It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human head transplants to be possible in 2 years time.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: nonspecific
Right, that's why I would only do that to my clone...not someone else. I wouldn't even wear someone elses bathing suit for gawds sake! lol

A clone I could go with yes.

Maybe just a few litlle alterations here and there.

What if you had a head transplant and the donor had really crappy tatoo's or one of a rival sports team?

EDIT: A clone would be prone to the same ilness that killed you in the first place so would not be too bright an idea.

What if you died in an accident or murder? I'm guessing that when they are able to transplant a head onto a body and cloning process is near perfect, they would be able to also eliminate any disease from the genetics before the clone is started.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Haha. Better looking! Did you see this thread yesterday? Men have paralyzed hands amputated and replaced with bionic ones (VID)

link   
a reply to: swanne

What's the fun in that?
Be more creative people

It has already happened. Just look at us...

link   

Right, that's why I would only do that to my clone...not someone else. I wouldn't even wear someone elses bathing suit for gawds sake! lol

A clone I could go with yes.

Maybe just a few litlle alterations here and there.

What if you had a head transplant and the donor had really crappy tatoo's or one of a rival sports team?

EDIT: A clone would be prone to the same ilness that killed you in the first place so would not be too bright an idea.

What if you died in an accident or murder? I'm guessing that when they are able to transplant a head onto a body and cloning process is near perfect, they would be able to also eliminate any disease from the genetics before the clone is started.

Would the clone not be alive though?

you would in a sense be killing yourself to save your own life?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Speckle
a reply to: ~Lucidity

wow this is scary... and gonna happen lol . wait you said wife's head on me it just flat out wouldnt work non compatible

Haha it's been happening. Check this out: First Human Brain-To-Brain Interface Lets Scientist Control Colleague\'s Body

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I do believe they can grow just specific body parts now, like and ear or a liver (early stages), so why not a headless body?

We can call it the Brom Bones Project.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So which part of his body isn't actually real?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That made me cry.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Robert J White...

In 1970, after a long series of preliminary experiments, White performed a transplant of one monkey head onto the body of another monkey. Because the surgery included severing the spine at the neck, the subjects were paralyzed from the neck down. After the surgery, because the cranial nerves within the brain were still intact and nourished by the circulatory system from the new body, the monkey could still hear, smell, taste, eat and follow objects with its eyes.

Ultimately, immunorejection caused the monkey to die after nine days. Dr. Jerry Silver, an expert in regrowing severed nerves, called White's experiments on monkeys, "fairly barbaric."

& that, will always be the case.

I'd rather be dead.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

That made me cry.

Yeah its pretty messed up how we can put value on any lifeforms.

It also makes you hope that a more advance alien civilization doesn't find us or hopeful they are advanced "the right amount" to not have to do these barbaric experiments . In nature it never works to well for the lesser advance lifeforms.

Hopefully one day we can do all our experiments based solely on simulations.

Also Dmitry Itskov better be thankful for those animals so he can make his 2020 target date.

2045.com...

edit on 20228America/ChicagoThu, 26 Feb 2015 09:20:13 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Bring on the clones! My head on a younger me body?!? Would be great! Now if only they can stop the brain from aging...

We could not disagree more I was just thinking about having "DO NOT REMOVE" tattoo'd on my head.

Imagine waking up attatched to some dead guys body, You would have someone elses penis!

Nope, not for me.

Doctors did once do a penis transplant on a poor unfortunate man. He was happy, but his wife wasn't. She had strong psychological objections to have someone else's doo-dah in her bed.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Edit: you could take Walternate's body!

In order to take Walternate's bod I would start a series of events that would threaten to destroy the universe.

Not sure that would be the right thing to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

& that, will always be the case.

Its definitely the case now that immunorejection is a big issue, but I'm not so sure it will always be the case.

We already do organ transplants and have medicine available to fight immunorejection , even though its required to be taken for the rest of the recipients life.

With the advancement on nano technology and biology, i can see an advancement to further reduce or combat immunorejection at a greater success.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
In future.. body farms. Rich could buy a trained body to their own old head... anything for a long life. I believe this kind of technology could very soon spark really nasty outcome as there is already black markets for organs, until they learn to grow a bodies without heads.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is it only a human head on a human body?.
Can I just swap mine to go on a chimps and visa versa?
I would become ChimpMANzee and the chimp would be a Manpanzee.
Imagine the crime fighting we would do together.
edit on 26-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I should have specified which part of the bold I was referring to...

That being Paralysis.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
In future.. body farms. Rich could buy a trained body to their own old head... anything for a long life. I believe this kind of technology could very soon spark really nasty outcome as there is already black markets for organs, until they learn to grow a bodies without heads.

The future and end game they are working on for immortality will be virtual. The problem with organs such as your brain is that it ages and is susceptible to wear and tear over time.

You have billionaires right now actively employing scientist and laying the ground work to be able to discover ,identify and upload your conscience within your brain to a virtual system. Using body parts is just part of early milestones.

2045.com...

The "2045" team is working towards creating an international research center where leading scientists will be engaged in research and development in the fields of anthropomorphic robotics, living systems modeling and brain and consciousness modeling with the goal of transferring one’s individual consciousness to an artificial carrier and achieving cybernetic immortality.

edit on 45228America/ChicagoThu, 26 Feb 2015 09:45:55 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I just cant understand the direction medical science is headed in

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It could save many lives.
Same as a hand transplant but bigger.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I should have specified which part of the bold I was referring to...

That being Paralysis.

Gotcha,
but even that I can see being overcome .

We are already working on the EARLY stages of this with some impressive success. In the future I can see the exoskeleton being removed from the equation except for missing limbs and the nerves being directly hardwired or wireless communicating via nanotech or other mediums to your brain directly. Amazing times we are living in, yet we still find ways to dedicate most of our time to blow each other up.

"This exoskeleton robot suit differs from other exoskeleton systems in its unique and successful neuronal control directly by the patient,

www.livescience.com...

edit on 50228America/ChicagoThu, 26 Feb 2015 09:50:27 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join