It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH NOOO!,ISIS Destroys 3,000-Year-Old Mosul Museum Artifacts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
United States troops destroyed a lot more than this in Iraq, Vietnam, and many other places around the world as they went through.

"the monument men" of WW2 would say NOT. They were a small group of art historians attached to the US army that recovered 5 million works of art stolen by the NAZI's. Most taken from Museums and private collectors. Heavy hitters, Ghent Altarpiece, Michaelangelos 'Pieta", DaVincis, Rodin's, Vermeer's, Van Gogh's, Rembrandts, etc. They were found hidden within salt and copper mines in Germany. Hitler wanted all of the (genius produced) worlds greatest art for his proposed Museum (unlike ISIS wanting to destroy) he wanted to corner this market (OWN ALL OF IT IN STOLEN SPLENDOR).
edit on 26-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: vethumanbeing

LoL no doubt.
The Nazi comparison is not only fitting for the type of animal we are soon to extinguish...

But this is really, probably, the best chance to bring the Middle East together to end this s# once and for all.

Much like Europe uniting in the face of a common enemy...

This seems to be a chance for the M.E to do the same.

This could be a possible GREAT outcome (these rogues are in their front yard) if they ally, organize and do something. Imams, Sheiks, tribal leaders have to recognize they are not immune to 'CRAZY' off the rails Islamic ideology. I hope the Arab nations unite against what could be a very unusual enemy; ISLAM at/in its WORST possible incarnation interpreted and expressed by a younger generation they have no control of;(they lost their influence over their young men who are now radicalized).
edit on 26-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Very very unfortunate. Good go way to destroy history that is still being explored.

Such as, conspiracy or alien wise they destroyed Assyrian culture that can be considered Annunaki.

Guess who actually is the LIVING legacy via the Assyrian/Annunaki bloodline connection? The KURDS.
edit on 27-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

it amazes me the totality of the ignorance which runs rampant on this earth.
..to
1) grab a hammer and destroy remnants of a civilization is puny in its nature
and
2) this highlights the conflict which will never be resolved.

b

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

But nothing exists behind today. Yesterday is forgotten, tomorrow is but a dream.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Any form of religion that cannot take the heat of competition or acknowledge the past is weak and untenable. To deny humanity's history is pure paranoia,ignorance and pig-headedness. I hope they get punished for their barbarism - personally I would flog every one of these desecraters.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

wow these people are retarded. I dont have words to express how angry I am. Holly crap they are retarded.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I sorry guys....some one has to say it.

If the American Military Machine (notice I didnt say American Poeple), did not invade Iraq, kill 100s of thousands of people, kill Sadam Insane, and create chaos, pretending to stop "Weapons of Mass Destruction" which didnt exist.....then these loonies wouldnt have arisen, as Sadam would have exterminated them, before they could cause trouble..
I remember a Middle East Expert saying 15 years ago, prior to any Western offensive, that the Middle East MUST HAVE these strong dictators and leaders, because ALL of the Middle east are tribal savages that cant get along together, dont respect democracy, and need to be ruled with an iron fist.

Until another Sadam or Gadafi comes along....sponsored by the USA of course, there will be chaos in these countries.
Yes, a new Sadam will have mass killings of these mentals.....because Allah said so of course.....His Allah, not their Allah!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

They have seriously twisted that teaching to fit their narrative...

Unsurprisingly.

I wonder how many people "worshipped" these statues in this day & age?

I'm guessing Zero people...

Rather, I'd go out on a limb and say I know it's Zero people!

Idiots.

Muhammad smashed the Idols of Mecca during a time when he was being suppressed for spreading the message of Allah...

Quite different to smashing artefacts that no longer have any worship value to anybody...

Idiots.

And if people did still worship them it would somehow be ok?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Unsurprisingly.

Idiots.

Muhammad smashed the Idols of Mecca during a time when he was being suppressed for spreading the message of Allah...

Quite different to smashing artefacts that no longer have any worship value to anybody...

Idiots.

And if people did still worship them it would somehow be ok?

If those people were trying to force others to worship them & threatening violence for noncompliance, then yes!

Before you say "then really we should smash Mosques because ISIS is doing the same"...

ISIS Mosques have been targeted, as well as Shia Mosques etc...

How do you feel about ISIS's Mosques being destroyed for their actions?

Then you can answer your own question!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Agreed...apparently the core of ISIS is comprised of Baathists that the Americans scattered when they took Saddam out. Mind you, how many of these countries ruled by 'strongmen' are artificial constructs born out of European colonialism in the first place? Look at Yugoslavia once Tito was gone. Same deal.

