It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The founder of ISIS had two political motivations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
For all of those people who have been giving me flak. A quick scan of wiki will show that the founder of ISIS 'Abu Musab al-Zarqawi' had two political motivations for the formation of 'Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad' which we now know as ISIS. The following quote comes from the 'Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad' WikiPage

Zarqawi's political motivation came partly from what he considered U.N.'s "gift" of Palestine "to the Jews so they can rape the land and humiliate our people",[9] partly, but connected with the former, from what he considered (U.N.'s support for) (American) oppressors of Iraq[9] and the consequent "humiliation [of] our nation"

So as you can see... The reason ISIS exist and is now causing problems is:

A) Partly another blood feud with Israel, and

B) Partly a direct result of "Team America World Police & C.o." messing around in the middle east.

ISIS may have become a whole different creature since then, I don't know. I still tend to believe that a lot of the media hype is just that... Media hype. Combine that with extremists running their mouths off and you have a perfect recipe for "The continued war on Terror"

Any way... I'm going to leave it there and go get myself a box of tissues just in case the replies are particularly scathing...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

Media hype? You mean those beheadings and executions by fire were concocted by the media?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well regardless of any media hype they are still an evil organization. His motivations are irrelevant to me. I just wait for their inevitable demise. The sooner the better. Although with a president who would rather play golf than take action, I could be waiting a while.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You've been receiving flak? I don't see anything in what you posted as being all that contested. I thought that the Israel/Palestine situation and Middle East meddling were accepted causes for all manner of Islamic extremism.

Maybe I'm being naïve...

Anyway, kudos OP. The more we recognise 'our' own role in the creation of terrorism, the better equipped we are to minimize it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Media hype? You mean those beheadings and executions by fire were concocted by the media?

Yup... I'm sure I should've said that out loud? If I may use the ISIS are evil phrase for a moment then ISIS certainly not the only evil people in the world doing evil things... Like beheadings and such.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BombDefined

You've been receiving flak? I don't see anything in what you posted as being all that contested. I thought that the Israel/Palestine situation and Middle East meddling were accepted causes for all manner of Islamic extremism.

Maybe I'm being naïve...

Anyway, kudos OP. The more we recognise 'our' own role in the creation of terrorism, the better equipped we are to minimize it.

Actually yes! I've been getting a surprising amount of flack in other places for saying just that!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Well regardless of any media hype they are still an evil organization. His motivations are irrelevant to me. I just wait for their inevitable demise. The sooner the better. Although with a president who would rather play golf than take action, I could be waiting a while.

"........... their inevitable demise. I fear and know this will never come to pass.
" ..... President............ take action,... " What do you suggest ? The same mind set
of these individuals was there when Russia gave up. In Iraq, Afghanistan and NOW their
still kicking our collective asses even with the assistance of the not so willing Coalition Forces.

www.youtube.com... < sorry but you may have to cut & paste.

In my opinion there is but one authority on the subject . Michael Scheuer ,former CIA. I believe for eighteen years
he was in charge of Middle Eastern intelligence . Terrorism and attempting to track down Bin Laden.
Actually succeeded twice but no action was taken. I don't know much, but I'd suggest watching ALL his info
on youtube. He actually KNOWS what they are doing and more importantly WHY they are doing it. Additionally how
to expedite the end of this nonsense. ( On both sides. US & them )
Opened up my eyes.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Im new ere so I can't make a thread yet but.....
Iraq claims to have downed 2 British aircraft that were supplying Isis possitions

english.farsnews.com...
Not trying to derail yer thread buddy use thought this important to get out there in a related thread

edit on 26-2-2015 by Globa because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Although with a president who would rather play golf than take action, I could be waiting a while.

Quit lying and save your little drama.

Action of as of Feb 6...

SIEGEL: Inside Syria, the United States and its partners have been conducting airstrikes since September. How many are by the U.S. and how many by the four Arab states?

BOWMAN: Well, Robert, the Pentagon says as of Wednesday, just in Syria now, there were 946 strikes by the U.S. and another 79 strikes by those four Arab states combined. That's Jordan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. And, by the way, not one of those Arab states is dropping bombs inside Iraq. So it's lopsided. The U.S. is doing more than 90 percent of all the bombing runs in Syria. [Source]

Also: Operation Inherent Resolve

edit on 2/26/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You have been getting flack and having your posts deleted because of your abusive responses when
someone does not agree with your views. Simple as that.

It does not matter what there intentions where at the
beginning, because they are completely different now. Hence the reason why they are killing everyone, even people with the same faith, who get in their way.

They have to be stopped. As simple as that. Before this monster turns into a bigger monster!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

They have to be stopped. As simple as that. Before this monster turns into a bigger monster!

Exactly mate.

Sure, I think most of us are aware of the origins of IS with regard to their funding and religious inspiration, but the most important thing now is that they are defeated and completely eradicated.
IS has no place in the modern world.

Once this is done maybe then we should look at their origins etc and take appropriate action against the guilty party's and try to make sure there can be no repeat.

Seems to me there's far too much finger pointing, passing the buck, making excuses and even downright denial and not enough actual doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The media hypes everything so something as extreme as ISIS you bet they’re going to hype.

But sometimes the hype is real:
Hype?

You have real flesh and blood victims, Christians, Shias, Yezidis, Muslims, innocent journalists and thousands of now homeless and disposed people

HYPE?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

You have been getting flack and having your posts deleted because of your abusive responses when

beginning, because they are completely different now. Hence the reason why they are killing everyone, even people with the same faith, who get in their way.

