It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Home 'Disintegrated' in Gas Explosion, 15 Injured (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This has been the buzz around work today, so I decided to look it up. The couple next door owned the house and were having it renovated. They say all that was left was the foundation and luckily no one got killed.

Gas company employees were working on finding the source of the leak diagonally across from Lewis' home on Oak Ave. when the blast occurred, completely destroying one home and damaging many others. Dash cam video from a Stafford Township police cruiser shows the blast as it happened as workers and firefighters were next to the house.

Well, the first step was to get everybody out of the house. Shouldn't they have cleared the entire area? There seemed to be way more people in the immediate area than needed, but I'm no expert.

Seven gas workers were injured in the explosion, said NJ Natural Gas Spokesperson Mike Kinney. One suffered extremely critical injuries and required CPR at the scene. That man and another gas worker were medevaced to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center's Trauma Unit where they remained in critical condition, said Kinney.

Six firefighters also suffered minor injuries, most experiencing concussion-like symptoms. They were transported to Southern Ocean Medical Center. All but one were treated and released, said Stafford Twp. Volunteer Fire Chief Jack Johnson

Link

edit on 26-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Holy crap!

Surprised anyone survived that

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Saw this before.
This is what you get when you build houses out of wood.
Good ole yorkshire stone is my house even if a gas main blew I would still have the bricks and mortar.

The three little pigs spring to mind.
Oh are many houses built like this in the USA?.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I know, luckily most of them were behind vehicles so I imagine their injuries resulted from heavy debris raining down on top of them.

Good thing none of the workers were inside. There would be nothing left to identify them by.

top topics

join