It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH NOOO!,ISIS Destroys 3,000-Year-Old Mosul Museum Artifacts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
With that mentality, these brain dead fools might as well knock down the Kaaba in Mecca.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It's knowledge. You don't destroy knowledge. Even with the horrific things Mengele did, they didn't destroy the knowledge because it was valid in the end even though the methods of obtaining it were not.

This is an extreme means of attempting to control human thought be taking away anything that might allow you to express an idea they don't like.

It's like a Ministry of Truth pushing things down the memory hole.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Theres an idea...how about a few well placed missiles into Mecca?
Or maybe the Dome of the rock?
Why not destroy a little of what they hold dear?maybe they'll get the message and lay off.....
or not....These are the weirdest of times.....
Remember Maos cultural revolution when the youth of China smashed their heritage on Maos orders?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Here's the thing - With the way that ISIS is going I have no way of knowing or predicting what they might do if they gained control of the Kaaba or the Dome. Would they destroy them as idols or not? They are deeply fundamental and literal even destroying the tombs of prophets their own religion revers.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Saw this on the news earlier... it's utterly disgraceful and maddening and upsetting.
It's not the first time they've done it and it wont be the last time either.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As I have said previously. Someone with a lot of power and resources wants IS to exist. They want them doing exactly what they are doing, and they want them in the news every day. There is an end game here, and I can promise you the result won't be to our benefit in the Western world. Get ready to lose more freedoms, and live with more fear. This is not about religion. It's about power and control, and when that "someone" is done with IS, they won't exist any more.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Dear Stormdancer - I am so sorry for your despair. I absolutely love history and can understand. But not at any level of what you are going through.

This is ancient history that pertains to us all. These extremists just want to destroy any evidence and any open thinking of anything other than their own take, evil. In fact they don't even want anyone to understand "their" thinking because that would mean that someone is actually using their own brain.

I wonder at the idea that they would be as happy as clams to have simple flesh bodies that do everything they are told to do. And I think that's the only thing they do have for there can't possibly be any kind of communication amongst themselves other than raging on in their hyper fanatical ways about how to destroy the next person or object.

I truly believe they are possessed.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Truth there, and one wonders how that is possible, a sort of mass hysteria, that seems to pull others into their demonic realm, very, very odd, considering they can influence people from all walks of life.

edit on 012828p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
sad as it is .... but SHAME to the western world who let it happend...oure blind politicans wth there "devide and rule " idioligy .. when they see thad vid. there laughing and give ises moore room and space and for all moore weapons to keep the industry running
yep hard to say but we are back in the middle ages... thanks to oure western leaders who refused to stop it when they could...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Waiting for someone to come in and say these muzzies were justified in doing this....

Not holding your breath, I hope.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder how I can petition the Iraqi government to get some security professionals together and provide asset protection on these museums and sites? I am sure Certain people could recruit quite a lot of qualified individuals to man posts of sorts and protect these artifacts. I have ideas that would not directly put human lives at risk but I will not highlight said plans or methods here.
edit on 26-2-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As I have said previously. Someone with a lot of power and resources wants IS to exist. They want them doing exactly what they are doing, and they want them in the news every day. There is an end game here, and I can promise you the result won't be to our benefit in the Western world. Get ready to lose more freedoms, and live with more fear. This is not about religion. It's about power and control, and when that "someone" is done with IS, they won't exist any more.

I agree...as I said previously, somebody figures that we don't hate Muslims quite enough yet. Bill Maher quipped the other day...there are 20,000 of them and 5.5 million troops in neighbouring countries...let them sort it out.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Those 'things' decapitate people, so they have no qualms about destroying historical artefacts, I am not surprised, and now too old to be too upset, future generations will curse those 'things' but they don't care now, and wont then.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Those 'things' decapitate people, so they have no qualms about destroying historical artefacts, I am not surprised, and now too old to be too upset, future generations will curse those 'things' but they don't care now, and wont then.

Well, the Saudis decapitate people too...but these mutants seem to get their rocks off on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Ahh yes but what you are failing to realize is that in their minds, they will conquer the globe.
Infidels will be executed and all idols ancient or new will be turned to dust.

In their minds, their children and grandchildren will inherit and control Earth and their names will be spoken along with those of Allah.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

These IS people are scum and dirty. The lot of them and their BS religion. Allah....hahaha another fantasy child molester!!

All of them losers....solid historical artifacts destroyed purposefully by these pathetic idiots. I hope someone destroys these IS peoples families in the same manner!!!!
Praise be to SATAN

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They do this wherever radical Islam takes hold. Remember the Buddhas in Afghanistan? The Sufi tombs in Africa? They don't see it as preserving history and heritage. It's a form of idolatry so it must all be destroyed.

Well there goes Mount Rushmore.... maybe ? !

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is what I think about when I hear about ISIS and say to myself, "merika, **** yeah"

It's very sad to see Iraqis don't rebel against Isis as they did against Americans I almost want to go back because I'd like to think this time around certain skills really could make a difference. It's sad for me to though because I know that they would slip back to the Middle Ages anyways as they lack the balls to reform themselves, modernize their country and put Islam into a modern perspective. They don't need to teach Koran studies as desperately as they need scientists, mathematicians, engineers, and people that will create things to benefit their future. It appears ISIS is the ultimate symbol of what the ME is truly about!!! Uneducated, ignorant, children that hate things so much they leave their families to do horrible things. They have so much misplaced hatred along with other things in the ME, very terrible!
edit on 26-2-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, you think sometimes it is OK to destroy items just because they don't reflect your culture ?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Possessed with stupidity then I totally agree.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join