Thank you for your input. This thread has nothing to do with my inappropriate posts being deleted and everything to do with some peoples persistent denial of why ISIS was formed and why it originally existed. ISIS is simply another name for Al -Qaeda and this WAR with ISIS is simply designed to fill The coffers of those who profit from war. .!.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Jay-morris

Exactly mate.

Sure, I think most of us are aware of the origins of IS with regard to their funding and religious inspiration, but the most important thing now is that they are defeated and completely eradicated.
IS has no place in the modern world.

Once this is done maybe then we should look at their origins etc and take appropriate action against the guilty party's and try to make sure there can be no repeat.

Seems to me there's far too much finger pointing, passing the buck, making excuses and even downright denial and not enough actual doing.

I hear what you're sayin'. However why pick on ISIS? It's not like they are the only people in the world performing atrocities... The are however the only people currently getting media coverage for it because that serves to build support for an unjust war!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The media hypes everything so something as extreme as ISIS you bet they’re going to hype.

But sometimes the hype is real:
Hype?

You have real flesh and blood victims, Christians, Shias, Yezidis, Muslims, innocent journalists and thousands of now homeless and disposed people

HYPE?

Yes hype! Thousands upon thousands of children starved to death yesterday in Africa... Did you go and join a save the children fund? Or are you getting on the war against terror band wagon simply because it's so in your face?

edit on 26/2/2015 by hudsonhawk69 because: dzxth

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh course it has everything to do with isreal.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

Thank you for your input. This thread has nothing to do with my inappropriate posts being deleted and everything to do with some peoples persistent denial of why ISIS was formed and why it originally existed. ISIS is simply another name for Al -Qaeda and this WAR with ISIS is simply designed to fill The coffers of those who profit from war. .!.

Like I said before, it does not matter how they started. Its clear that their agenda has nothing
to do with western countries on their land. If it was, they would not be raping and killing their own people.

They want Islamic rule, not just in the middle east, but everywhere. And its very worrying the people being radicalised in my own country.

Its only a matter of time before they go on a shooting rampage in the UK, and other countries.

You have said in other posts that to solve the problem, leave their lands. Surely you must that will not make a single difference. In fact, it would just make them stronger.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yes hype! Thousands upon thousands of children starved to death yesterday in Africa... Did you go and join a save the children fund? Or are you getting on the war against terror band wagon simply because it's so in your face?

Yes, this world is a terrible and brutal place, and the isis is just a small part of that. I have worked for save the children, and unicef, so i know the horrors people have to live with day by day.

With the isis, its a threat that could easily turn into a threat to everyone. What do you think would happen if we left them to do what they are doing? The only reason the iraq forces are having better luck against them is because of the help from western militeries.

The isis is brutal, there is no denying that. They are so obsessed with the way they see islam, that they believe its okay to kill, torture, and rape anyone who disagree's with them.

We have started to see it already in the uk, with people going over there to join them. We have girls going over to marry them. We have someone from the uk talking before beheading.

You say its because we are in their country. Try saying that to the people who actually live there that are being murdered, having their children murdered by these animals.

I am not a fan of war, i am not a fan of us going into the middle east in the first place, but this has turned into something that could effect us all if we don't stop it now.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

Like I said before, it does not matter how they started. Its clear that their agenda has nothing
to do with western countries on their land. If it was, they would not be raping and killing their own people.

They want Islamic rule, not just in the middle east, but everywhere. And its very worrying the people being radicalised in my own country.

Its only a matter of time before they go on a shooting rampage in the UK, and other countries.

You have said in other posts that to solve the problem, leave their lands. Surely you must that will not make a single difference. In fact, it would just make them stronger.

Please... It's just another war cooked up by "Team America World Police & C.o." I can't believe that some crazy man in a turban goes TV and starts sprouting absolute rubbish and everyone starts panicking. Fear is just one of the control Mechanisms in a consumer driven society... And with people like you it is SO easy...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes, this world is a terrible and brutal place, and the isis is just a small part of that. I have worked for save the children, and unicef, so i know the horrors people have to live with day by day.

With the isis, its a threat that could easily turn into a threat to everyone. What do you think would happen if we left them to do what they are doing? The only reason the iraq forces are having better luck against them is because of the help from western militeries.

The isis is brutal, there is no denying that. They are so obsessed with the way they see islam, that they believe its okay to kill, torture, and rape anyone who disagree's with them.

We have started to see it already in the uk, with people going over there to join them. We have girls going over to marry them. We have someone from the uk talking before beheading.

You say its because we are in their country. Try saying that to the people who actually live there that are being murdered, having their children murdered by these animals.

I am not a fan of war, i am not a fan of us going into the middle east in the first place, but this has turned into something that could effect us all if we don't stop it now.

I respect where you're coming from. We will however agree to disagree. I don't see ISIS as being different from any other militant faction except in this case it serves to keep the Western war machine turning and the oil flowing. No one care what happens in Africa. With all the conflict there we get our precious gems and minerals cheaper anyway so why intervene?
If Isis are trying to take over the world then good for them. What else are they supposed to do? They have tried everything else they can think of to get the Western Military presence of of their back yards and nothing has worked. What did the world think they were going to do after so many years of Westerners destroying their homes and killing their families? I mean really? We are talking about people who can maintain a blood feud for an obscene amount of time. If ISIS are that dangerous what are we doing in the Middle East? If you see a snake you don't poke it with a stick!
I would suggest that way forward in regards to your post is for Western countries to accept responsibility for the role that they have played in the creation of ISIS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join