It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor from h*ll puts up Swastika display; Claims it's 'Art'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

It looks to me like hes making a statement saying that America and Isreal and doing to the palestinians what Hitler did to the Jews.

Not that complicated yes if thats the message than it is art.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

This is most likely a guy shoving the truth in your face...that your leaders and your militaries are doing war crimes akin to the Nazis.

Oh wait...art should also never come with hidden meaning and be taken at face value cus real art panders to people unable to consider deeper agendas and ideals.

But that means they actually have to think and that takes work. No wonder Americans still believe a handful of Arabs flew planes into the Twin Towers.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

If the followers of the Jewish religion hate the swastika symbol so much, why are they always daubing it on doors, cars and other places.

Because the Holocaust industry is big business. They can milk hundreds of million $ for their "survivors" 70 years later.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It is a form of hate speech.

People who agree with his hate speech say it is art.

I say each one of you go burn a cross in your yard with a doll hanging from it and see if you get away with calling it art.

I've seen art students do far worse and "get away with it".

That's the point here friend. Art is not something you must hope "to get away with".

Your right to Free speech defends your right to freely speak. Its not just a silly little right that only defends speech "you find safe and defendable".

MM

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this man speaks the truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: Ultralight
ART is not hate.

The guy who did this obviously fell out of the "stupid" tree, striking every branch on the way down.

Somethings one shouldn't do even though one can.

I see...so...this is hate? Not art. Got it...hate.

Are you an artist? I am. Born and raised, paid and published.

Art can be hate. Art can be any emotion or none at all.

Do you really see a guy who supports Nazis here?

This is most likely a guy shoving the truth in your face...that your leaders and your militaries are doing war crimes akin to the Nazis.

Oh wait...art should also never come with hidden meaning and be taken at face value cus real art panders to people unable to consider deeper agendas and ideals.

Sigh...

MM

This guy is not an artist. He's an idiot. If he has a message to display then put these up in a gallery or in a room open to the public. To have it out in the open like this is purely to piss people off. He'd an uneducated moron. End of story.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

ART is not hate.

The guy who did this obviously fell out of the "stupid" tree, striking every branch on the way down.

Sigh...

MM

This guy is not an artist. He's an idiot. If he has a message to display then put these up in a gallery or in a room open to the public. To have it out in the open like this is purely to piss people off. He'd an uneducated moron. End of story.

Art can't/shouldn't be done to piss people off!

Especially if its protesting genocide.

Ya...HE is the moron...not the people too lost in media and propaganda to even recognize the meaning behind his display.

How dare he have strong opinions that result in strong displays of said opinions?! DON'T HE KNOW PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ART THAT SPEAKS AGAINST THE KOOL-AID DRINKING NORM!?

Man...free speech needs to be regulated. Cus its just un-American to freely speak about things Americans don't like to see/hear/know.

MM
edit on 1-3-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He'd an uneducated moron. End of story.

Irony is best served cold and online.

I say.

MM

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

ART is not hate.

Sigh...

MM

Art can't/shouldn't be done to piss people off!

Especially if its protesting genocide.

Ya...HE is the moron...not the people too lost in media and propaganda to even recognize the meaning behind his display.

How dare he have strong opinions that result in strong displays of said opinions?! DON'T HE KNOW PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ART THAT SPEAKS AGAINST THE KOOL-AID DRINKING NORM!?

Man...free speech needs to be regulated. Cus its just un-American to freely speak about things Americans don't like to see/hear/know.

MM

Hey. He's free to do it...and im free to think he's a total idiot. And you are free to think way too highly of him.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hey. He's free to do it...and im free to think he's a total idiot. And you are free to think way too highly of him.

He IS free to do it. You ARE free to think as you do. And I DO NOT think highly of him.

I simply respect his rights. And fully understand his statement.

MM

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't think I believe in "hate speech", I only believe in free speech, and I don't think I believe the government needs to micromanage every aspect of our lives like we were naughty little children.

