It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Can't Be Seen from Outer Space

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

The sun can be seen from space. The sun is a star. Therefore stars can be seen from space. Logical fail from the OP. But enjoy your delusions!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

The sun can be seen from space. The sun is a star. Therefore stars can be seen from space. Logical fail from the OP. But enjoy your delusions!

You do know that GaryN I'd the only one who actually believes stars can't be seem from safe right? The rest are here for entertainment (at this stage) purposes

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I think you are probably right. One mans delusion is another mans fact... hence conspiracy theories...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think you are probably right. One mans delusion is another mans fact... hence conspiracy theories...

I really don't think anyone other than him believes this. Even here on ATS he's alone with this belief.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't think even he believes this! Some people just want to have alternative views points.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't think even he believes this! Some people just want to have alternative views points.

Very good point. And an opinion i now remember I also reached after 30 pages.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This article is either crap, or this picture of stars from the space shuttle is completely fake- either way something is being faked somewhere.

www.google.com... Fwww.abovetopsecret.com%25252Fforum%25252Fthread463004%25252Fpg1&source=iu&pf=m&fir=gBAgKMkAeFEQaM%253A%252CGGeu-BrMfsnTmM%252C_&usg=__ueMgqcEG4EnEi0J 9_20CNEZIiE4%3D&biw=1525&bih=706&dpr=0.9&ved=0ahUKEwjIvpG2jf7MAhVB8GMKHYaLDqcQyjcINg&ei=E0JKV4jpN8HgjwOGl7q4Cg#imgrc=gBAgKMkAeFEQaM%3A

You mean that night-time Shuttle photo posted here? www.abovetopsecret.com...

GaryN's argument about these kind of images is that they were taken looking sideways through the Earth's atmosphere. (even though in the photo the atmosphere is far below - as indicated by the thin layer of airglow - and you can see stars bright and clear for something like 30 or 40 degrees up)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
GaryN's arguments are akin to the ultra religious. No matter what evidence you present you'll always be wrong...

It's kinda sad but we have to accept it!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yeah, but he also says that the Sun and Moon(the sunlight reflecting off of the Moon) can't be seen from space, either.

edit on 5/29/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
where do the stars go ?

thanks for the laugh, lol

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sadang
- GaryN it seems you have to start again from beginning with explanations for Saint Exupery. you still have resources and patience for this?

No, I don't think I'll waste any more time here. I can only point out what NASA has not shown us over the years, images that should have been available from the Apollo missions but are still not available. The Sun is the obvious elephant NOT in the room. Not a single photo of the Sun from cislunar space, or even from Lunar orbit. The astronauts never talk about it either. This should be the most obvious fact, but very few will ever realise it.
Even the pictures of the Moon from Apollo should raise questions, why is it so small and dark, when from Earth it can look so big and bright?
www.lpi.usra.edu...
And by eye the Moon would have appeared even smaller, as they were using a 60 mm lens, 70 mm film. How far they were from the Moon when the image was taken is unknown.
Here is an eclipse seen from space, but you never see the Sun just hanging in empty space as we do the dim Moon and Earth.
www.lpi.usra.edu...
The Sun through Earths atmosphere. It is not visible unless there is sufficient matter between the observer and the observed, just how obvious can it be?
www.lpi.usra.edu...
And if we can not see our own star from empty space, how is it possible to see all the other points of light that they assure us are stars, but can not prove?
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." Abraham Lincoln
Well, NASA doesn't fool me at all, I got their number!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

Is this enough sun for you.

Apollo 11 sun

The Hasselblad film backs even had the settings to use based on sun position.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
And if we can not see our own star from empty space, how is it possible to see all the other points of light that they assure us are stars, but can not prove?

heres a video of a bowling ball and a few feathers dropped inside a vacuum chamber while in a vacuum.

but we can still see everything...

youtu.be...

so a camera inside a vacuum can capture light but a camera in cis-lunar space cant capture light is your claim?

and since cis-lunar space is almost a perfect vacuum, and the vacuum chamber is a near perfect vacuum what you are basically claiming is that a camera can both capture light from light sources and cannot capture light from light sources while in a near perfect vacuum.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I see that focal length and exposure are still a mistery to you. How big or bright something appears in a photo is completely due to those factors.
Here's a nice Hasselblad photo of the Moon from cislunar space, looking big and bright enough: www.hq.nasa.gov...

How were the Apollo astronauts able to see it? How were they able to photograph it on regular film with a regular camera?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Is this enough sun for you.

Apollo 11 sun

Sorry to say, but the Sun in that photo is fake. It's not even a single photo, but rather a mosaic of several separate photos:

But the Sun in space has appeared in many a photo...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Thanks for that, I was trying to wrap my head around how film in direct sunlight could take a picture with such good contrast.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

originally posted by: sadang
Well, NASA doesn't fool me at all, I got their number!

You sure do buddy, you sure do.

gently pats GaryN on the back
edit on 30-5-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thanks for that got a link to the image so posted it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But the Sun in space has appeared in many a photo...

So, we have photos of the Sun from Earths surface, photos from low Earth orbit, and we have photos of the Sun from the Lunar surface. The guys like taking photos. What we don't have is a photo of the Sun from cislunar space, or a photo of the Sun from Lunar orbit. So those fine cameras the Apollo boys had were quite capable of photographing the Sun, what puzzles me is why they would not take photos while they spent days in cislunar space, or from Lunar orbit? If anyone can come up with a reason why they didn't, let's hear it, I could use a good laugh.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join