It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War for the Mind.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Allow me to rant, please.

Most people are not in control of the way they think, they just think they are.

In this world, You do not get to choose what matters anymore because it is already chosen for you.

Most humans on earth are programmed robots that are completely unaware that they are not in control of the way they think. You can not tell this to them because they don't have enough honest data within them to scale against. Therefore they are prisoners to a programmed perspective.

Proof.

1. Racism is taught. Children are not prejudice to color.

Example... There are countless examples of children befriending other children of other races. I see it every day in my daughters preschool. Now if one of those parents started conditioning their children to hate the other child because the color of their skin, eventually it would happen to some degree.

2. Religion is cultural. Where you were born is how you were indoctrinated. Within that religious conditioning you were taught the absolutes of the faith. And you were taught that those outside your religion are wrong.

Example... If you were born in Iran, you would be a Muslim right now seeing the western world going to war against your countries and religion. And you would probably pick up a gun and try to fight for your family to push western nations out of your land, all while being called terrorist when you actually consider yourself a freedom fighter.

Moreover, most people go to church to listen to how another man interprets scripture. Just like Muslims listen to clerics interpret hadiths. Your mind is constantly being shaped by other people.

3. Your political party is passed down to you. How many of you are the same political party as your parents?

Example... If you were born into a republican family, you may hate on Obama, think he's a Muslim, and doubt his allegiance to America. On the other hand, if you were born into a democratic home, you may hate on bush, see him for a war mongering idiot who took our country into a recession. But the truth is, they are both working for the same people but putting on a dramatic show so that the American people will continue being seduced by the two party system drama.

4. 95% of all media is owned by the same 5 people or corporations. Those corporation pick and choose the stories that you are told, the way the story is told, and how you are supposed to react.

Example. We all are told that Islamic extremist are bad, but our ally, Saudi Arabia beheads more people than Isis, stones women to death, executes homosexuals, forbids women to drive, and requires three different witnesses to confirm rape, all while funding terror organizations we are supposed to hate. Now, what if the media constantly showed stories about Saudi Arabia stoning women, do you think public perception would change? Of course.

I've often tried to have debates with people but they don't know facts. They resort to saying things like, "I bet it's this way" or "I'm sure this or that". If you truly look at history objectively, the truth is there for you to see. The world is at war for you minds and the war has almost been won.

The craziest thing about it is that our ego prevents us from wanting to be wrong, from wanting to think that the mental path they've paved has all been part of the trickery. Just like people inherently don't like change, they like to be wrong even less. So I already know that most people will read this and deny the truth.

But what most won't do is sit down and objectively learn and consider that facts. Those facts point to the reality that you are not in control of what you continue to believe in. There is a war for our minds and they are winning.

There are obviously differently levels of people that have broke away from this robotic cycle and are starting to pave their own paths. But this is where the cliche "ignorance is bliss" takes on a whole new meaning. You now see the devil in the details. And it's scary.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
People are naturally idea consumers. We pick someone else's point of view and then claim it as our own. Very few people have their own original thoughts.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm not racist, religious, nor do I agree with my parents' political views. What does that make me?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Darksea13

Disconnected to a certain degree. Bravo.

Now it's up to you to see how much you can be perfected.

AAC.

edit on 27-2-2015 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Saudi Arabia beheads more people than Isis

Sorry to pick out one part of one sentence . But REALLY .

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Isis has done that before breakfast on some days .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Star and flag. There is a funny old way in which the mind works, where we are constantly interacting with the information we take in and often compromise its meaning without even realizing that we are doing it. How often have you told someone something and heard them, less than an hour later retell the story, but with crucial elements changed according to how they interpreted it? I've also read that witnesses to a crime can and often do 'contaminate' each other's stories, making them in effect useless as evidence. And there is such a thing as a social truth, i.e. accepting the validity of information simply because all the people around you believe it to be true.

