It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother sends abused daughter to school wearing shirt detailing abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Florida. Big surprise right?

So a girl was seen at school wearing a homemade shirt, with bruising all over her body.

It appears the mother thought it would be a good idea to beat her child, then shame her child by making her wear a white t-shirt with a bunch of nonsense scrawled on with Sharpie as punishment for bad grades.

So the shirt (a disgusting attempt to shame a child) turned out helping this child. When the shirt was brought questioned, bruises were found, and the mother was charged with child abuse. Of course she's out on bail already.

“She beat the child with a belt, and the belt had some sort of metal on it,” Hernando County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Denise Moloney told The Post. The beating, officials said, left marks and bruising on the child’s neck, arms and back.

Fantastic. Clearly the best way to deal with a child getting poor grades. Now the article says they won't reveal gender or age, but I heard both on the radio today. Can't remember age, but do recall this child was female.

Nienhuis also told the station that Alexander admitted to “crossing the line.”

Yeah, you didn't just cross the line, you took a crap on it and ran for miles past it you jackass.

Alexander is forbidden from having contact with the child.

Good, except now I'm worried this poor kid is going to end up with another POS.

Link

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And the high intelligence of the mother is showcased by her spelling of 'allowed' as 'aloud'. What a joke.

I'm glad parents care but that shirt is so far out of bounds I can't even see it.

Spanking is controversial but even those in favor of spanking - this girl had bruises on her NECK from being hit with a metal studded belt? That is not a spanking, it is abuse.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I was never spanked , hit , or strapped as a child and neither were any of my children , so her " woopin " is totally unacceptable to me . That being said there is not enough information to totally condemn this woman . Yes the abuse was wrong . But this sounds like a woman that strangely enough had her childs best interests at heart . This woman wants her child to learn , her methods were wrong but i cant fault her for wanting her child to be the best she can be .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Ya all that caring goes out the window when you beat and then shame your kid to get the point across.

Don't care if anyones parents beat you as a kid and you turned out fine, we as a society need go get past this.
Feel for this poor girl.

edit on thThu, 26 Feb 2015 03:18:44 -0600America/Chicago220154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Did you read what i said . Was i hit . No . Did i say shaming was good . No . Did i say it was right . No . I guess your reply will get you stars though . Read my reply .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Sorry that part want meant for you, was a general statement.

I agree she had good intentions, but when you execute them like that it kinda defeats the point.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The problem i have with ATS is a lot of the time is the very same people who rail against the MSM are the very same people who would put this woman in the electric chair for an article that cant give all the facts . We demand evidence or it did not happen . Where is all the missing information in this poor girls case . Single mum , father crack head who has been missing all her life , lives in a single room and relys on food handouts . Her methods were wrong but maybe her intentions were aimed at getting the best for her daughter .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
judge me all you want, i wish that woman hell for what she did.
I am not against the occasional slap, but this is beyond reason, you wouldn't even beat a dog like that.
take the child away and try to give her a normal life, and leave the woman to die alone like she deserves

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

The problem i have with ATS is a lot of the time is the very same people who rail against the MSM are the very same people who would put this woman in the electric chair for an article that cant give all the facts . We demand evidence or it did not happen . Where is all the missing information in this poor girls case . Single mum , father crack head who has been missing all her life , lives in a single room and relys on food handouts . Her methods were wrong but maybe her intentions were aimed at getting the best for her daughter .

It doesn't matter WHAT her intentions were, she beat her child with a belt and even had bruises on her neck. And it doesn't matter if single mum, crack head father or even if she has been abducted by aliens - sorry, none of that excuses beating a child like that

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Takes a breath so as not to yell abuse....WTF.....seriously what the #......The society we are breeding is creating hate and intolerance and that spans as far as parents to their own flesh and blood.....

As much as the blame solely lies on this poor excuse of a human being to do this to her own child ...maybe just maybe we need to start looking at the bigger picture ....this kinda crap is happening way too often.....

I would seriously Mame a person who did that sort of a thing to my children.....still trying to comprehend how a mother could do such a thing to her own flesh and blood....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

You missed my point . I never said abuse was right only that there was an article ... never mind .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Deranged lunatic!

This isn't about "learning"...

It's about conformity, power & superiority...

What they should do...

Is batter the mother scumbag who birthed the poor child with a belt buckle...
Then they should send her out into the streets wearing a T-Shirt explaining what she is...

"My name is ______...
I am currently known as a disgusting child abuser...
I am not *allowed* near children...
So back off before I get another good *whooping*...
My days of being a sociopath are over or the authorities will whoop me and put me on an offenders list...
I will now learn the importance of not abusing helpless, defenceless children with metallic objects...
I will listen to society & be obedient at all times...
I will do these things because I have failed at being a human being...
Want to spit on me as I walk the streets in an exposure T-Shirt...
Please DO SO for I am the lowest of the low in even an uncivilised World."

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That being said there is not enough information to totally condemn this woman . Yes the abuse was wrong . But this sounds like a woman that strangely enough had her childs best interests at heart

I'm confused.
First you say this is unacceptable, then you claim you can't condemn this woman for her actions.
It's one or the other, you can't claim it's wrong and then claim it *might* be okay.

This woman is an abuser, she's a criminal, there is NO EXCUSE for the way she treated her child and anyone who claims that she might have had a good reason needs to hand their own kids to the state for protection immediately.

Any parent who thinks there is any possible excuse for this should not be a parent.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Parents have the right to correct their children, however they do not have the right to abuse their child. Leaving marks up and down a child's back goes far beyond a corrective action. Public shaming is a grey area legally speaking. There are judges that have done similar things, handing down judgments where children are required to carry signs detailing their crime.

I have seen extremes of both camps. I grew up in a home where a butt beating was punishment for doing wrong. We lived in fear of our father. My sister's children were raised in a home where they were allowed to do anything and everything without punishment. Her children were very undisciplined and put their parents through hell. A parent has to earn the respect of their children and use a number of tools in correcting a child's behavior. I am curious to see what other people feel is appropriate and inappropriate as we all come from such different places and experiences.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Which missing evidence are you referring to?

The shirt is pretty bad. I highly doubt that the girl who was wearing the shirt wrote those things or it, or chose to wear it. Therefore, it makes sense to me that her mother or both parents wrote on the shirt and forced her into wearing it. I read the shirt. It's plenty of evidence.

I might have questions if the shirt simply said "I'm grounded." But it doesn't. It's a crazy insane rant which goes way to far with shame and humiliation and the disclosure of private information (the grades).

Furthermore, the shirt also openly admits that a spanking took place. So that isn't in question either.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I literally stared at the screen for a few minutes after reading this, not too sure if I was even breathing or not. I don't recall in recent history any parent I have seen or read about in the news that went to the extreme of proudly parading around the abuse of their child in an attempt to gain validation for their actions as a parent. I'm beyond flabbergasted. I'm glad this situation worked in the favor of the child, because there is a good possibility the bad grades were due to the home situation and nothing more. I'm forever grateful that my reality does not include a world where I would even think this behavior toward my child is acceptable, and that society would back me up on it. Just wow...*shaking head...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seems to be less about caring and more about control, based upon the information at hand.

Hopefully this woman will get help.

Prayers for the child.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I agree. Every time I read stories like this my heart aches for these children. Sometimes I wish I could adopt all these kids and give them the love they deserve. What a terrible way to grow up.

new topics

top topics

join