most certainly!

Pathetic response...

Btw, he was saying indoctrinated into believing Zionists want Muslims dead...

Not indoctrinated into converting...

Reading comprehension fail? Yes.

Unnecassary confrontational attitude? Yes.

Islamophobia? Most certainly.

I know who is brainwashed here...
Look in the mirror and you'll figure it out.

Kneejerk defense of warlord pedophile? Check

Expected? Check

Indoctrination still securely in place? Check

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Would they really?

Myself?

That's not for me to say. You didn't have an opinion, you converted to a religion and now you do. It's hardly breaking news to think that moving to that religion implied you were told how evil the 'Zionists' are is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You have no proof of any such claim!

Hence the knee-jerk indoctrination lies with yourself.

Which is a shame, because you're usually more intelligent than to rely on unsubstantiated foolishness...

I can only deduce that your hatred of Islam comes from a personal experience you lay at the feet of all Muslims.

Sad.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No one has told me anything, as I said above, it's my own personal interactions with many Zionists I used to correlate such an outcome.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How does that make Islam singularly perverse among Abrahamic religions?

- Cain apparently had children by his sister after being exiled.
- Noah got drunk one night and while passed out was sodomized by his son Ham.
- Abraham was a polygamist whose first wife (Sarah) was his half-sister. She's the one who commanded him to send one of his other wives (Hagar) and their child (Ishmael) into the wilderness to fend for themselves.

- Moses was the offspring of Amram and Jochebed. Jochebed was not only Amram's wife, but also his aunt (his father's sister). That means Moses was his own first cousin, once removed.

- Judah mistook his daughter-in-law for a prostitute and offered her a goat for a roll in the hay. This led to the birth of Pharez and Zarah.

- Lot had children by his two daughters who plied him with wine while they were living in a cave after fleeing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. One of those children was Moab, progenitor of the Moabites. King David's great-grandmother was Ruth, a Moabite princess.
edit on 2015-2-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No one has told me anything, as I said above, it's my own personal interactions with many Zionists I used to correlate such an outcome.

My response was to your comments...

"It only became a realisation once I'd converted...
Prior to that I would be defensive of Zionism in certain aspects of their ideology..."

If we assume Zionism is about the establishment of a Jewish state in Israel (that is how the word was defined on its invention), what the fudge has that got to do with a secular blogger being stabbed to death in Bangladesh?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The point of this thread aside from the barbaric murder is about a Zionist media agenda...

So it has everything to do with this topic.

Aside from that, you took my original point out of context and assumed that I had been coerced into an untoward feeling of Zionism...

I have readily stated it was my experiences prior to conversion, and after the fact that was an easy determination of how utterly revolting the Zionist vitriol towards Muslims is...

& it's not a far cry to wonder if the whole "push the Muslim" angle with every single attack or whatever happens that's "out of line" is being used to mould a mindset among the people that Islam is the enemy...

Now to what endgame would that be the case?

Pardon me for expecting the worst, but the Jews refused to do so when it happened to them...
& the World saw the most heinous extermination attempt in human history...

Never again... Even to Muslims!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: plube

American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh page: 1

You see its already begun. Just one day after the FCC ruling.

Kidding sorry couldn't resist and I feel for that man and his family, no disrespect intended.

I have stated this in other postings...the hardest people to get on board with what they are trying to do is atheism

Actually , I would think it would be Agnostic people. They aren't afraid to admit they don't have enough data to answer the question and don't feel the need to go on their gut feelings (faith) to make up an answer.

edit on 04228America/ChicagoFri, 27 Feb 2015 12:04:07 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The point of this thread aside from the barbaric murder is about a Zionist media agenda...

So it has everything to do with this topic.

No, the OP made the link between the two, are you saying they actually are related and a secular blogger who was hacked to death in Bangladesh was the result of some scheming Zionist activity, or by a religious hardcore group (allegedly) who were doing so in their warped version of the name of Islam? If you believe it's the former, then I'd have to question what agenda you are really following. If you believe it's the latter (as I do, and I really mean the warped piece, I don't for a second believe the majority of followers of Islam would defend such action) then I'm not sure why you are continuing to support the OPs statement. Is IS the Islam equivalent of Zionism? You could argue yes, you could argue any Islamic nation is pursuing exactly the same goal as that defined against Zionism, just swap the religion.........................

As it happened, in the post you were responding to, I responded to what you had actually written, if that isn't what you meant, then apologies, it's tricky when all you can see is what people write.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I understand that text speak can lead us to a conclusion that was never intended...
I've done it myself.

Basically, we are talking about the narrative direction the Zionist media decide to take in a bid to mould the mind of viewers/readers...

No one has implied that Zionists funded or aided in this attack!

Im sticking up for the OP because it seems nobody comprehended what they actually said.

People jumped straight to the conclusion that Jews did it and said they were Muslims...

A resounding no to that...

The OPs point was that Zionist media have an agenda to push the Islamophobic narrative into the psyche of the public...

The term "Islamist" for example...
I'm an Islamist, so I've already by default been labelled with this attack...

Terrorist, Religious Fanatic, Fundamentalist Zealot, etc all do a job of separating Muslims in general, from "Muslims" who do these things...

So what is the purpose of the media, if all they seem to do is spread hatred in everything they report...

If there is a cop killing, broad brush and victimisation are the narrative...
If there is a terror attack, broad brush a victimisation are the narrative...

And that's where the example ends... Honestly...

No other groups get lumped together in any type of attack...
And in some cases attacks get no media recognition whatsoever...

So the agenda is clear...

They want an us vs them...

Cops vs community...
Muslims vs non-believers...
Black vs White...
Religious vs LGBT...

This doesn't just apply to the OP...
He picked an example...

I'm just surprised a site a smart as ATS found this so hard to understand.

From the OP...
"are they (the MSM) trying to get atheists to hate the muslims and islam"

How did that get twisted into "the OP is saying that Zionists did it"???

Unreal.
edit on 1-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think maybe the OP was a little less focused in his point, but you've done a nice job of clarification.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: plube
a reply to: arpgme

thank you for that....as an atheist i am all for peace...care not about recognition for it or not...the world is going to hell in a hand basket extremely quickly right now.

We are not beneath or above any one other individual.....so very well stated my friend

I tend to get along with all people...and everyone is entitled to their thoughts and beliefs...but as humans we need to understand that we are all equal....from the pope down to the who washes his flippin feet.

this fella is interesting...he is doing a synopsis of the book 51 documents...i found it quite interesting.

as i say....this thread is about how the media and education of people is being persuaded and manipulated by mass MSM .

be good and lets stop the hate being promoted by the MSM.

I could care less what religion a person is, or isn't for that matter. You get along with me, I'll get along with you. That's my philosophy. I'm Christian BTW who was married to an atheist for 18 1/2 years until he cheated on me. I saw that as a personality flaw, not a religious one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join