It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just watched my first American tv commercial for medicene. WOW.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had heard that there was a lot of medicene adverts and that they have to state certain things to comply with regulations but it was about 20 seconds of advert and then about 45 seconds of someone reading what seemed to be the whole information leaflet?

It went on for so long that I could not even remember what it was for never mind what it was called.

I feel for you guys if thats what you have to put up with every 7 minutes.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

They are horrific! I always mute the TV during commercials and look away. We are bombarded with this crap! It's no wonder so many people take meds. They sell them like cars, shoes or toys.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks, pal. It won't be long before our shows are relegated to a strip on the bottom of the screen that plays the show while advertisements run full time, full screen. Yikes. a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I can believe it, I was watching something the other day and with all the logo's adverts for other shows, tweets and stuff you could barely see what was going on.

Also why does American tv recap after every commercial? how poor is short term memory over there?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If you listen to the possible side effects of the drug, you would think it's poison! It's enough to scare you away from taking the medication. As for all the commercials, they should be paying us a royalty for allowing them to advertise in the privacy of our homes. I buy the satellite service not the commercials and infomercials that go along with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

One of the biggest problems in this country is that our country is one of two countries in the entire world that allows DTC advertising in the pharmaceutical industry. Why think the tv and pharmaceutical companies know better than our doctors is beyond me.

www.who.int...

This activity should be criminal and is a large reason why America has become so drugged up.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

wait till you see the boner pill ads. some of the new one are... well i just let you see for yourself.

edit on 26-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We get those ads in Canada too (only on American channels).
It's mind boggling that they're allowed to advertise prescription medicine that way in the US.

Have you noticed how cheerfully they go through the long list of nasty side effects?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Like psoriassis medicine that has FATAL possible side effects?
Yeah great TV.
WAIT until you see some REALITY TV ...try not to lose faith in humanity though,these people aren't at all like most of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
another thing that gets me is right after you see one, a lawyers ad for joint law suits comes on asking if you or some you love have been hurt taking, or using the stuff.
edit on 26-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I was litterally gobsmacked.

At one point the lady said something like "inform your doctor if you have type 2 diabetes" WTF surely your doctor would know?

Also if you tell your doctor what medicene you want to take then what is the point of the docor?

Madness.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I dont' have cable anymore but I remember them reading the side effects off like an auctioneer! It is crazy!!

The pamphlets they give you when you get your meds is like a book! I asked for the inserts for my sons vaccines and OMG they are INSANE! Full or warnings and ingredients. I was curious and they looked at me like i Was nuts when I asked for it.

Yea I try not to read those booklets or I wouldn't take any of my meds. I take a few that I need and the rest are holistic but the regular ones for example Prozac one of the side effects was anorexia! I was like WTF! It's because it gives you no appetite. I have gone an entire day without eating and not even paying attention til nighttime and my little one is in bed and I've realized i haven't eaten all day! I have gotten better. I make sure I have lunch when he goes down instead of cleaning or doing other things. I would just get busy and have no hunger pains, nothing.

My other meds are for my back and I only take those as need and the only side effect I have now for one is it knocks me out! They switched manufactures and I don't like it. I"m trying to get the old one back because I can't take it if my son is up! It's a muscle relaxer for back spasms. I don't always get them but when I do that pill helped and the previous ones didn't knock me out!! The new one I HATE!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Get a mood adjustment from your local technocrat. Side effects may include rectal bleeding and sudden death.

At the same time we hear about how vitamin supplements make us less healthy.

Vitamins don't kill. Deaths from overdose, mistakes and known side effects kill 100k/yr. source

As always, follow the money. And by the way...turn off the TV.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Listen to the part where they talk about known side effects. "May cause constipation, profuse sweating, liver damage, renal failure, etc., etc., etc." I would think that if you hear a 20 second ad, and 45 seconds worth of "THIS MAY KILL YOU!!!!!" That most people would opt out of taking these sorts of medications. Not in America! Each one of those ads that I hear gives me the creeps and the chills. I only take the bare minimum of doctor prescribed medications that I NEED to stay alive.

I wish there were ads about vaccines that shared the truth about the risks of taking those shots. I suppose the reason for very few if ANY vaccine ads is because the companies figure that the doctors and pediatricians will have all the Americans covered!

All medications have risks and side effects. These "meds" have many uncomfortable side effects, up to and including death. Remember ATS, I am not a doctor, so don't take this as medical advice. If you have a medical condition, please talk to your doctor or health professional about ALL medications and their side effects, and use the doctor's wisdom and your own judgement to decide if you need the medications. Some like insulin cannot be avoided without the side effect of death and are very important!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Did you intend to give your own disclaimer at the end of your post or is that a humerous accident?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

another thing that gets me is right after you see one, a lawyers ad for joint law suits comes on asking if you or some you love have been hurt taking, or using the stuff.

Yeah, nothing like pharmaceutical drug companies fighting with lawyer commercials attacking their drugs. It's a double negative when the pharmaceutical companies have to list their drugs dangerous effects. and than attorneys are advertising lawsuits for the same drugs.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"may cause head to roll off shoulders"

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The nightly news is the worst. This is one of the reasons I don't watch the nightly news much anymore. Just about every commercial is an add for drugs. One the other night claimed to cause cancer in certain people??

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The idea of listing all the side effects is to get us used to hearing about these and we start to ignore them thinking that the side effects are not relevant and the nutjobs are making them be listed. These are real side effects, do not ignore them. Also remember these are only the known side effects and many others may be out there.

To get these drugs allowed, they are supposed to prove the cure is better than the side effects, but only certain things are required to be tested. For some these medications may be all right but for others they can cause slowly emerging problems. But don't fret, our FDA will remove these drugs in six years or so because they are found to cause other chronic problems and if you are lucky, you will be allowed to join a class action lawsuit, commercials will inform us, and get half the cost of what you spent in copay back while making these lawyers rich.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I got rid of TV.

I subscribed to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Shomi TV.

Total cost of about...55$ a month.

Thousands of hours of content. No commercials.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join