It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Savile 'abused 63 people at Stoke Mandeville Hospital'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Jimmy Savile abused 63 people connected to Stoke Mandeville Hospital, but the one formal complaint made was ignored, an independent report has found.

It found Savile's reputation as a "sex pest" was an "open secret" among some staff - but allegations probably did not reach managers.

The formal complaint - made in 1977 by an 11-year-old girl's father - should have been reported to police, it added.

A separate report said "elements of the Savile story" could happen again.

The Stoke Mandeville report said the victims, abused from 1968-92, were aged eight to 40.

Sexual abuse by Savile ranged from inappropriate touching to rape - including the rape of children under the age of 12.

The report found:

Savile had "virtually unrestricted access" to clinical areas and patients during the 1970s and 80s
several sex abuse claims were made against him from 1972-85, to different staff members, but only one was a "formal complaint"
that a complaint by a father "should have led to Savile's suspension from the hospital and a formal police report being made"
there was probably no "hospital-wide intelligence" on Savile
information known to junior staff and middle managers was "probably filtered out" before reaching senior managers
over the past 40 years Stoke Mandeville had employed three doctors who had "subsequently been convicted of sex crimes against patients"

Source

IMO, this seems to be a cleaning up exercise to protect "management" of the hospital. Essentially blaming the lower level staff of not reporting the complaints to their superiors. Im not buying it for one second, I have heard testimony from nurses that did make complaints to their superiors, but nothing was ever done about it.

That aside, my question is this..

With all these complaints and knowledge of Savile being a sexual predator being "general knowledge among the staff" that would warn patients that felt uncomfortable by him to pretend to be asleep, to avoid his advances, then how in the hell did the secret service not pick it up when he was vetted for access to not only Margaret Thatchers house for Christmas dinner, but also into the very heart of the royal family, and also to become a Papal Knight.

This is a very important question in my opinion.
Either way it is damning for the British secret service.
If they failed to find out what was "general knowledge" among the staff at Stoke Mandeville, or with the staff of the BBC, then are they fit for purpose.
And if they did find out, then what the hell was he doing at the heart of the royal family? And the Prime Ministers house for Christmas dinner?

Now I have heard testimony that MI5 and special branch were actively covering up the Geoffrey Dickens dossier, and also Elm Guest House.
The testimony was provided by Chris Fay, who was warned off by special branch and had a gun held to his head, to stop him from pursuing his investigation of Elm Guest House.

This all adds fuel to the speculation that the very highest levels of our society are actively covering up one of the most disgusting crimes of our times, and are possibly taking part themselves.

What say you?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The SOB was a royal procurror for the" nobility"
There are many notorious pedophiles in Britains high places past and present......
The abuse of children seems to be a well liked pastime for the "upper crust"
It would be a dream come true to see complete transparency before the people.....
But it would take a revolution to bring that about.....
Unfortunately Britons were disarmed long ago, and common law is now a joke.......
Absent the guts to confront the authorities stranglehold on information we cannot ever know how deep this goes, but I suspect its a far deeper rabit hole....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yep.

That's showbiz.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The SOB was a royal procurror for the" nobility"
There are many notorious pedophiles in Britains high places past and present......
The abuse of children seems to be a well liked pastime for the "upper crust"
It would be a dream come true to see complete transparency before the people.....
But it would take a revolution to bring that about.....
Unfortunately Britons were disarmed long ago, and common law is now a joke.......
Absent the guts to confront the authorities stranglehold on information we cannot ever know how deep this goes, but I suspect its a far deeper rabit hole....

As has been claimed many times, and which I think is a very distinct possibility.
Apparently Savile procured kids for Ted Heath from Haute De La Garenne.

The thing is proof.

Which is why I raise my question, and why I think its a VERY inportant question that needs an answer.

It would show either complicity, or total ineptitude beyond the realms of humour.
edit on 20152America/Chicago02pm2pmThu, 26 Feb 2015 12:30:25 -06000215 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Behave, the US seems to be a right tyranical place with all the police killings, forced GMO food, and everything else I read on ATS...don't see your armed rebellion gaining much support.
Face it you're all controlled as much as we are, but we get hit with batons or tazed while you guys get shot dead.
#ing gun rights issues being brought into a Saville paedo thread, really? FFS.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
#ing gun rights issues being brought into a Saville paedo thread, really? FFS.

A point well made.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No words to describe without breaking T&C. Though, will say this: The staff, superiors, etc., that knew about it but let him do this a) involved b) paid off c) some scared. Guess they will never be held accountable either by the wrapped up establishment. But hey it's out there now, better man up to your conscience guilty people. These days with leaks of info, you may be better off to admit it now or be destroyed later on.
edit on 26-2-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

The time frame for all his actions might help out in a way. Back then, everything was done on paper, and anything important was done with carbon paper duplicates. All it would take is one report to be verified it made it to the management in order to discredit their stories.

