It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Starring Members Just for Posting!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Oh no!

Because this is my own thread, do I go against my very train of thought?

Without a member's response, what little thread do I have?

Do I star them for simply breathing life into my creation?

So perplexed...

I gave you a star because you're big enough to admit that your original OP might have been a tad bit on the 'dictator' flavourings with a slight sprinkling of 'tyrannical' expectations.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I thought it was an interesting event when someone screwed up the relationship keys in the database and messed up a portion of the accounts.

I have been waiting for something like that to happen to the health exchange databases (probably has already happened).

There is always someone who makes edits on the production server. Just this once, what is the worst that could happen?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm giving you a star because your Avatar is appealing.

What was this post about again?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Star and flag for this thread because.......

edit on 27-2-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Who gives a darn about stars?.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

My friends at Above Top Secret, I promise you that I will try to be the best, most well behaved, fair contributor to this site as well as an oath to you all that as long as I am alive I will always fight for good.

eisegesis

Stars are what they are. There are many reasons to give them out.

Perhaps for a really top point. Perhaps to your friends. Perhaps just because you know someone who has it tough in this bitch of a world. Perhaps they made you laugh or cry.

Please don't judge other people's reasons. Their reasons are as valid as yours.

P

edit on 27/2/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
One day I will be rich when I cash in all of my stars. You'll see.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I guess the lesson is, everybody here can validate any reason they do something until someone comes along and challenges it.

edit on 27-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I gave you a star because I still haven't figured out what the heck your avatar is.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I gave everyone a star because I'm an idiot.

Out of curiosity,do people that write "ill" instead of "I'll" also write "youll"?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I starred you for the same reason i donated after reading the thread about NotAboveAskingForHandouts.com? . Because i can afford to .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I gave you a star and a flag, because I can.

originally posted by: FalafelBallz
I gave you a star because I still haven't figured out what the heck your avatar is.

Lol I know, but only because I was perplexed enough to send a pm asking about it...

edit on 2/27/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You people are not seeing the real reason for this thread..

The op just wanted to post their favourite song and came up with this elaborate plan.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
You people are not seeing the real reason for this thread..

The op just wanted to post their favourite song and came up with this elaborate plan.

I think it was a nefarious ploy to get more stars. Tell people not to do something, and of course they're going to do it. Very, very sneaky....lol

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Who does that !? Well, except for it being done in this thread.

edit on 27-2-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
You're breaking what little system there is. Stars were designed to award the "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..."

If a person simply stars a post just because it's there, you have now broken the system. We all know the name of the game here is contribution or otherwise ATS wouldn't have any content. RIP to all it's past expert contributors. There is just no reason to show support just for showing up. Never judge a post by it's username.

Instead, why don't you read the entire thing and respect what thoughts or questions the member may have asked you and decide whether it was thought provoking or not worth drawing attention to. Always ask yourself, should I?

Simple.

completely agree here....

btw...

your new avatar makes me go hmmmmm....

warning !!!!!!

DON'T STAR THIS POST !!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Stars tell you how much others agree to you. Could not care less how many people agree with me, I still wont change my mind if there is no reason for me... Just because someone got a #load of stars? Sorry I have a spine.
I learned, you can lower your karma with curse words. #, its getting lower and lower....WHO CARES?

-> THE NOBODY

because he needs a non-telling number under his nickname. Like big penis enlargements. To hell with my karma.
If someone judges my posts on statistics, he´s an idiot.

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: rickymouse

I gave you a star for being a rebel without a cause.

And I gave you one for making me aware of it.

please please please star me back -not.

seriously, if anyone stars this post!!!1!one
edit on 27-2-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

By the way, since the star count has been messed with (why, I must ask, I remember reading SO did some balancing and messed up??)
we should just set them to ZERO for everyone. Who´s with me? If you´re with me, do not star this post.
edit on 27-2-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I find the issue of Stars and Flags to be somewhat of a bugbear. I personally do not give a stuff about stars and flags, except as a tool to rate my contributions to the site, and understand how to ensure that my post quality and usefulness of my contributions is kept at a high ebb.

If people were to star me, just for posting, that would skew my ability to rate the usefulness of my contributions no end.

There is no achievement to unlock for maxing out ones star collection!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
My...precious...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join