It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

About as white as white gets and as gold as gold gets, zero room for interpretion in my eyes. Which, I've been told, are pretty good eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
originally posted by: Tangerine

The best part of this entire link is that photo of the dog and accompanying caption. Thanks.

Awwww, shucks! Thank you ma'am! LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: DeadSeraph

May or may not? It did. It is being talked about on every news station from coast to coast. I'm more curious if the rest of the world is getting the same news story, or if they're doing stories about how God# stupid Americans continue to get. (That being said, I believe all humans to be equally retarded, despite their nation state)

This excessive exposure is the dwindling down part of the "phenomenon"? Thank god I don't participate in any social networks or watch non-recorded TV shows & wasn't exposed to this ludicrous "news" earlier than today.

I'll lighten up when the electricity goes out for good. Pun fully intended.

Out of curiosity, If you don't give a rats behind about the dress why have spent so many pages on it? If you feel time would be better served on life events, why aren't you in a thread about the murder of Putin's rival? Or about Bilderberg Group, or the Illuminati? Please don't take offense, just honestly curious. To come to a thread to just complain about how miserable you are about how people are getting a kick out of the changing views, and that they aren't spending their time in a more important endeavor, when for all you know they're taking a break from their important endeavors. Isn't entering a thread to complain about the thread and it's participants, trolling? If you don't like the thread, fine, ignore it, and find one you do like.

edit on 2/28/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Well, short answer is I gave my opinion, was attacked for it (something im quite used to by now), & it escalated as I try to get my position & world views across (I've yet to encounter anyone who even truly slightly grasps the reality I live in, including 6 psychiatrists & a forensic neuropsychologist)

There is no such thing as an important endeavor, & I probably care more about this dress than any of putins rivals or recent antics of the global elite you mention. This dress thing just represents how skewed modern humanities priorities are.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

This is the post I was replying to in your quote. I don't think my responses fall in the "Don't like it don't post" category.

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Eunuchorn

My bad. They must have nothing better to do than to post pictures of dresses on the internet that may or may not go viral in an effort to distract people from the # that really matters, because someone on ATS said so.

I mean hey, if I were in the illuminati or whatever it is (maybe the bilderberg group?), I might have better things to do, but I'm not. So what do I know?

It's official. The Dress is a lie. You have all been duped. Something really important just happened while we were talking about this, but it was so important we'll never know what it was because of a dress.

& I wasn't the first one to bring up this being a distraction scheme; should those members not have posted either?

For the record, I'm not trying to sound antagonistic (which, I admit, I have a habit of doing :saint

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Jane

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It would've been better if the chicken was crossing a road asking what color Schrödinger's cat was...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The dress is on BBC News now, the world has a new problem to solve.
stupid dress link

I still say it's evil, BURN IT WITH FIRE!

edit on 28-2-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
The dress is on BBC News now, the world has a new problem to solve.
stupid dress link

I still say it's evil, BURN IT WITH FIRE!

clearly it's something concocted by the illuminati lizard people.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Apply this same perception dispute to the UFO forum....
It's well known in the UFO forum that all eyewitness testimony estimates of the size, distance and speed of an unknown object in the night sky are completely accurate. Don't let the fact that people can't agree on a simple thing like the color of a dress convince you otherwise!
/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
blah blah blah gold white red orange blue green yellow blah blah blah

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
good thing we have you here to remind us of how important things are, and how ridiculous things would sound if we were being fed nonsense by "TPTB"

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I guess that what you'd do is something like: pull the image from an external source (a server that you control) and display one of 2 images (gold/white or black/blue) depending on the IP address of the person who looks at it.

Then some people see gold/white, others see blue/black even when looking at the image on the same website/forum thread/etc

Like a "viral" marketing ploy.

Some kind of imaginative way of showing a different picture to different people.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: angelchemuel

It would've been better if the chicken was crossing a road asking what color Schrödinger's cat was...

LMAO!!! Or at least a lot less frustrating.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Since my picture got ignored last time I'll try again:

Am I the only person on the entire internet that did something incredibly simple like cropping out a section of the "black" colored portion of the dress and compare it to a *known* black and a *known* brown in order to prove it is not black?

Here is the picture again:

s3.postimg.org...

The middle color block is a cropped section of the dress people are calling Black. The bottom is just black from the color palette, the top is a tan/brown from the color palette.

Again, look at the picture:

s3.postimg.org...

I even extended a true black strip over all three blocks to make the contrast easier to see.

Hey, here's the pic again:

s3.postimg.org...

Do you see it? Does the middle block look black to anyone?

The color of the dress in real life is irrelevant, as nobody here is looking at the actual dress. We are looking at a picture of the dress, and the picture shows brown, not black.

Again, here is the picture:

s3.postimg.org...

Do all three blocks look black to anyone?

One more time:

s3.postimg.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Even if it wasn't started as a psy-op, guaranteed it is being studied by the same people at this point.

If they aren't, then they aren't doing their job. Small things like this can lead to great divides. I have yet to see it mentioned in the MSM without some sort of insult that would be considered over the top in most situations.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I realize people are too lazy to click a link, here I made it easy and uploaded to ATS:

Once again, center color block is from the picture. Below that is black. Do they look the same to anyone?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
WTF is going on?

I look at the picture for the first time and its white/gold. I then look away to do some other things and when I turn around I see blue/black.

WTF lol.

I've done this several times and it seems that whenever I first look at that picture it looks white/gold but after a while I see blue/black.

I know I'm weird but wow wtf haha.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles
WTF is going on?

I look at the picture for the first time and its white/gold. I then look away to do some other things and when I turn around I see blue/black.

WTF lol.

I've done this several times and it seems that whenever I first look at that picture it looks white/gold but after a while I see blue/black.

I know I'm weird but wow wtf haha.

Does the following image ever magically change to you?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
This really weirded me out. When I first saw this, it looked white and gold. Then I saw a different version on facebook that was clearly blue and black. When I went back to this thread, it looked blue and black, instead of white and gold like it did previously.

Witchcraft!

That happened to me as well. WTF haha.

Who's casting spells?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

So far nothing. But I'll check on it every now and again. It just blew my mind that the picture changed when it really didn't lol. I lost it lol.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join