It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracists around the World, Remember This:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Libra,

This I know,

You can't always please everyone all the time.

Regardless, it's still one of the best posts I've seen in a long time.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks thelibra
Your comments are much appreciated. As a Veteran, I can relate to what the troops overseas are feeling this time of year. They deserve the support.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

You have voted wecomeinpeace for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I agree with everything you said 110%. Simply Brilliant post wecomeinpeace.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A salutation to �conspiratorialists,� is a generalization. People trace and sample a tenor of conversant processes as a tone of mockery proceeds offering emotions as if it were a proofs. Arguments proceed from those who can smell, feel and taste that something is not quite right. Things happen from conspiracy facts not a theory or fiction. Our founding fathers knew that, they read the Greeks. A dominant position proceeds from those who aim to debunk, discredit, and debase reality into proceedings to their favor. The aim is to name people as "conspiracy nuts," and to discredit the very facts evident to the senses, that something is profoundly wrong. Incomplete or distorted data is the problem, clarity is the solution.

We live by our narritizations, we are conscious by it. Your argument is ontological, centered on a statement of being from our "soldiers, police," and so forth. It is incomplete however; it does not proceed upon the analysis of the entire situation. It does not analyze dead bodies, come through with the body count, and once again taste, feel, and realize something is desperately wrong, and it happens on the supposed watch of a few people who assume too much, positions of absolute power.

Not realizing you are pawns who can never reach the end of the board and promote, you sacrifice yourselves to imitate genuine heroes who actually thoughtfully sacrificed themselves. Your prepackaged virtues are nothing compared to those who read, translated, and reviewed again the Greek classics, and knew the pitfalls of history and what to avoid. Your argument while mindful of those who dedicate themselves does not recognize that in our dumbed down social structure, that dedication is too often mindless agreement, not an informed choice. It is cookie cutter logic, not deep analysis, then the arrival upon sacrifice from that deep conviction.

I do not argue against genuine virtues in sacrifice, arrived upon through deep reflection of a lifetime. I argue against lockstep agreement from those who know nothing. Your view while it is a larger picture is not the big picture, it does not account for senseless suffering and obedience to an authority that is too often thoughtless and pulls you into its dictates. The conspiracy fact is much different from the hypothesis or theory that leads to it, one is rooted in sound principles, and the latter is too easily discredited although on the threshold of proof.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
December has the highest number of suicides. Mostly due to stress and emotional issues. Too bad for them? Damn this season, damn it to hell.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
We might be going off topic here, but... was he the one asked by a reporter to ask said question?

Yeah, that guy. Although I don't know yet whether or not it was confirmed or if this was just a rumor in the media. Regardless, like you said, his question resulted in U.S. troop armor being stepped up, even if it was just because the government didn't want to look too bad in front of the media.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Libra, I am aware that your post was made from good intentions, however you spoiled it yourself by still using it as a vehicle for thinly veiled ethics ranting, patronizing analogies and snipes at those who don't believe in the invasion. So what did you expect?

No, no, no! Jeez, WCIP, I just stated, in the previous page (it's not like there's tons of pages to sift through to see it, either. But here, for your benefit, I will cut and paste my reply again, because some people can't seperate an American from a Human Being of The World...

"...I went to great lengths to keep my post absent from the mention of any specific country for the specific reason of not taking sides. All countries with a military have soldiers elsewhere, be it a guard post on a Naval base somewhere off shore, a base camp in the mountains in a foreign land, or a desert in the middle east. The Iraqi and Afghan peoples are just as readily encouraged to take a moment to respect whomever they feel deserves it. This was not specifically for Americans, Europeans, or anyone. Hence my request for people worldwide, to appreciate their countrymen who cannot enjoy the holidays as they have. That was my only agenda, and anything more you read into it is the byproduct of your own inner turmoil.

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Your argument is ontological, centered on a statement of being from our "soldiers, police," and so forth. It is incomplete however; it does not proceed upon the analysis of the entire situation. It does not analyze dead bodies, come through with the body count, and once again taste, feel, and realize something is desperately wrong, and it happens on the supposed watch of a few people who assume too much, positions of absolute power.

Skippy, read what I just wrote above, in response to "wecomeinpeace".

To everyone else who feels it was a "Yay Iraq War" post...
I'm not going to get into a debate about whether or not I think the war in Iraq is right or wrong. I'm not even going to post my personal view on it here, but you'd be surprised as hell, based on what you're already assuming of me. But that doesn't enter into this thread. This thread was NEVER about the Iraq War; it wasn't even specifically for soldiers! It was for anyone in the world who, because of their job, cannot enjoy the holidays for the rest of us, but especially those who are putting their lives in danger during this time. If you want to debate the Iraq War, or police brutality, or corrupt institutions or One World Governments, take it to another thread.

To everyone who joined in the thanks and remembrance
Thank you for taking my post as it was mean to be: a thank you and rememberance for others not fortunate enough to be with us this holiday season.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Blah.

You have added thelibra to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A great perspective to retain..........do well to consider at length.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC

Im not going to bother pointing out in detail the multiple guilt trip techniques you have used in your rather condescending thread.
[edit on 17-12-2004 by MERC]

Though I agree with your knee-jerk reaction to the perspective-challenged appeal to have an open-mind(??), I feel I must try and re-iterate the actual point to step outside yourself and consider other people and their life experience........

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have to admit that I bristle a little about threads like these.

I suspect it's the same reaction that some people give to 'PC' topics . I feel that there's this unsaid weight carried to any mention of "The Troops" (that, as an aside more and more seems to include Police and Firemen).

It's almost a given that by mentioning "The Troops" gives someone a carte blanche in any argument or topic.

To be specific: of course I respect those that go beyond and above in service to society, no matter what role they play, what job they have. And risking one's live for the greater good is admirable as well.

But no offense, but I didn't see anything extraordinary about this topic. Nothing to warrent all the "Above" votes and the comments of how incredible this post was.

Except.

That "The Troops" card had been played.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join