Btw, some interesting observations about culture and environment in the following opinion piece.
Practicing Islam in Short Shorts

However, I am a practicing Muslim. I pray (sometimes), fast, recite the travel supplication before I start my car's engine, pay my zakkah (an annual charitable practice that is obligatory for all that can afford it) and, most importantly, I feel very Muslim. There are many like me. We don't believe in a monolithic practice of Islam. We love Islam, and because we love it so much we refuse to reduce it to an inflexible and fossilized way of life. Yet we still don't fit anywhere. We're more comfortable passing for non-Muslims, if it saves us from one or more of the following: unsolicited warnings about the kind punishment that awaits us in hell, unwelcomed advice from a stranger that starts with "I am like your [insert relative]," or an impromptu lecture, straight out of a Wahhabi textbook I thought was nonsense at age 13.

Islamic studies was part of my formal education until I graduated from high school in the United States. The textbooks we used were from Saudi Arabia, which is the biggest follower of the Wahhabi sect of Islam. The first time I realized it was okay to verbalize how nonsensical these books were was when I was watching a movie with my mother about a family that lost one of their children due to a terminal disease. I must have been 6 or 7 years old. My mother said something to the effect of, "I know Allah has a special place in heaven for mothers that lose their children at a young age." I looked at my mom and asked her, "Even if they're not Muslim?" Without breaking eye contact with the TV set she responded, "Even if they're not Muslim."

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Perhaps you are part of the Media bias aspect of my post.

source

Not that this should even be a argument. It's not the point whatsoever.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: meridie

Thanks for zeroing in on my point.

AAC.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have this friend, all he can talk about are things that are mentioned on the news.

His entire world and what he thinks about is limited to what the news presents to him.

He mentions stories like people killing his kids then himself, other gory deaths, Isis and things like that.

Sad really..

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I let go of all of that ages ago, when i was about 17 i blamed it on television. telling me what to think. showing different news shows at the same time on separate channels so i had no way to compare what was being said.
So i got rid of my tv, and at the age of 31, i still don't have one.
I don't belong to any religion, to any political party, to any group or association, i am mostly guided by what my instincts tell me, or what my "heart" says or what i have learned simply by getting into all sorts of odd situations.
but you know what? i hate it.

I envy the religious. They have this fantasy that they believe in and find comfort. I am afraid of dying because i can't accept the idea that this universe inside my head will be reduced to nothingness at some point.

I envy people with a political orientation, seriously thinking that a better world can be created by choosing X or Y, while i sit and think how things have only gotten worse and those politicians tell you what you want to hear just so they get in office and find financial security. Or the way the conversations we have are always skewed and distorted: "Marriage is holy and can only be between a man and a woman!" ...why do we even still need marriage? in a church or elsewhere?

I envy people that are hellbent on saying "X is the best type of music possible and truly smart people know it!" I listen to tom waits and spice girls and wonder if they move me, even in different ways, aren't they all art? Isn't justin beiber as much art as johnny cash? it's just a matter of what you personally take out of it.

I envy people that are against the death penalty, no matter what.
I envy people that are in favor the death penalty, no matter what.

And sometimes i ask myself, even if all these idea are passed on from parents to children, from television to audience, is it so horrible?
Is a life with a clear sense of direction (even a wrong one) that bad?
Is having an answer, even a wrong one, really worse than not having an answer at all?
I muse, if people that believe in bulls$%^ are better off than me constantly wondering what it's all about.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

A brilliant example of this brainwashing in our world is exposed in this thread :
Why is Charlie Hebdo OK, but not Dieudonné ?

S&F for your thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darksea13
I'm not racist, religious, nor do I agree with my parents' political views. What does that make me?

The son of some racists biggots with political views ?

Just kidding.
But anyway, here is shown the importance to consider how each one define themselves according to their own criterias, on an individual basis. It's therefore more conveniant for some lazy thinkers to fit themselves into a ethnico/social category of some sort, that someone else has pre-defined for them.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
Your universe will not be reduced to nothing. I promise.

I can't tell you why. But you can find that why on your own.

