It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

That ones tricky! Definitely seen clockwise and anti-clock-wise!

....ugh that Hellen Keller image almost made me spit out my chai tea lol

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I guess most here have never seen an episode of the show Brain Games.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
here is one for you guys. my kid saw it on her brothers phone and said it was blue and black. then she saw it on the computer and now says she is seeing it as white and gold.... refresh rate vs. the human eye? wow I don't know.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'd say a periwinkle purple with black/dark brown stripes. The pic is of poor resolution with too bright background but my eyes see what I said. Do not wear this it is fugly.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would like to do a poll.

What colors do you see?

Are you male of female?

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted?

Colorblind to any degree?

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen?

I will go first.

What colors do you see? White and gold

Are you male of female? female

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted? near sighted

Colorblind to any degree? no

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen? Yes, they saw it as black and blue.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What colors do you see? Blue & black

Are you male of female? male

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted? far

Colorblind to any degree? no

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen? yes, white and gold

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Pastel/baby blue and fawn/deep beige

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just turned on the TV and they were covering this story on local news. Sigh. Hard hitting journalism.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Meh, I'll bite.

What colors do you see?

First viewing blue and brownish gold. Now I can see it both ways, but it's a stretch to pull white. Way easier for me to see black and blue.

Are you male of female?

Male

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted?

Nearsighted in one eye, farsighted in the other. Wearing contacts that give me perfect vision.

Colorblind to any degree?

Nope.

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen?

Yes. Girlfriend sees white and gold on my laptop and her iPhone 5. I noticed a difference between my iPhone 5 and laptop. When I looked at it on the phone it seemed more obvious it was blue. Phone has retina display, I cheaped out on laptop after destroying my MacBook Pro with retina, so I don't believe the colors are as vivid, but it still looks blue to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

White & gold or tan

Male

Perfect vision

Colorblind to a degree

Yes a female friend saw the same colors on the same screen without me telling her what colors I saw.

Is that good?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I see baby blue with dark brown, but It could be white with gold trim just a lighting illusion??

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yup, ty! Just trying to come up with different theories.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Blue and Black (original photo)...

White and Gold (reversed photo)...

So again...

How can anyone say that's white and gold at the top?

I still see somewhat blue and brown on the bottom as well even! I tried lights on, lights off, phone, computer etc..... my brain only sees blue and brown.....lol

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I see baby blue with dark brown, but It could be white with gold trim just a lighting illusion??

Pretty much. Brain illusion, some people think it's lit a certain way, and some people see it lit differently. Our brains do this all the time, but it's rare to have a mass event like this.

Our brains do a TON of weird stuff with our eyes. Flip upside down, image stays the same (and as I recall it was already flipped by the brain).

Check this link out, it will give you some cool graphics.

Hvae uoy nees scentnees wttrein dleumjb nda rzaeield uoy nac raed tehm? Have you read a sentence with the the written twice and only realized "the" was written twice and your brain missed it? Probably didn't work there, but it often does.

Our brains edit and take shortcuts. They adjust things. Same with colors. Someone may think light is originating from a certain spot, and it can totally skew colors.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Crazy! Lol. My son and I don't believe that site, lol

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Illusion 2 and 3 didn't "work" for me. They were the same color, just lighter or darker. number 3 especially just looked like on had a light behind it making it brighter."

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It has to do with contrast change in the eye. You can test it out yourself.

Jack up your screen brightness all the way, then look at it again lowered. It will appear to change colour. Your eye is compensating for the apparent contrast of bright white behind the dress.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Can't comprehend how any white or gold can be seen here, even accounting for low light. That said, my daughter said white and gold right off the bat. I see blue and brown. I don't see how the low light explanation holds either, as there's a white garment right next to the dress that's not blue. Confuddled...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Earlier today I looked at the picture, and saw the dress is white and gold. And I thought to myself there is just no way in hell that anyone can see black and blue anywhere in that dress. And left it at that.

A bit later the picture popped up on my Facebook feed (on a different computer) and I saw the dress as blue and black. I thought that maybe the image was different and I went back to the site I saw it on earlier, and there it was - black and blue. I then went back to the other computer and viewed it there, and it was back to white and gold.

My brain then short-circuited and I can't remember anything after that.

It is really, really strange and I understand why it broke the Internet. The only difference worth mentioning - is that when I see it as white and gold, it's in well lit room, compared to the blue and black scenario in a darker environment.

Only conclusion I can come to is that it's either sorcery or a brilliant optical illusion.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join