It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Anime recommendations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
Attack on titan is my vote too.
I liked it so much I read the manga and for it's gets more political in season 2

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
a reply to: American-philosopher

Claymore is one of my favs!!
Along the same lines of swords and drama id look into beserk its pretty alsome and I know ya like!!!

Another goodie is trigun....

if ya like deadman (ok other than a typical whiny main character lol) watch elfin first ep ever....

also agree on gundam recomendations.....long time fan here. just say if your gonna start on em start from present to 00, seed, seed destiny. ..the old ones definitely have the whole hoaky animation factor going on and may be a turn off if your just starting in (:

Ill keep an eye on this one!! Just finished steins gate and looking for a new one myself! !!! If anymore come to mind ill update!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
Initial d - best racing anime -makes you wanna get an 86 and drift
Ninja scroll-bad ass ninja movie from way back
Fist of the North Star- oldie but a goodie
Berserk- bloody gory awesome
Kenichi the mightiest deciple

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
I liked Karas and you can get it as full length movies

Trigun was a hoot

Like the new Helsing way better than the original thirteen episodes

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM

originally posted by: Roxxo
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

We will have to agree to disagree. I will say I was being somewhat facetious and overly harsh with my review.

It is an interesting premise and the Titans were pretty cool I'll give you that. I just didn't like it. I might check out the subtitled version sometime, as they are usually better than dubs.

I should also note that, barring Cowboy Bebop, I didn't really like any of the other anime series you mentioned either. Frankly, I'm not really a big anime fan. There are some series that I like and whoooole lot that I don't.

I agree with you again! I'm also not a huuuuge fan if anime, but I do absolutely love some shows out there. I usually don't watch the Japanese version of any show, I just don't feel like reading subtitles, I always end up focusing on that more and miss the show. However, I watched two episodes of AoT in English and had to stop. It's much better in Japanese. There's still a lot of unneeded filler BS, but it's much better.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM

Sword art online. Very awesome.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:01 AM
Boku no Pico.

Am I the first to say it? Please tell me I'm the first to say it!
Haven't seen it myself but that's the Anime everyone recommends when asked this question.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
a reply to: Bybyots

the 2010 theatrical version of Berserk? No I have not

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
a reply to: Roxxo

Gungrave is awesome! I forgot about that I should watch that again. Its the two friends in this mob right? kind of like a naruto Sauske story?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
I have been watching Guilty Crown, Deadman Wonderland (as you mentioned), and Darker than Black. I also just started Psycho-Pass. I watched Steins;Gate a while back too. I liked all of them - Of the choices, I would choose Darker than Black. Bones Studio, Awesome story, great animation and cool powers given to people by a type of supernatural event over two parts of the world. I would highly recommend any of these but Darker than Black takes the cake for me.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:32 PM
a reply to: Blinkydoo

I might have to check out this guilty crown, And yeah darker then black is good.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:33 PM
Nobodies mentioned Slayers yet?? whats going on.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM

Guilty Crown gets a lot of flack for some plot holes in the story and the limited "action" sequences but, for me, the visuals and story that is there is all great, besides that is is visually stunning, great English dub, interesting locale etc. I recommend Steins;Gate to anyone who loves conspiracy - the main character is a bit of a conspiracy lover but it portrays him a little unstable in his belief in them. It does touch on stories such as John Titor and the world line theory/story he gave the world. It is another I highly suggest.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention Code Geass, can't believe that one slipped my mind - a masked hero, conspiracies, evil empires and companies, betrayals, and the loyalties of an army following a man they do not know as well as a healthy dose of mythology can't go wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM

Haven't seen that yet but it is on my extensive list.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
Try Seven Deadly Sins.

or Berserk. This has an extremly rich storyline and has been remade into 3 digital movies.
I recommend watching the series 1st as the movies are shorter timewise so you miss out on character build.
But Guts.....the 100 man slayer scene is freakin awesome.

Fate Stay Night is another good one but i have only seen the 1st series. Think theres a 2nd plus movies.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
Well, I'm more familiar with Manga than anime. You can find almost all English-translated manga in ZingBox manga reader app, strongly recommend. As to anime, sorry for not knowing too much.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM

I'm going to give you a mix of old and new in no particular order (I generally read manga though, not watch anime):
A Certain Kind of Railgun
A Certain Kind of Index
Tokyo: Ghoul
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Akame Ga Kill
Ninja Scroll
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note
Flame of Recca (manga is better than anime though)
Rosario + Vampire (again manga is better)
edit on 13-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>