It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War for the Mind.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well you know, we pretty much are a 'clean slate' when we come out of the womb. We may have our own thoughts and questions but they quickly become programmed to thoughts and questions that we as children think the adults want us to think; thus the programming is effective, since it starts at such a young age. Now, I don't know about you, but when I was told to think a certain way or believe a certain thing, I really didn't believe it until I thought that I had enough information to make my own decision. But, I do know that in certain countries, the way their societies are structured (Religious run governments) prevents people from having free thoughts because they enforce extremely strict and closed minded laws and policies. So, for many people, thinking for themselves could quite literally get them killed or cause them or their families unnecessary troubles and pain. I do agree though, that this needs to change for humanity if we are to honestly move forward as a species.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Perhaps you're right. I got inspired to write this after talking to Midwest conservatives.

But it's not bad for all of us to be reminded. Because we all can continue to strip away "their" layers. We get their layers sometimes without knowing it.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I work with the public. If a customer asks me if I watch this or that show on TV and I say I don't watch tv they look at me like I'm nuts. This is fairly common, too. Especially if someone starts jabbering about sports. I watch no sports or TV. Frankly, it's a little scary people are so automated they assume everyone watches tv and when someone says they don't they think they're "weird."
I'd imagine if I tell them I go home and read they'll pull out large knives and wave them in front of their teeth, like I'm a threat.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You take things very personal. If you cannot extrapolate the fact that I was referencing the majority of the world from my post, then I digress.

I mean, did you think I was also talking about myself, or was I talking about everyone but me? Big picture is nice, you should check it out sometime.

And your reports of beheading are conjecture.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Develo
It's not so much a war for the minds as a race for consciousness.

Not so long ago, mankind's level of consciousness was lower and humans relied more on instinct. It's not because you are ahead of the pack that the others are failing somewhere. They just go at their own pace.

Not everyone is born beautiful, not everyone is born smart, not everyone is born with a great consciousness, self-awareness and critical sense.

These things can be taught but only up to a point.

Complaining that mankind is mainly doing things out of habit and herd mentality is complaining about how evolution made us what we are.

Absolutely. That's exactly right.

I make this point all the time when I'm debating.

100 years ago America publically lynched blacks and hung them. We didn't give women any rights. Gays were persecuted. Yet, did we need another country coming to America and straightening us out?

No! There is an evolution to consciousness. We need to allow others their ample time to become aware that things need to change. Everyone evolves at their own pace.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I have a similar experience. I also worked with the public and have zero interest in sports, but was often considered a weirdo for having no interest or knowledge on the subject. The sports industry is one of my biggest complaints about our society. People use it as an excuse to become violent or hateful and it's a colossal waste of money.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

And your reports of beheading are conjecture.

Incomplete bodies to go with the incomplete information perhaps .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The mind needs a starting point. It needs to learn ideas as much as it needs to learn language to communicate with others.

The important part is to question those ideas to see if they're actually compassionate or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

You are 100% right.

And the 'ego' is a fictional construct with limited usability.

Welcome to being a one-eyed man in the world of the blind.

Try not to suffer due to your fate.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join