AAC

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
a reply to: Darksea13

Disconnected to a certain degree. Bravo.

Now it's up to you to see how much you can be perfected.

AAC.

I agree with your points, for sure, but there are many of us (yourself included) who aren't limited thinkers. I spent all of my adult life post-college in a career that deals with the public daily. I know firsthand how little people wish to use their minds and I've strived not to be that way. I guess I'm just not clear on whether or not you think this war can be won.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Photos of the beheadings of a number of Syrian soldiers were posted by ISIL members to social media on July 25, 2014. The reports said up to 75 Syrian soldiers from a captured base were beheaded with their heads and bodies displayed along the streets.[4][5][6]

Like i said . Before breakfast .
My mother is racist , am i , no .
I am what i am and no amount of media pressure or otherwise will make me change my views . Am i religious because i grew up in white small town Australia . No . And my father told me to vote the way i do because thats how blue collar workers vote . He votes the opposite .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It's not so much a war for the minds as a race for consciousness.

Not so long ago, mankind's level of consciousness was lower and humans relied more on instinct. It's not because you are ahead of the pack that the others are failing somewhere. They just go at their own pace.

Not everyone is born beautiful, not everyone is born smart, not everyone is born with a great consciousness, self-awareness and critical sense.

These things can be taught but only up to a point.

Complaining that mankind is mainly doing things out of habit and herd mentality is complaining about how evolution made us what we are.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo
It's not so much a war for the minds as a race for consciousness.

Not so long ago, mankind's level of consciousness was lower and humans relied more on instinct. It's not because you are ahead of the pack that the others are failing somewhere. They just go at their own pace.

Not everyone is born beautiful, not everyone is born smart, not everyone is born with a great consciousness, self-awareness and critical sense.

These things can be taught but only up to a point.

Complaining that mankind is mainly doing things out of habit and herd mentality is complaining about how evolution made us what we are.

What do you mean by consciousness? It seems that so-called primitive people were far more in touch with nature and spirituality and generally more aware than modern people who are consumed with things.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't know, most people can still think for themselves to a surprising degree.

The trouble with this line of thinking is that it is always the OTHER guy that has been 'brainwashed'...and never the clear headed Exposer-of-the-Truth that has to point it out to the rest of us.

Humans get all outside information from external sources. This op, and my opinion on it, were both influenced by something. And, if this OP influences someone, that is exactly the very point that was being made, right?

Sorry, I just don't think most people are as gullible as it's popular to assume on here.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
What do you mean by consciousness? It seems that so-called primitive people were far more in touch with nature and spirituality and generally more aware than modern people who are consumed with things.

Saying modern people are more consumed seems like a generalization to me.

Furthermore, spirituality or being in touch with nature is not related to the topic here; how easily some people can be manipulated (because of lack of self-awareness and critical thinking). Even someone very spiritual and in touch with nature can be manipulated.

What I mean is that it's not in one day that we went from unicellular organisms to human beings.

Likewise, it's not in one day that self consciousness, self-awareness, critical thinking appeared. That instinct gave place to more thinking. All these things increased gradually over very long periods, and sometimes, some people display much higher or much lower amount of it than the norm.

I don't think people in the past were more critical or more self-aware than us today. In fact I believe there is almost no difference between a human today and 10.000 years ago (just apparently they had better memory because of the oral tradition and lack of writing).

I believe self-awareness and critical thinking vary wildly between individuals, and because of that someone who is highly self aware or critical can get the impression everyone else is "dumb" or "blindly following the pack". The reality is people come in all variation and not everyone is gifted with a high critical sense.

Why do you think there a great deal of the population that can be easily hypnotized, while for a few other it is impossible? Not everyone is born with the same gifts. We can all try to become more self-conscious and critical, but we are not born with the same capabilities.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It seems to me that you are preaching to the choir here at ATS. What's to discuss?
You called it a "rant," so it should be in the Rant forum where it makes more sense as just that, a rant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join