I think eventually, the truth will find it's way to the surface.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No offence intended.....its just part and parcel of the situation......id say Britons were disarmed in far more than just guns.....as we are disarmed with similar tactics guns or no....

Looks like David Icke had this pegged long ago....The greatest Secret has been out a while....no lawsuits to date.....
And he named names too.....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
He was also a security advisor to the Israeli Government in the 1960's, how the hell did that happen?

Anyway, I'm sure there are many more cases where he was involved, but it's all a little too late now isn't it? When the allegations were initially made, he was afforded protection by the establishment. Very much like the Westminster child abuse cases, no movement, no arrests.

We will probably have to wait to all the depraved sick Bastards are dead, before we find out the truth. Even then it will probably not expose just how Big this whole sordid business is.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: OneManArmy

The time frame for all his actions might help out in a way. Back then, everything was done on paper, and anything important was done with carbon paper duplicates. All it would take is one report to be verified it made it to the management in order to discredit their stories.

I think eventually, the truth will find it's way to the surface.

Oh yes, the truth will always out.
But often not before its already too late, and the perpetrators go to their graves.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
He was also a security advisor to the Israeli Government in the 1960's, how the hell did that happen?

Anyway, I'm sure there are many more cases where he was involved, but it's all a little too late now isn't it? When the allegations were initially made, he was afforded protection by the establishment. Very much like the Westminster child abuse cases, no movement, no arrests.

We will probably have to wait to all the depraved sick Bastards are dead, before we find out the truth. Even then it will probably not expose just how Big this whole sordid business is.

On the positive, the whole idea of elite paedophile rings is no longer a conspiracy "theory".

We can now at least acknowledge that there really are some very sick people in very high places, making up laws and telling us not to smoke in public, all the while they abuse and murder children for their own perverted fantasies.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
No worries.
You could well be right about Icke, certainly about the abuse, not sure about some of his other stuff though.
I see lower level folk getting prosecuted for sure, but if it goes as high as I imagine then those at the top will always be safe...it is why they are at the top. Anyone high enough to be a whistleblower will probably be involved or have some other hold over them to keep them in line.
No different to any other high powered gang.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsandAnyone high enough to be a whistleblower will probably be involved or have some other hold over them to keep them in line.
No different to any other high powered gang.

Im of the opinion that the world is owned and controlled by gangsters. A global network of international "mafias", where those with the biggest stick, run things. I also think that maybe thats the way it has always been.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I doubt it, those files will have been shredded years ago.
I personally destroyed loads of stuff in the 90's when access to government files was about to be introduced for citizens, it was a true conspiracy which the public knew nothing about.
ANYTHING unsubstantiated, unverifiable, or opinion based was shredded, and replaced with unofficial 'yellow sticky' notes for 'information purposes'.
I authored a thread:
Who else shredded govt dept files on UK citizens before the 1994 Access to Information code?
...it wasn't very popular though lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think you are right on...Even the Queen of Englands fortune is based on the Chinese Opium wars....
The facts seem to indicate that those with immense fortunes...inherited or not...have benefitted from huge criminal enterprises somewhere in their past.......
For starters I think billionaires need a haircut.....just like Greeces ....
Nobles need to be abolished and hereditary titles eliminated.....
Royalty should just be hung....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think you are right on...Even the Queen of Englands fortune is based on the Chinese Opium wars....
The facts seem to indicate that those with immense fortunes...inherited or not...have benefitted from huge criminal enterprises somewhere in their past.......
For starters I think billionaires need a haircut.....just like Greeces ....
Nobles need to be abolished and hereditary titles eliminated.....
Royalty should just be hung....

Yes when 80 people have half the worlds wealth, its time for change.
It really is.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Saville tip of the iceberg the rest is covered by an ocean of secrecy and cover up!
His game is one of the elite classes!
There all at it!
Pedomaniacs!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Saville tip of the iceberg the rest is covered by an ocean of secrecy and cover up!
His game is one of the elite classes!
There all at it!
Pedomaniacs!!

Yes indeed, which is why we need to keep pushing for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
I doubt it would ever be forthcoming, which is why persistence is key.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think it's troubling to say the least that even the report outing Saville as a horrendous sexual predator uses language like "sex pest". Wordage such as this likely stems from statements by hospital employees. When even health professionals are squeamish about saying that a celebrity is a sexual predator after he's been deemed one, and don't want to stir the pot before the fact is out in the open, we can see how deeply society has been damaged by the perceived status of celebrities and people of so called high status.

ETA: unless "sex pest" is a term widely known to denote serious pedophiles in the UK that I just don't understand as a Canadian.
edit on 26-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Clarity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join