If a person really has a problem with this "art" then that's really their problem. If a person is being obnoxious i.e. hate speech, then he should be aware of the possibility of getting his teeth knocked out, without authorities getting involved. No pussyfooting around, just men handling business without the need for government nanny intervention. People are such children, a truly mature society wouldn't even need police.

Grow some skin, f'in kids crying to the authorities: "this guy is offending my sensibilities", waahhh, waahh. They seemingly can't handle it when their surroundings doesn't yield, cater and conform to their every last whim. These spoiled weak ass people that have been so nurtured to be offended by anything and everything. I would love to REALLY offend some of these people. These people only deserve to be punched in their face.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's his house and he's not breaking any laws. A non-story as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't care if it is hate speech in disguise - it Should be protected, All hate speech should be protected.

WHY - simple, Hate Speech is Only one persons opinion. People need to learn to ignore opinions they do not agree with and let it go at that.

Everyone Should be entitled to their opinion - extremest Muslims, terrorists, dissidents, those who outright oppose the government and believe the corrupt members should be shot on sight and Christians alike.

All - because that's what Our solider boys fought and died for back in WWII the last war that was any threat to us, The Right to Keep America Free.

Those who seek to employ censorship in Any form are Traitors to the US Constitution and the American way of life. ( IMO this includes Forums like ATS and the people who run it - The forum may be Privately owned nevertheless, it IS still a Public forum, therefore the owners should not have the right to censor. If it was a Private forum, then the owners could have the right to censor.) Others who don't agree with the speaker can simply ignore him and go away. There is No reason to call attention to the issues further by the act of censorship. many times this does more harm than good.

I applaud this good citizen for his thoughtful art. In my book, he can display it under the 1st amendment. If I ever get tired of looking at it, i have a choice to simply choose Not To Look. It really is that simple folks.

You also have to consider, IF you allow This type of censorship, what will stop someone from turning it around on you and creating a law that censors the things YOU believe in? You have just by your allowance of this, created a precedent for censorship that Will be exploited - You will have destroyed your own 1st amendment and are yourself will have become a Traitor to the USA and US constitution !
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You said that beautifully.

I'm not an artist but the trait runs in the family.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

You said that beautifully.

I'm not an artist but the trait runs in the family.

Thanks!!!

And yknow...I actually think everyone is an artist in one way or another. I bet you have an artist inside you waiting to get out.

But thanks for the kind words.

Hugs!

MM

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I don't care if it is hate speech in disguise - it Should be protected, All hate speech should be protected.

WHY - simple, Hate Speech is Only one persons opinion. People need to learn to ignore opinions they do not agree with and let it go at that.

Everyone Should be entitled to their opinion - extremest Muslims, terrorists, dissidents, those who outright oppose the government and believe the corrupt members should be shot on sight and Christians alike.

All - because that's what Our solider boys fought and died for back in WWII the last war that was any threat to us, The Right to Keep America Free.

Those who seek to employ censorship in Any form are Traitors to the US Constitution and the American way of life. ( IMO this includes Forums like ATS and the people who run it - The forum may be Privately owned nevertheless, it IS still a Public forum, therefore the owners should not have the right to censor. If it was a Private forum, then the owners could have the right to censor.) Others who don't agree with the speaker can simply ignore him and go away. There is No reason to call attention to the issues further by the act of censorship. many times this does more harm than good.

I applaud this good citizen for his thoughtful art. In my book, he can display it under the 1st amendment. If I ever get tired of looking at it, i have a choice to simply choose Not To Look. It really is that simple folks.

You also have to consider, IF you allow This type of censorship, what will stop someone from turning it around on you and creating a law that censors the things YOU believe in? You have just by your allowance of this, created a precedent for censorship that Will be exploited - You will have destroyed your own 1st amendment and are yourself will have become a Traitor to the USA and US constitution !

Sigh...no one is saying he can't display it. We are just calling him an idiot.

Though full? Please . This is the first lesson you take in political art 101. There is nothing intelligent or deep or clever about this. Unless you are a 15 year old art students t in which case you might find it "edgy" I guess

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj I completely get it...and I appreciate it what that means. It is one word that begins with *.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join