It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Can't Be Seen from Outer Space

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Amazing dedication to this thread...this is the ONLY thread you have ever posted to

You know what arouse my suspicion? The fact that you agree with GaryN. Its almost unprecedented that a thread has no other people siding with it. But here we are. Even Flat earth threads have one or 2 people agreeing with the Op.

- take care not to stay forever surprised by this!
- to be honest I did not ever went further this page
- thanks however for paying attention to my post

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots

Apparently, here is his obituary: Bahram Katirai.

I got the URL from Google Books.

He died in 2010.

He was born and went to high school in Iran, then moved to Canada. He was a teacher of the Baha'i Faith. (That reminds me of Marko Rodin.)

Regarding the Baha'i Faith:

He held the conviction that within the writings of the Faith lay not only the blueprint for the spiritual and social advancement of humanity, but also hidden gems in the realm of science and the arts. His efforts to correlate the Baha'i teachings with questions in science may well prove to be of great significance to future scientists and Baha'i scholars.

Memory of Bahram Katirai

My search results for Bahram Katirai brought up a Reuters Investigates – Assets of the Ayatollah article. It turned out to be about a different Baha’i with the last name of “Katirai.”

The article, “Khamenei controls massive financial empire built on property seizures,” mentions Baha’i properties, and a listed “Related Item” is “Minority report: Why Baha’is face persecution in Iran." Here is the link: Khamenei controls massive financial empire built on property seizures.

Maybe Bahram Katirai’s death is somehow related to his being a Baha’I, who additionally, was seriously challenging the status quo in the world of mainstream science and technology – the science and technology of vested interests.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

He was also the author of Revolution in Physics.

Yes, I read that one too, I bought the book, excellent. He was a very smart man, and of course Iran had a lot of very smart people throughout history, they lead the world in science, astronomy, architecture, many fields, including philosophy and poetry (Rumi for example), and they were a spiritual people too. I wondered about trying to contact his family, not to be nosy about how he died, but to to ask if he had any friends that may have been involved with his research, and if there may have been other unfinished books. Haven't yet.

a reply to: 3danimator2014 Why is it that you are commenting on a member instead of on an issue?

He doesn't understand the message, or pretends not to, so attacks the messenger, and is a disinfo guy, maybe. Hard to tell who's who on the Internet, that's one of the down sides.
Most likely he, like many others, is just the victim of the present day corporate education system.

@choos

but it would be visible to sensors designed to image IR wouldnt it??

Most likely not. The best place for imaging IR is at about 40,00 ft it seems, which is why they use the SOFIA scope at that altitude, but most of the images are not available, and the contractor has no obligation to make them available, ever. The atmosphere creates the IR. If IR cameras worked in space then surely they should have a BIPH out there, show us what the heavens look like in IR. Of course NASA will never performs scientific experiments like that.
www.nightvisionastronomy.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
Most likely not. The best place for imaging IR is at about 40,00 ft it seems, which is why they use the SOFIA scope at that altitude,

They use SOFIA at that altitude, because the 747 has a service ceiling of 45,000 feet, but to get to that altitude they have to be pretty light. SOFIA is anything but light with that telescope on board, so 40,000 feet is pushing its upper limit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, perhaps it is as high as they can go, but I suspect it is also a "sweet spot" where the atmospheric conditions increase the IR light available. The conditions at visible wavelengths from that altitude seem pretty good, who needs a telescope? (this was from KAO)
mainweb-v.musc.edu...

mainweb-v.musc.edu...

So why couldn't the Apollo boys get such images?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

Higher altitudes give better images because there's less atmosphere to image through. There is no "sweet spot". It would be even better if they could get higher.

Apollo didn't carry a 16" infrared telescope like the C-141 did.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Higher altitudes give better images because there's less atmosphere to image through. There is no "sweet spot". It would be even better if they could get higher.

Apollo didn't carry a 16" infrared telescope like the C-141 did.

The cameras were not looking through the telescope.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Some were from the telescope, some were using IR film, and all were using filters and other techniques not available with the cameras on Apollo. At least one set of pictures used a 58mm lens designed for low light photography.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Most likely not. The best place for imaging IR is at about 40,00 ft it seems, which is why they use the SOFIA scope at that altitude, but most of the images are not available, and the contractor has no obligation to make them available, ever. The atmosphere creates the IR. If IR cameras worked in space then surely they should have a BIPH out there, show us what the heavens look like in IR. Of course NASA will never performs scientific experiments like that.
www.nightvisionastronomy.com...

most likely not?? why only most likely?? surely such convictions are more then just a guess??

so IR telescopes dont work in space....

someone forgot to tell that to the Herschel Space Observatory that was working at the L2 point or do you want to claim that earths atmosphere extends upto the L2 point also??

here is one easy to find example of an IR telescope working in space

By ESA and the PACS, SPIRE & HSC Consortia - herschel..., Public Domain, commons.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nope, you are looking at the G324 unit, which never got to look into space, ever. Surprise ,surprise. They did let it look at Earth though.

