It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'm not exactly known for my happy go lucky optimism. I don't get pleasure out of anything, especially pointless fluff pieces being portrayed as mainstream news stories.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Oh my Jesus, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

You know what is kind of neat though?

Events like this cause a common link between many, many people. One that will likely remain in the cultural story for some time to come. With technology, these shared moments can happen on very large scales.

It happens no matter how we feel about it individually. An inexorable part of who we all are..

It's a bit funny really. The universe just trolled all of us.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Anyone notice how every time the government is about to pass a big bill taking all our freedoms away, or something real and actually meaningful happens in the news, something so incredibly ridiculous sweeps over twitter and social media, and its all any of the sheeple are talking about for days?

Well I did. After reading 4-5 pages of comments, I am a little shocked tbh. I thought ATS was better than this, but it seems most of you fell into the trap.

I mean... some of you guys are actually debating the colour of the dress, citing different bulls**t articles off the internet about certain people, young/old, with different vision capabilities, altering what colour the dress appears to be.

WAKE UP... Stop being so gullible, stop being so easily distracted and brainwashed. Discuss real issues, topics that are relevant for more than one day, things that will better the world.

Or don't. Just my thoughts.
edit on 27-2-2015 by acehigh91 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sometimes.... It's nice to let go for just a minute. Ya know, step away and laugh at yourself. Maybe you should try it. I mean you came here and read at least a few pages "wasting your time from real issues". I for one enjoyed the mind bender.

a reply to: acehigh91

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
My daughter showed up for the weekend, I showed her the image in the OP, she said the dress was white and tan.

I then showed her the original dress as black and blue and she said it comes in white and tan too. LOL Well, I guess it does now. LOL

The best part of this entire link is that photo of the dog and accompanying caption. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: acehigh91
Anyone notice how every time the government is about to pass a big bill taking all our freedoms away, or something real and actually meaningful happens in the news, something so incredibly ridiculous sweeps over twitter and social media, and its all any of the sheeple are talking about for days?

Well I did. After reading 4-5 pages of comments, I am a little shocked tbh. I thought ATS was better than this, but it seems most of you fell into the trap.

I mean... some of you guys are actually debating the colour of the dress, citing different bulls**t articles off the internet about certain people, young/old, with different vision capabilities, altering what colour the dress appears to be.

WAKE UP... Stop being so gullible, stop being so easily distracted and brainwashed. Discuss real issues, topics that are relevant for more than one day, things that will better the world.

I agree with you 100% but once you see it "change" especially when you know what it's really supposed to look like , it's nuts

The timing from the beginning screamed "net neutrally what?"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Seriously?

You ACTUALLY think this is a government conspiracy? I would normally think this is trolling, but I think you might really believe this.

Easily distracted and brainwashed? Why? Because some people find the power of perception interesting, and are curious why some people see 2 colours, and some people see 2 completely different colours? Some people (myself included) actually seen BOTH sets of colours...

If anyone needs to wake up here, it's you. Come down off your soap box, please.

I might even be more fascinated with why some people react to it like this. The science behind colour perception and our senses is interesting enough, but the fact people get so worked up over a simple image is becoming even more interesting.
edit on 27-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Seriously?

You ACTUALLY think this is a government conspiracy? I would normally think this is trolling, but I think you might really believe this.

Easily distracted and brainwashed? Why? Because some people find the power of perception interesting, and are curious why some people see 2 colours, and some people see 2 completely different colours? Some people (myself included) actually seen BOTH sets of colours...

I might even find it more interesting why some people react to it like this. The science behind colour perception and our senses is interesting enough, but the fact people get so worked up over a simple image is becoming even more interesting.

This x10000!

I think you have to have seen both versions at some point to be as passionate about this as some of us are.

I only had the clearly gold and white dress for about a minute but I already knew the story and it completely freaked me out watching pictures I took of an iPad screen change (during a conversation with my brother who has seen it as blue and black the whole time but is completely into this )

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Seriously?

I might even be more fascinated with why some people react to it like this. The science behind colour perception and our senses is interesting enough, but the fact people get so worked up over a simple image is becoming even more interesting.

Wow, what world do you live in?

The MSM Government Industrial Complex is real; www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

My bad. They must have nothing better to do than to post pictures of dresses on the internet that may or may not go viral in an effort to distract people from the # that really matters, because someone on ATS said so.

