It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Religous posts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
No proof Jesus rose from the dead. Just a story. But i is not unheard of before embalming for it to happen to anyone. Probably the reason for it. Religion would not like that much. Is that book proof Jonah was in a whale for 3 days? Or that it rained 17,000 feet of rain? To make a boat go to the top of mount Ararat. Stories of Hercules fighting crazy monsters too, those must be true. They were ancient stories from cave men too that did not understand science yet. a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

OP, I think I see where you are coming from and I agree, if someone posts his opinion on a public forum, he'd better be prepared for it to be mocked. I just think you could have worded the OP a bit nicer...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Ladies and gentlemen, the New Atheists. Millenial-style.

I would consider the OP an anti-theist, as well as an atheist. Not all atheists are anti-theists. But admittedly, a growing number are.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So much hatred for others.....

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Can you prove you have a brain ? or that i am responding to a real being? Remember we cannot "See", "Taste", "Smell", "Hear" or "Touch" you and your brain. There i just prove that you have no brain and you do not exist. Good luck convincing me otherwise.

Please, do not bother answer the questions i posed to you. It was simply to prove a point.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So basically you are proselytizing atheism?

How is that any different from what any religious person does when they make a post?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Oh, but you do. It's happening even now or have you missed those debates?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Yes all religion have the right. Point is that the propagation of it affects others. And if someone can preach, others can preach against it. It belongs at home or church. a reply to: hutch622

Oh I see. So you can preach against religion anywhere you want, but if we want to preach religion, we must keep it in the home or in church.

That seem legit.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: roth1
If you don't like your beliefs being challenged. Do not put them out there.

True. If you have a belief that you are proselytizing then you should expect pushback from those who disagree with it. 'Bashing' shouldn't happen though. A civil discussion without name calling and insults from either side of the discussion can move minds and is usually productive for all involved, as long as those involved in the discussion can have an open mind and aren't blindly indoctrinated.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hey man, if you and the OP want to really waste your time and energy trying to to change the belief systems of those that drank the kool-aid?

Go right for it.

I just see it as nothing more than a monumental waste of your own energy and time.

This is definitely a case where two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Dude, half the things science knows to be true today will be changed tomorrow.

You know what? I grew up being taught that dinosaurs were giant, lazy, lethargic creatures who depended on swamps to survive because their bulks were too large to maneuver well outside the water and no one really knew how they died out. That was SCIENCE!

Once upon a time, everyone knew that bad air caused disease. That was SCIENCE!

Rotten meat once crated maggots. That was SCIENCE!

Oh and eggs will kill you if you eat them. That was SCIENCE!

My point is that the things science knows today are constantly proven to be not as true as they thought tomorrow. So to me you religious insistence on making science you god in life is as silly as anything you might think about me. Don't get me wrong, I love science and think it's great, but in the end, it's only as good as the humans directing it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Talking about god, which one? As an outsider you look at believers slagging each other's gods off and yet each side believes so much that they are right, they kill for it.
But throughout history we have gone from no gods, to multiple ones, then changed them into one, then split it up into various 'one' gods, it is ridiculous on those grounds alone.

Had the story of [whichever] god been constant for at least 10,000 years, I may actually look deeper but as it stands all I can see is stories.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Really a waste of time?.
Made quite a few abandon their religion over the years...they just need to wake up and be shown for what it is.
edit on 26-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Really a waste of time?.
Made quite a few abandon their religion over the years...they just need to wake up and be shown for what it is.

"they just need"

I thoroughly disagree, and I'm ok with that
What I am about to say is NOT meant to say "oh, you're wrong!" but rather to try and give you a bit of how I look at it.

The ex who shall henceforth be known as "The Banshee of North England" was raised Roman Catholic, as is common in the UK if you're not Church of E. When she moved in after coming over from the UK, she brought crucifixes.

LOTS OF THEM.

Having been raised in a home where religion was absent, this wigged me out. Not in the "Get that SH&T out of here!" manner, but rather in the "holy crap it's WATCHING ME". My eyes were constantly drawn towards it. Once that finally subsided, a few months later, I realized that she had something I didn't. She had that little extra comfort blanket she could pull on top of her at night. Her faith gave her that comfort.

This is something I have never had. I've found myself at times jealous, knowing that I couldn't have that blanket to pull up around myself. There are times that I wish I could have it today.

Personally speaking, I am not about to yank that blanket off of anyone. If they find that faith, good. There's as much of a reason that I do NOT have it that they do. It's the natural breakdown of things.

Truthfully, messages like those from the OP make me think two things...

A) How much life experience has this person had? How empathetic are they? Do they have a good understanding of how to leverage their obvious intelligence with their own innate empathy?

B) It makes me wonder if they themself are 100% secure in their own thoughts, beliefs, or are for some reason questioning their own llack of faith.

This is NOT a wrong / right scenario. This is not a WIN / LOSE scenario, either.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If we don't fight religion it will creep into our government and education.
Thats why I fight it also.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Fair enough. I *absolutely* understand and agree with the essence of what you've just said.

However, you say there is a need to fight it. I believe there is a need to fight the idea that your ideas should be my ideas, and that we live in a homogenous world.

What I don't think many are catching on to here, is that those wishing to enforce their own religious beliefs on others are just as bad as those wishing to enforce their own lack of religious beliefs on others.

We need to back the f&ck off of each other, give each other space, and give each other the chance to be who they are. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A WIN OR LOSE SCENARIO.

Defend someone else's right to believe what they believe, and by doing so , defend your own right.

This is a balance situation.

This is merely how I see it. I do not expect ANYONE to follow suit.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So you think trolls should go onto religious threads and post opinions without debating the topic? Believe me I hate the religious forum because of people like you.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The only way to absolutely keep religion out of your government and schools is to ban anyone of faith from participating in them altogether.

Frankly, a person's faith informs and shapes their morals, their values, it will shape how they make decisions even if they don't pull up the Bible or the Torah or the Koran or whatever to back it. So a person of a Judeo-Christian background is sitting their with those 10 Commandments in their background forming a foundation for their framework of decisions.

When they make a decision on a murder law, Thou shalt not murder is just as likely to be in the back of their subconscious as the unalienable right to life which they may or may not believe is granted us by a higher power than man.

So, to desire to take that out of your education and government entirely is a fool's errand without completely barring anyone of faith from having any participation in the institutions of daily life, effectively making them second or even third class citizens. Gosh! That sounds like paradise and I can't see how it could possibly go wrong at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Its funny you say that you sway people to join your cause, sounds like preachers in the south. Hypocrisy anyone? anyone?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Difference is I will not tell anyone about my God.
You want us to be silent and let the religious take control again?.
Nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join