It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of Christianity induced morality is destroying America

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Tangerine

Bull. I do not believe you. I believe, rather, that you do nothing but deliberately paint a picture, a legend, if you will, that has nothing to do with the current reality of the North American culture.

I have lived longer than you, Have driven multiple times through 49 states, 7 provinces and 2 territories and have seen not a single family who lives as you describe. EVER.

I have seen many women who work harder than men. My daughter is one of them. They do it out of love of family, their children and a sense of duty.

Your 'slave painting' scenario may exist somewhere out there. Every imaginable scenario does. It does not reflect the vast majority of this culture, Christian or otherwise.

Suggesting otherwise is insult to intelligence.

You wish to dump on Christianity? Do so. Whatever floats your boat....

You've lived longer than I ? Really? How do you know my age? You don't. If you haven't witnessed families in which Christian men dominate Christian women (both citing the Bible as justification), you haven't been paying attention. I suggest that you talk to people who work at battered women's shelters and ask how often the battered women say that the men who abused them used Christianity as justification.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Anyway now that's cleared up. I find it interesting that nwtrucker is ignoring my posts.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Bull. I do not believe you. I believe, rather, that you do nothing but deliberately paint a picture, a legend, if you will, that has nothing to do with the current reality of the North American culture.

I have lived longer than you, Have driven multiple times through 49 states, 7 provinces and 2 territories and have seen not a single family who lives as you describe. EVER.

I have seen many women who work harder than men. My daughter is one of them. They do it out of love of family, their children and a sense of duty.

Your 'slave painting' scenario may exist somewhere out there. Every imaginable scenario does. It does not reflect the vast majority of this culture, Christian or otherwise.

Suggesting otherwise is insult to intelligence.

You wish to dump on Christianity? Do so. Whatever floats your boat....

Hehe, isn't the entire premis of the OP that a few random cases of craziness proves society is in moral decline?

Y'all haven't put forth one even semi example of modern society being worse then past decades.

Abortion is nothing new, violent crime is lower, domestic violence (not because of Christianity) is lower, we no longer segregate or keep slaves ( both done under Christian rule with the bible as justification on a national scale), the poor have a far more comfortable life, we no longer attack homosexuals as a rule ( now this is fair to pin on Christianity), child abuse has fallen drastically.....Say what you want about the education system, but schools teach far more accurate info ( plus the evangelical GOP is responsible for almost all cuts to education, solely because teachers unions vote dem). Far better working conditions, far better medical treatment. Better environmental policy.

I'm sure there is some way we have gotten worse as a society but how foes that over rule the mountain of improvements?? It doesn't!

We have only improved as we have gotten less and less Christian (religious really) and this scares believers because It's in complete contradiction of the bibles teachings.

I think people forget that news is instantaneous now, so we hear every horror story that happens. Where in the past if it didn't happen in your neighborhood you would never know.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This gotta be a joke, right? If anything the society of the past was more laicistic than it is today. Why did the puritans leave for America in the first place? When was god put on the dollar and in the pledge?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

There were actually politicians that were good people in those days.

And these god fearing founding fathers that you wish to aspire to also practiced slavery

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: lambs to lions

There were actually politicians that were good people in those days.

And these god fearing founding fathers that you wish to aspire to also practiced slavery

Most cheated on there wives and rapedthere slaves as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

OK, That's good to know. Was it a bad upbringing? Was dad dictatorial to mom? Did she has no say?

Do you conclude by your experiences that Christian morals are a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Do you conclude by your experiences that Christian morals are a bad thing?

What are Christian morals?

Do you think that the Catholic Church's ban on birth control and condoms represents Christian morality?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hmm, I heard the 'Pope' has recanted that position...just the last couple of days actually...

You do avoid answering questions don't you.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Really? The Pope has recanted the Church's position banning birth control? That's a biggie! Do you have a source for that info?

You haven't answered my question. What is Christian morality?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In duality the teeter doth totter as a circle never ends. Believe in reincarnation as all faiths once did, and an eye for an eye one day plucks it's own.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
In duality the teeter doth totter as a circle never ends. Believe in reincarnation as all faiths once did, and an eye for an eye one day plucks it's own.

All faiths believed in reincarnation? Really? There are thousands of religions and you're speaking for all of them including the ones you've never even heard of?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

All faiths believed in reincarnation? Really? There are thousands of religions and you're speaking for all of them including the ones you've never even heard of?

When we were all one ball of energy indeed. Why else is everyone trying to get back there?

assumptions are a bucket with a hole in it some are so small you'd never see it leak in a lifetime, some are so large it just doesn't hold water. Look beyond oneself by looking within oneself and in our heart we're already back home.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

When we were all one ball of energy indeed. Why else is everyone trying to get back there?

assumptions are a bucket with a hole in it some are so small you'd never see it leak in a lifetime, some are so large it just doesn't hold water. Look beyond oneself by looking within oneself and in our heart we're already back home.

Hm. When we were all one ball of energy all faiths believed in reincarnation? Sorry, but that's just plain gibberish. Why even say something like that if you can't back it up?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by aliendwayne removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Keep defending your extremist ideologies mod person black and white is an extreme til you spin it. SA! BA! DE! KA!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I know one thing all you who are valuing those Traditional christian values with wives staying home to play mom and happy homemaker.

if your husband dies after your kids reach adulthood but before you hit retirement age whatever he leaves you will have to keep you going till you do hit retirement age because there is really not much help that the gov't is gonna give you till you do and if you've kept your career as just a secondary income that has been just a supplement of his well good luck!!!

I don't know how many people have talked to me about going to the social security office and applying for benefits as a widow only to become quite alarmed when they find out the truth that nope they cut the programs back and no longer will do it!! Guess the banks needed it more and well let's not forget about the wars!! Neither will the Social Service programs.. They used to but not anymore!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I guess that's why responsible husbands have life insurance.

Relying on the government for your one's being is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

hmm
overly relying on your husband seems to be just as ridiculous which is my point!!

and by the way that life insurance payment could dwindle rather fast because of the medical bills depending on how someone dies!!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join