Still, these ISIS mutants need to be dealt with in a most expedient manner.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah that sucks bigtime, stupid morons. It doesn't look good for the U.S. IN THE FUTURE, iM NOT INTO guns but I am going to get one, I wont be one of those who gets captured if they flood the U.S. I guess its easier to capture 300 people who aren't allowed to have guns. All I know is, if ISIS comes to the southeast portion of the U.S. and does something stupid , lots of them will probably get shot. Their supposed leader is scary because he is educated, the things they could easily do in the U.S. that we would never expect are freightening. My prediction, more like a premonition I had last night is that they will take over a news station and behead anchors live on tv, that would be a disaster. How is it possible they are killing all of these people from different countries and they haven't been stopped, that's what is scaring me. What if they come here, Im sure they are already here and what if our military is told to stand down for some overly politically correct reason, like the other day when they were ordered to put their guns down, I cant believe they did it. Also, with all of this going on, Obama is trying to stop the sale of certain bullets, is he scared we will be able to defend ourselves ?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Personally, I think tat the wonton destruction of antiquities should be considered a crime against humanity and the perpetrator(s) should be executed. Harsh yes, but these losses are permanent and essentially erase part of our collective culture --- which is often the intent.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
#ING ASSHOLES!!!! Will someone PLEASE bomb these pricks before they mess anything else up or hurt any more people?! Where the F is the United States Intelligence Community?! Where the F is the Chinese INtelligence Community?! Where the F is the Russian and NATO Intelligence Agencies?!

Does it not strike you as odd that no one gives a # about the ji-hadist toddlers pissing in their own sandbox?! They are RUINING HUMAN HISTORY! That's a crime against humanity!

OMG, I swear...what the #!!????!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

F Ji-Had
F Islam
F Allah
F These cave dwelling pricks!

Come on folks...as a the human race on Earth, we are responsible for one another. It's time to get rid of the kids who can't play well with others.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They do this wherever radical Islam takes hold. Remember the Buddhas in Afghanistan? The Sufi tombs in Africa? They don't see it as preserving history and heritage. It's a form of idolatry so it must all be destroyed.

And anyone who thinks that if these guys are not willing to destroy thousands of year old artifacts because of their religious beliefs and leave non-muslims alone is sickly naive.

This is now officially a plague and if Muslims want to to try and save Islam from this perversion, they need to step up now and send EVERYTHING they have at these monsters to destroy it. If they leave these barbarians to their own devices, then they too are the problem!

edit on 27-2-2015 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I do agree it is disgusting they destroy antiquities but I cannot help make this observation here....

They are beheading....ho hum
They are burying people alive....ho hum
They are burning people alive.....yawn
They are killing Christians because they are Christian.....boos mixed with applause

They are smashing sacred rocks into smaller rocks.....Up in arms that is it!!!!!!

Wow, I really don't think that is the case is it? The level of outrage at all IS/daesh actions is tremendous. This is just another big splash in an already overflowing bucket of filth. Or should there not be outrage at the destruction of cultural/ historical works? Hmmm

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I do agree it is disgusting they destroy antiquities but I cannot help make this observation here....

They are beheading....ho hum
They are burying people alive....ho hum
They are burning people alive.....yawn
They are killing Christians because they are Christian.....boos mixed with applause

They are smashing sacred rocks into smaller rocks.....Up in arms that is it!!!!!!

Wow, I really don't think that is the case is it? The level of outrage at all IS/daesh actions is tremendous. This is just another big splash in an already overflowing bucket of filth. Or should there not be outrage at the destruction of cultural/ historical works? Hmmm

Go peruse some threads around here, ISIS more often then not gets their hatred deflected to others such as the USA or Israel or gets universally called not Islamic when they are Islamic. Excuses for them are rampant around here when those other atrocities happened, especially the who cares if the victims were Christian threads.

The overall tone up to that point in this thread was off to the gallows with the lot of them for touching antiquities. Big discrepancy in reactions.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Unsurprisingly.

Idiots.

Idiots.

Would it have mattered if there were people worshiping them? Are you trying to say that this would be justifiable even if they were precious to someone.

I really can't believe you would say something like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if some of these artifacts are cursed and these scum are devoured alive by scarab beetles and their offspring are also cursed for eternity?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
But your point seemed to indicate more outrage at this story than any others. I read the is/daesh threads all the time. I think the predominant tone in responses to their actions is one of disgust, horror, outrage and anger. More here than in other threads? I truly don't see it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join