It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human head transplants to be possible in 2 years time.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Not to mention long lost children and maintenance claims.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger
The rich are not stupid like you lot -
They will wait for brain transplants to be perfected then who would know

What are you yammering about? Head transplants are a perfectly logical, next step, in the quest for unnaturally extending life.

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Lots of hypothetical, but we really don't know how this will play out. I mean you're assuming with the "right DNA traits" bit. There is no evidence to my knowledge that this would be successful at this point.

I'm not "assuming" anything about DNA matching. They already do this for bone marrow transplants and have databases to conduct best match searches. You don't think they will do extensive DNA matching for head transplants when they already have the tech to DNA matching now?

The only thing we can control, is to start legislating that DNA can only be owned by the person whom was born with it. But, that ship has sailed and we currently DO NOT own our DNA profiles and have no legal means to get those ownership rights back. In fact, they can't even be purchased back.
edit on 26-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

This is kinda of a ya whatever. The only time this would matter is when you get your head cut off and you do not bleed out right away.......Right. Unless they have found a way to grow human heads.

What they should focus on instead of pie in the sky crap like this is curing cancer,diabetes,Aids,Aging,heart disease....Etc. These are things that would actually help people.
edit on 26-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
What they should focus on instead of pie in the sky crap like this is curing cancer,diabetes,Aids,Aging,heart disease....Etc. These are things that would actually help people.

Why would they do that, EVER?

They currently make LOTS of money from cancer, diabetes, aids, aging and heart disease from regular people trying to get by and survive. If head transplants become real, the "Owners of Capital" not only get to bypass death from cancer, diabetes, aids, aging, heart disease, but they also get to keep making money from the various current, ineffective, "remedies" for these ailments.

Head Transplants are a "Win Win" for the "Owners of Capital"

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

If that was in fact the case then would one not assume that the tech was already there for the elite and in use and either this is a rouge scientist or they have reached a point where it has become financialy viable to offer this service to outsiders.

This is ATS after all.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes, assuming. Bone marrow is one tiny bit of the human body. This is like matching for blood. Not a big deal. Placing a head on another body? Much more intricate. We don't even know enough about genetics to be saying which markers must be matched entirely.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You are 100% correct and thank you for your well thought out reply. PTB in this industry could care less about actually curing people or helping out mankind. They care about profits and profits alone.

The common man is going to figure this out eventually and when they do these executives are going to have some explaining to do. This is a crime against humanity..........It really is.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
You say there's no necessity? Avoiding death is one of our deepest impulses. We do it without even realizing it. If your body fails, finding a (deceased) one is only one possible option. Someone else suggested a artificial body. Of course, going from a bad heart or bad kidneys to the whole body is a big jump.

The necessity breeds invention idea applies more to the challenge of death and overcoming it - avoiding it, or extending life. Not every idea or "invention" is a good idea. Most aren't. Yet because transplanting heads onto other deceased bodies may not be a (reasonable) way to combat death or egregious injury, does not mean the challenge of dodging certain death is also invalid.

The simplest invention which assists us in this endeavour is the long tested lend-a-hand. Example: Your friend is slipping and there's a steep dropoff nearby. You lend a hand and she grabs it. You just extended her life.
edit on 26-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So,I have come up with a horrid little idea-
How long before someone starts to use this head transplanting for body modification?
I can see it now,people getting heads transplanted on to their shoulders,abdomens,with some little foetus heads protruding from their shins and thighs.

It will be the new thing-sentient body mod heads to compliment the complete FUBARness of modern "civilisation."
Of course the extra heads will have extensive bodymods/tattoos/pins,nails etc.

It will make "Dead Space"(the PS3 game)look like a childrens picnic.

Oh what a horrid idea,apologies folks..

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Yes, assuming. Bone marrow is one tiny bit of the human body. This is like matching for blood. Not a big deal. Placing a head on another body? Much more intricate. We don't even know enough about genetics to be saying which markers must be matched entirely.

Your information is out of date, PERIOD. They do DNA matching now, its not just blood sampling:

The challenge of transplantation: suitable matches

originally posted by: jonnywhite
The simplest invention which assists us in this endeavour is the simple lend-a-hand. Example: Your friend is slipping and there's a steep dropoff nearby. You lend a hand and she grabs it. She just extended her life.

From the perspective of the rich they don't need a "hand", they need to live longer, so they can acquire more wealth and exert MORE control over YOUR body, dictating, precisely, how it moves about in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Who're you to say if the lower and mid-body (not the head) fails there're no other options? It used to be if the heart failed there were no other options left. But now we have artifial hearts and pacemakers. It used to be if your eyesight was bad, tough luck. There were no eyeglasses or laser surgery.

It might be soon doctors will be able to place a horrendously wounded patient into suspended animation for several hours as they patch it up and rescue them from what would have been certain death in years past.

