It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Humanity caught in a theatre?

page: 1

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
Hello ATSers,

I intend to keep this thread light, as I offer only my imaginable speculation that attempts to funnel our myths, legends, religious stories, et cetera back to a less convoluted origin.

Many of our mythos, legends, scriptures tell of other worldy entities and/or God(s), and even terrestrial species yet discovered. These stories describe fantastical creatures, beings, and propose histories lost to time, the ever changing landscape of our planet, and some perceived massive loss of knowledge or record keeping.

For example, the Titans, the Greek Gods, Ra, Isis, Osiris, Nephlium, Gilgamesh, The Watchers, Quetzalcoatl...and the list we all know goes on. The Garden of Eden, Babel, Machu Picchu, Puma Punku, Stonehenge, The Pyramids at Giza, and my personal favorite, The Nazca Lines.

I admit, I enjoy the idea of E.T.s, even if Hawking warns against seeking them out. However, our stories suggest they sought us out, in most instances, again...not proven, not even close. Hindu myths are most intriguing. Warring Gods extraordinary weapons of mass destruction, flying ships, and the ones who lost the right to dwell on Earth.

Adam, whether one man or a group, plus Eve are told to have been fallen from Eden, or a Heaven like realm between Earth and God. So, we are the E.T.s? The fallen angels came with us. Could another civilization have been visited, overtaken by us and our badly behaving fallen brethren? The Giants/Nephlium/Titans ran rampant, breeding with humans and killing everyone. Humans took a foothold after the Nth Flood which cleansed the Earth to be born again, anew. Quetzalcoatal left, the Egyptian Gods left, the Greek Gods defeated the Titans and retreated back to Olympus. Who was left? Just Adam, just us humans? Just Noah and his family?

Could some of our stories and unexplained findings suggest we did not survive alone? Or at the very least give imagination to ancient previous civilizations that were flourishing? Atlantis dissappeared overnight, either down into the ocean, up to the sky, or just out of our records, much like the Tower of Babel. Something tore through us and scattered history, most likely in the ocean's depths or under the sands of time.

I am curious as to how most of our stories hold veins of similarities, all telling of past civilizations gone wrong, doomed, and the fate of ours to come. Are we to be visited? Are we in the weeds of a large field, which is host to many hidden, lying in wait? Are our perceived E.T.s in fact terrestrial survivors? Are the defeated to return? What if all those funny noises we hear are the losers searching our planet for their nemesis civilization, and we are just in the way, for now.

I am not saying I believe all of this speculation. I wonder if the real battle, like scriptures speak of, is between benevolent and malevolent civilizations, and Earth was never ours, the baby was thrown out with the bath water, and its name was Adam, straight into the frying pan.

I am sure all of this has been talked about in multiple threads, many times. I just like talking about it. I like history, for good, bad, right, or is the main component of our shared culture(s) in my opinion. Why wouldn't we search for our past story? It is part of being human, right?

edit on 26-2-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:29 PM
that was very beautifully written. lots of imagery and mythology. you are a poet.

I have nothing clever to add, but your thread deserves a bump.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:38 PM
Okay this is what I get: mythos vs. biblical knowledge vs. well……more mythos. Just so you know: I've retyped this over and over and the mistake insists being made, no matter what.
What does that tell you? That we are in a perhaps totally controlled environment in which few choices exist, and in which certain knowlege will be propagated, and other knowlege disposed of. But that isn't knowlege. It's just having Google… your friend, when that's not the reality. In other words, google isn't really your friend……

Now, back to thread topic, which raises interesting points. The ancient story of Olympus at war with the Underworld, beyond the River Styx, I think is what is oft repeated there, in what you mention…so maybe that's the most important information, to date, we should use to inform?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:21 AM
Or, it could be that as we evolved, we have simply carried certain naturally ingrained archetypes in our subconscious....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:26 AM
a reply to: Boscov

Well done! Your thoughts wonderfully explored!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
when i saw the scene below, i realized that what I was looking at is an interpretation of what it looked like at the Creation of the World. the Union between the Sun and the Moon, as depicted in the famous statues from our Antiquity..

there is us here and nothing else, but what we are is far more complex than the meat puppets you are taught that you are.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:35 PM
a reply to: Boscov

We create our past history every day in our minds.

The victors write the history books.

The dreamers dream those books away.

We will never actually know in any verifiable detail.

And that's ok too.

top topics