It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial memo on official letterhead placed in mailboxes at police headquarters in Bridgeport, CT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Racial memo, threatening one officer, has created a hostile work environment in Bridgeport.

Authorities are investigating after a racist memo printed on official letterhead was placed in mailboxes at Bridgeport police headquarters, slandering minority officers and singling out one who was recently cleared of police brutality charges.

The Bridgeport Guardians, a minority officers' organization, addressed the letter in a news conference Wednesday morning. Det. Harold Dimbo, vice president of the group and a 27-year veteran of the police department, said the "racial, insensitive and threatening" letter is the most recent of at least three hateful notes to circulate within the department over the past year.

"Something like this coming through the police department, it just never should have happened," Dimbo said Wednesday. "This type of behavior affects a minority and spreads racism and hatred throughout the Bridgeport Police Department as well as the community."

Attorney Tom Bucci, who is representing the Bridgeport Guardians, said that the organization will be monitoring any investigation into the issue.

"These letters were abhorrent and intolerable, especially in 2015 in an urban police department," Bucci said. "The Guardians want to acknowledge that the majority of the Bridgeport police officers find this intolerable... it's the few that spew this hateful language that must be isolated because they have no place in a police organization."

Bucci said that if the Guardians don't believe the issue is being properly investigated, the organization will seek legal "remedies."

The National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers is also supporting the Bridgeport Guardians on the issue. National president Hubert Smith called for an outside investigation into the incident and demanded the "immediate termination" of all involved in "perpetrating these acts of domestic, racial terrorism and violence."

I find this letter to not only be racial, but threatening as well, with the "We know where you live" remark. Now, if Officer Higgins wrote this memo himself to somehow get heat off of himself from testifying against his fellow officers, then by all means, prosecute and fire him, just as you would any white officer who would do this. I don't care what race did this, "Equal Shame, Equal blame". It doesn't matter the race, the fear created was the same. Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, and fire them from the force.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That grammer in that letter is that of a 12yr old child... "White Power" really wow someone find the guy that wrote this and throw him in jail and see if he still claims his bs white power...a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe the police will be the next group of people that are going to experience racial divide.
Shooting an unarmed person won't get you fired from the police force but writing a threatening letter will.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Maybe the police will be the next group of people that are going to experience racial divide.
Shooting an unarmed person won't get you fired from the police force but writing a threatening letter will.

I thought that one a bit on the crazy side myself. You tased a guy? Why that's a paid suspension, come back in a week Frank! Have fun in Mexico on taxpayer's dime!

Oh wait? You wrote a badly grammatical racial threatening letter? Man Frank, we liked you. We really did. When you kicked that downed drug dealer with us, we really thought you were one of us! Now we see you're just a jerk, Frank. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to let you go. Please give me your gun and your badge.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Now, if Officer Higgins wrote this memo himself to somehow get heat off of himself from testifying against his fellow officers, then by all means, prosecute and fire him, just as you would any white officer who would do this.

That's a bit of a long shot, a strange rationale?? If you go by the contents of the letter, any applied heat will not have any official stamp of, please desist on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Now, if Officer Higgins wrote this memo himself to somehow get heat off of himself from testifying against his fellow officers, then by all means, prosecute and fire him, just as you would any white officer who would do this.

That's a bit of a long shot, a strange rationale?? If you go by the contents of the letter, any applied heat will not have any official stamp of, please desist on it.

That was why I said "If". Covering all bases for those that may try and claim I was being bias by not looking at all suspects, including Higgins. (You never know with a conspiracy site. LOL)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So, apparently an LEO, a member of a group notorious for turning off cameras when they beat people and plant evidence, distributes a letter on department letterhead making racist comments and threatening a particular officer.

Seems legit.

I guess it wouldn't occur to this racist officer to try to plant evidence to frame the target, or just do something to the target without warning. It was very considerate of this racist officer to warn the potential target, and alert everyone to the danger that the target faces.

I certainly hope if someone intends to harm me they send a letter with the letterhead of the company they work for to the local police department to give them a heads up.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That was why I said "If". Covering all bases for those that may try and claim I was being bias by not looking at all suspects, including Higgins. (You never know with a conspiracy site. LOL)

That was why I said a long shot, the original video clearly show Higgins launching a kick, but making up other stuff as a kind of scenario doesn't make much sense in the aftermath. Higgins got off officially, if there are those who don't like that, those feelings are not going to change much anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That was why I said a long shot, the original video clearly show Higgins launching a kick, but making up other stuff as a kind of scenario doesn't make much sense in the aftermath. Higgins got off officially, if there are those who don't like that, those feelings are not going to change much anyway.

Most definitely agreed. No matter what, I do hope they determine who typed out these letters.

2nd

top topics

join