It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Held for hours at secret Chicago 'black site': 'You're a hostage. It's kidnapping'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I found this via MSN.com. It is from the British guardian newspaper.

Held for hours at secret Chicago 'black site'

A woman who says she was shackled to a bench within Chicago’s secretive interrogation facility for 18 hours before being permitted access to a lawyer described the ordeal as being “held hostage’’ in the police compound that has been likened to a CIA black site.

Related: The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'

Vic Suter, a protester arrested before the 2012 Nato summit in Chicago, has told the Guardian about her experience of being detained inside Homan Square, a warehouse where multiple detainees allege they have been unable to contact legal counsel. Suter described a situation in which she was neither booked nor permitted a phone call – in defiance both of Chicago police procedures and a statement by police on Tuesday attempting to deny the Guardian’s reporting.

Here the DOJ is threatening the Ferguson Mo police force with unethical treatment of the community, while there has been no mention of an investigation of the Chicago Police Department. I guess it is good to have friends in high places.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Search functions are fun!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks Shamrock6. I missed that. Please close down thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb
Well I think its legal as its in a different forum section but mods will decide.....
meanwhile a star and flag for posting this egregious behavior of the police.....
Somebody funded this detention center...just who is unclear atm, but I hope those responsible do see the light of being outed to the public....
Wheres the money coming from?
That will speak volumes....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

No problem. It'll probably be fine as it's different source material, so a slightly different take on it.

Just noticed the same names and incidents in both sources is all.

If it is as it's alleged to be, it's a travesty regardless.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This needs in depth researching....
Questions come to mind....
Who pays the bills for this?
How bloody long has it gone on?
Just how badly were detainees treated?
Who authorized this?
Are there even more sites like it?
Where are the investigative journalists with the guts to take this further?
And lastly why aren't the American peoples standing up and shouting for justice?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Already Posted Here

Closing

Semper

ETA
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Thu Feb 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join