Look at what they're doing with prosthetics. Patients are regaining semi-functional arms and legs because of new technologies. While a new arm or leg is not on hte scale of a new body, it's a gingerly paced step in that direction.

Time will tell us whether the idea presented in the OP is worthy.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Who're you to say if the lower and mid-body (not the head) fails there're no other options? It used to be if the heart failed there were no other options left. But now we have artifial hearts and pacemakers. It used to be if your eyesight was bad, tough luck. There were no eyeglasses or laser surgery.

Time will tell us whether the idea presented in the OP is worthy.

Why would a rich person want a new heart in an old body, when they can get a whole new body?

They wouldn't, they'll prefer and will take the new body, even if it costs an regular person their life.

Remember I'm an not talking about YOUR perspective on the matter, I am speaking of the perspective the real "Owners of Capital". These are the same people that sign paperwork, send emails and make phone calls that result in the deaths of thousands everyday. A body transplant, provided by an unwilling donor, is a mere blip on their ethical radars.

You obviously don't know ANYTHING about the REAL world we live in:

with rich patients paying up to $87 000 for a kidney in countries such as China. Commercial kidney trade now accounts for five to ten percent of worldwide performed kidney transplants

A kidney? £84,000. A heart? Up to £1 million. With the number of organs now critical, wealthy patients are spending a fortune on illicit transplants.

Patients, many of whom will go to China, India or Pakistan for surgery, can pay up to $200,000 (nearly £128,000) for a kidney to gangs who harvest organs from vulnerable, desperate people

If head transplants become real, I fully expect the black market to expanding to sell whole, headless, bodies, in addition to traditional items such as kidneys, hearts, etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is about deceased individuals, not people who're murdered to acquire a younger body. That's all YOU. Show me where in the OP's link there's talk of rich people murdering innocents for youthful bodies?

You know recently a deceased person's face was transplanted onto another person with some success. This IS similar. Moving from a face to a whole body is a megalithic jump, but how do I know it won't happen?

I don't. I don't know it won't happen. I keep an open mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

looks like its almost time for me to...

*puts on shades*

get a head of the game.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

looks like its almost time for me to...

*puts on shades*

get a head of the game.

Are you Barry from Storage Wars?

Seriously that was his kind of line even down to putting on the shades.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lots of dead druggies every day jus brain or heart toasted clean em up and auction them off.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is about deceased individuals, not people who're murdered to acquire a younger body. That's all YOU. Show me where in the OP's link there's talk of rich people murdering innocents for youthful bodies?

You know recently a deceased person's face was transplanted onto another person with some success. This IS similar. Moving from a face to a whole body is a megalithic jump, but how do I know it won't happen?

I don't. I don't know it won't happen. I keep an open mind.

You don't know ANYTHING about the world we live in:

with rich patients paying up to $87 000 for a kidney in countries such as China. Commercial kidney trade now accounts for five to ten percent of worldwide performed kidney transplants

A kidney? £84,000. A heart? Up to £1 million. With the number of organs now critical, wealthy patients are spending a fortune on illicit transplants.

Patients, many of whom will go to China, India or Pakistan for surgery, can pay up to $200,000 (nearly £128,000) for a kidney to gangs who harvest organs from vulnerable, desperate people

If head transplants become real, I fully expect the black market to expanding to sell whole, headless, bodies, in addition to traditional items such as kidneys, hearts, etc.

SO, why would a rich person want a new heart in an old, near death, body, when they can simply get a whole new body?

They wouldn't, they'll prefer and will take the new body, even if it costs an regular person their life.

Remember I'm an not talking about YOUR perspective on the matter, I am speaking of the perspective the real "Owners of Capital". You know, the RICH same people that sign paperwork, send emails and make phone calls that result in the deaths of thousands everyday. A body transplant, provided by an unwilling donor, is a mere blip on their ethical radars.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
It depends if it was even alive/conscious in the beginning. That is one thing that I hated about the movie The Island. Why raise them to be thinking beings when you could have just as easily (don't know how easy really) made a body with no brain, or just a brain stem and kept the bodies alive via machines. They do that now for brain dead people.

They did explain exactly why they were raised as concious beings in the film. Good movie

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"ARE you sad and lonely?-Well fantastic,you have come to the right place.
Here at RealHeadspace.com we can implant a sentient head onto your wretched body for a massive amount of money.
You want a Dwarf head implanted onto your bony knee? CHECK.
You want Thai twins implanted onto your chest,like freaky speaking nipples? CHECK.
Or maybe a politician attached to your temple,for real time debates?

Come to Realheadspace.com for all your transplantable sentient head needs.

Give life to a poor decapitated head,you know you want to-its science dude! and it makes us biiig money."

This is not an advertisment,and no such website as realheadspace.com exists....mostly.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here is a more informative article on this:

CNET - Human head transplant just two years away, surgeon claims

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join