The G324 payload never got a chance to photograph Comet Halley. It was already at the Kennedy Space Center to be loaded on an upcoming flight when the January 28, 1986 Challenger Launch tragedy grounded the shuttle fleet until long after Comet Halley had left the sky. The payload later flew to photograph the Earth . The CAN DO Team went instead to New Zealand to photograph Comet Halley from the stratosphere.

From KAO they had just plain old cameras, off-the-shelf film, no filters, cheaper lenses than the ones the Apollo missions used.
www3.telus.net...

I Conversed with the main dude for the photography, the telescope did not take pictures.

Although the website is no longer updated, as it happens I designed the camera set-up and participated in all 43 flights on the KAO. Perhaps I can be of help.
Regards,
James

And he did indeed help.

..If you looked through the window into the telescope cavity it appeared to be jumping all over but, of course, what you were seeing was the aircraft moving around the stable telescope. The problem was that the telescope was allowed to rotate around the target since it was gathering spectral data, not making an image.

The cameras took pictures, with film, and were unheated.

The cameras, in this case F3T titanium body cameras worked perfectly as did regular F3s on other flights. The film would be very brittle at this temperature so the cameras were always unloaded in a changing bag, although the film broke only once when an incorrectly set counter let it get yanked at the end.

We still have the log books so we can give the exposure/film/focal length for every image if anyone is curious.

Anyone curious? If so, you can get them yourself, you wouldn't believe what I told you of course.

@choos

Again, you are confused by what specially designed, complex instruments can detect. It is not a camera with conventional optics. Lets see the raw data, not the NASA eye candy, you wouldn't be too impressed.
Herschel's instruments
herschel.cf.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

@choos

Again, you are confused by what specially designed, complex instruments can detect. It is not a camera with conventional optics. Lets see the raw data, not the NASA eye candy, you wouldn't be too impressed.
Herschel's instruments
herschel.cf.ac.uk...

i think you are confused with what i am showing you.. even on earth you would need specially designed camera to image IR no is claiming that a regular camera designed to image visual light is taking photos of IR..

was IR imaged by Herschel space observatory at the L2 point?

you asked for an image of IR in deep space.. you claimed the "sweet spot" to image IR was at 40,000 feet.. this one image is in 3 different wavelengths within IR and at the L2 point way way beyond your "sweet spot" of which you claimed there is no IR..

so again back to the sun, any proof from YOU that the sun does not emit visible light? we know for a fact that it emits UV and IR. why is there a magical hole in the sun's spectrum in your "reality"
edit on 25-6-2016 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Anyone curious? If so, you can get them yourself, you wouldn't believe what I told you of course.

Touché.

AKA hang in there!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

How much trouble would it be for you to start your sentences with a capital letter?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

Not very difficult, but such a change of habit hmmm I wonder if its worth it..

oh and btw:

Why is it that you are commenting on a member instead of on an issue?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

I'm not commenting on a member, I was asking you a question, and I got the answer, shouted loud and clear, for all the world to read.

Carry on!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Speaking of infrared astronomy, WISE photographed the whole sky in near-IR, looking directly away from Earth.

Here's WISE imagery of the Pleiades I just created using data at skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Speaking of infrared astronomy, WISE photographed the whole sky in near-IR, looking directly away from Earth.

Lovely. When you can show me an image from a D4x looking directly away from Earth from the ISS, let me know.
And here is a vid of the view from the cupola showing that from any of the cupola windows all you get to see is the Earth and a band of atmosphere around the Earth.
www.dpreview.com...
They really should have put a window facing away from Earth. Well, the Russians have many windows, surely one of them looks away from Earth, but they never talk about them, tell us what is visible out of them, or take pictures of the stars. Maybe Window 11 is the Space Obervatory window, or maybe where they go to get some Sun now and again? The whole affair is a big joke, and nobody gets it.

Zvezda has 14 windows[6]— There are two 9-inch-diameter (230 mm) windows, one in each of the two crew sleep compartments (windows No. 1 and 2). Six 9-inch-diameter (230 mm) windows (No. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8) on the forward Transfer Compartment earth facing floor. As well a 16-inch-diameter (410 mm) window in the main Working Compartment (No. 9) and one 3-inch-diameter (76 mm) window in the aft transfer compartment (No. 10). There are a further three 9-inch-diameter (230 mm) windows in the forward end of the forward transfer compartment (No. 12, 13 and 14), for observing approaching craft. Note: Window No. 11 is unaccounted for in all available sources.

Logic is dead. Long live BS.

Looks like a good NASA motto!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: wildespace
And here is a vid of the view from the cupola showing that from any of the cupola windows all you get to see is the Earth and a band of atmosphere around the Earth.

This photo proves otherwise:

The Cupola provides good sideways views, and with a wide-angle lens, you get to see deep space out to about 45 degrees from the Earth's limb.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You mean like the logic that NASA is somehow able to prevent everyone around the world from releasing your Revelation?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You mean like the logic that NASA is somehow able to prevent everyone around the world from releasing your Revelation?

Only NASA has access to space, and only when they allow the scientific method to be followed in space can the truth ever be known. I'll stick with Armstrongs powers of observation as the truth until proven otherwise by independently verifiable experiments. I don't care if everyone else in the world believes the deceptions of NASA, I won't without scientific proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join