It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Anime recommendations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:03 PM
I just finished Bleach (I know late) and I wanted to try and get ideas on new or other anime's that are out there that might be good.

If I could get into something with a mix of Claymore and Deadman wonderland that would be good.

Something where there grit and grinding their way from the bottom and going to the top and fighting everybody that gets in there way I could get into something like that.

Does anyone have any good anime to recommend?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
a reply to: American-philosopher

Try out Evangelion Neon Genesis, and also Death-Note.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM

Noir was good, but I watched it many years ago. Its hard to find the English-Dubbed episodes.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
Dragon ball
Original Pokemon
Ergo proxy
Gundam wing
Gurren Laagan
Air gear
Sailor moon.
I could keep going...

I really enjoyed Eureka Seven, Fruits basket, Cowboy bebop and Initial D
edit on 26/2/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM

Stuff that I've liked and I thought were good.

The Ghost in the Shell movies and TV series.
Especially Ghost in the Shell: SAC. (Stand Alone Complex) along with the 2nd Gig of SAC. If you like cyberpunk it's great.

Full Metal Alchemist.

Gundam is good. Gundam Wing being very cool.

The Robotech Series and movies.

Cowboy Beebop. series and movie.

FLCL: fooley cooley. This is a bit of an oddball series but very cool.

Here is a list of more.

There is so much to watch. get your popcorn ready.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

what is Death note about? is that about vampires?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
a reply to: Bybyots

seen it trying to get over the nightmares haha

and the night sweats

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
a reply to: AzureSky

what is initial D about?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - takes out the side stories - This series is complete
Naruto & Naruto Shippudden
Avatar: The Last Air Bender - This series is complete
Avatar: The Legend of Korra - I think This series is complete, but not sure.

I really like Naruto, the story is great, and shows Naruto overcoming the odds. I think you will like it, but I strongly urge you to start from the beginning (I know, you will, but I still need to say it), or nothing will make sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
a reply to: Skada

I am already on Shippudden thanks though

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM

Did you see the 2010 theatrical versions?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM

A Shinigami (god of death) drops his 'Death Note' on earth, because he was "Bored". If you write a name in the notebook, that person dies!

Someone picks it up, and after realizing its power, start removing all criminals from earth.

But then a huge twist in the plot, and so the suspense begins.....

It truly is a MUST WATCH!!!
edit on 26-2-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
Cowboy Bebop, I'm sure you've probably already seen it but still it's worth the recommendation as it is amazing, IMO one of, if not the best anime series ever.

Gungrave is really good and it fits with your criteria of grinding from the bottom to the top. The first half of the series is quite different from the second half.

Some people rave about Attack on Titan, I personally couldn't watch it. It was terrible. It seemed like it was written by a 12 year old. Cliche after cliche after cliche. Large quantities melodramatic nonsense. A bunch of whiny annoying characters that go on 10 minute monologues without actually saying anything important. Though a bunch of people do get eaten by giant dongless naked guys, so there's always that if you're into that sort of thing...

Trigun is pretty good, though some of my complaints about AoT apply, some cliches and the occasional dose of melodrama, but still quite good. Sadly there are no giant dongless naked guys eating people.

Afro Samurai is interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
The original "Kite" it is a very dark and emotionally complex. It is every bit as violent and brutal as it is provocative and beautiful.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
a reply to: Roxxo

I highly disagree. I've watched all of Bleach, all of Naruto and Shippuden up to it's current episode AND the movies, I've watched Gundam, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, etc. etc. etc. but I LOVED Attack On Titan! The "cliches" are what makes it amazing. The whole idea is different. The parts I loved the most were the Titans. Absolutely amazing. If a 12 year old did indeed write it, then those rave reviews will be making him money and he has a career. They don't say anything "important" because it isn't political like Fullmetal Alchemist or the Gundam shows. I finished season one in 2 days and am begging for more.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
Look into Outlaw Star. It's the only anime series I've been compelled to buy the box set for. It's about a crew who accidentally inherit a "Grapler Ship" which is a space ship, with mechanical arms. They then travel the galaxy fighting their way towards answers.
I liked Attack on Titan. That said, I fully agree about useless monologues. That, and they don't explain jack #. The second season is coming out this year though.
Death Note and Euraka 7 I both enjoyed too, Euraka 7 is a bit of an aquired taste though. I started watching it on Adult Swim because there was nothing else to watch but ended up getting into it and enjoying it. I love me some giant robots.
Gundam, especially Gundam Wing and it's movies, I have always loved, more giant robots.
Evangelion also awesome, even more giant robots. Sorta.
Full Metal Alchemist, if you some how haven't seen it, is one of my favorite shows of all time. I like the original series a little more than Brotherhood. It has a more serius tone. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is a sort of reboot/reimagining of the original series. There's also a good movie that takes place after the original.
I liked FLCL too, but as stated, it's a very odd ball show, very strange but worth checking out.
Cowboy Beebop is another great one.
edit on 2 26 2015 by MDpvc because: Typos

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
Oh hey,

What about this Captain Harlock: Space Pirate thing?

I really enjoyed the animation and the giant scale of the space-battleships. It's on NetFlix.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:57 PM
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

We will have to agree to disagree. I will say I was being somewhat facetious and overly harsh with my review.

It is an interesting premise and the Titans were pretty cool I'll give you that. I just didn't like it. I might check out the subtitled version sometime, as they are usually better than dubs.

I should also note that, barring Cowboy Bebop, I didn't really like any of the other anime series you mentioned either. Frankly, I'm not really a big anime fan. There are some series that I like and whoooole lot that I don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
a reply to: Roxxo

I lived with a friend for a short time last summer and she had this Titan show on one night when I got home, and I watched a couple episodes. I'd have to agree with your sentiments, but then again I haven't gone out of my way to watch anime since I was a kid.

Also, 'dongless'? Haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>