I mean hey, if I were in the illuminati or whatever it is (maybe the bilderberg group?), I might have better things to do, but I'm not. So what do I know?

It's official. The Dress is a lie. You have all been duped. Something really important just happened while we were talking about this, but it was so important we'll never know what it was because of a dress.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some of you need to seriously lighten up...

ISIS will still be here when this is done and dusted...

So will Russia and Ukraine...

So will the Internet...

& so will your freedoms you're losing in imaginary land...

btw...
This was being circulated long before the media got anywhere near it...

If anything, attention to this has dwindled since the news started following the story...

Lighten up, get out of that bubble for once...

This is BelowTopSecret...

ATS is over there>>>>>>>

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yes, I think if a person does not have the attention span with which to keep track of two different news items (at least) then they have bigger things to worry about than imaginary freedom grabbing or their rabid outrage at a light hearted phenomenon!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

May or may not? It did. It is being talked about on every news station from coast to coast. I'm more curious if the rest of the world is getting the same news story, or if they're doing stories about how God# stupid Americans continue to get. (That being said, I believe all humans to be equally retarded, despite their nation state)

This excessive exposure is the dwindling down part of the "phenomenon"? Thank god I don't participate in any social networks or watch non-recorded TV shows & wasn't exposed to this ludicrous "news" earlier than today.

I'll lighten up when the electricity goes out for good. Pun fully intended.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This is exactly what I was about to say. Any day of the year you can read about how ISIS is infecting the Middle East, how much Israel hates the Palestinians (and vice versa), how terrible Obama/the Republicans/the Liberals/Democrats etc. are, how we're on the brink of WW3 and so on and so forth. 365 days we get to read and hear about the very depressing stuff.

Then one day, out of the black and blue something completely different and unexpectedly something takes the world by storm, and some people say "No! Forget about the dress! Go back to the really depressing stuff we read about every single day! How stupid are you sheeple to argue about a dress that is obviously white and gold!?"

What I do notice is that those that b*tch about the "dress excitement" are those that can only see white and gold. And I understand their anger. They feel left out. Like they are denied access to "an exclusive club". Those that can see both colors are the ones that are excited about the dress, because they get what an extra-ordinary illusion this is. It's a stunning effect, and that's why I urge those that can only see white and gold to make an effort to see both. It's not an exclusive club. There are several suggestions in this thread on how to get the colors to change. Try it. It's really worth it. And once the colors change for you (them) they'll be much less grumpy cat about this.
edit on 28/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: Wrong word

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

You don't *really* think its a "feeling left out" issue do you?

Our world & society is broken beyond repair, I'm sorry if an extra ordinary optical illusion doesn't get my loins tingling with excited distraction.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oleus

originally posted by: darkbake
That black and blue dress is hot.

i'm buying one for my wife for her birthday
Noooooooo! You've just fallen for the biggest marketing trick of the year so far !

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
You don't *really* think its a "feeling left out" issue do you?

Just my opinion. Nothing else.

Our world & society is broken beyond repair, I'm sorry if an extra ordinary optical illusion doesn't get my loins tingling with excited distraction.

No need to be sorry. It's your right not to get excited. It would be an extremely boring planet if the same things got everyone equally excited. For example I can't get excited about 50 shades of grey. Other people's excitement over it makes me sad.

But generally I tend to live by this rule: "There is no evidence that proves that life should be taken seriously." If we got stuck with only the negativity in our world, things are just going to go from bad to worse. So, some times it's good to get excited about something as stupid as a dress. Or llamas.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I'm anhedonic, so I don't get excited about anything. I don't mind people getting excited, but getting excited over pointless drivel doesn't do any good for my already cynical world views.

From what the AntiDressers have been saying, I don't think its a feeling left out issue lol

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

No need to be sorry. It's your right not to get excited. It would be an extremely boring planet if the same things got everyone equally excited. For example I can't get excited about 50 shades of grey. Other people's excitement over it makes me sad.

I'm that way about anything related to sports. I mean, it's all about hitting a ball, or throwing a ball, or kicking a ball or catching a ball. Who cares - It's just a damn ball! And if the ball is deflated? OMG!!!

I admit, I got a little caught up in the dress color - for about 20 minutes. Then I moved on. No biggie. At least I don't spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of my life going to sporting events to watch a ball!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join