It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declassified Songs that were Used by the CIA as Torture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Ace of base? They're catchy. This song should have made the list Bwaaaa Suicide would be an option

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is what they used on me as a kid.

edit on 25-2-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The indefinite horrendous music I can handle.

Hell, my iPod is loaded with a variety of sonic weaponry that would make most people not "in tune" with bizarre aspects of American Culture go mad within an hour...so it's completely understandable to me as a non-lethal tactic to disorient detainees.

However, I'm not a fan of physical altercations or violence in any way, shape or form so some aspects of these reports leave me with a bit of a bad taste left over. But to be fair, this is war, and war is a nightmare and a different standard of rules apply in that landscape.

I'd like to think if the non-lethal tactics were effective on their own, physical coersion could have been avoided.

Of course, that's the little peacenik hippie optimist in me talking.

I'm certainly not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend war isn't hell and that even the most upstanding of soldiers don't have breaking points after seeing the firsthand realities of the hell-scapes in conflict regions.

Try being an enlisted family man with kids at home and holding a regional civilian child in your arms who was caught in the crossfire of a war the kid had nothing to do with. That beautiful child just playing in the wrong place and the wrong time getting hit from enemy fire. No chance of survival. No hope for a future. The medics can't work fast enough and the wound has blown half the child's head off. The kid is still alive and suffering somehow, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to save them.

I haven't seen this firsthand but I have friends and family who have. And yes, after witnessing that reality I'm pretty sure any sane, rational and loving person on the lines would eventually reach their breaking point with enemy combatants. That's elementary psychology when it comes to war. I'm sure many of our own would relish the thought of busting one of those jerks in the face without repercussions. Some men do so when given the opportunity. I don't blame them one damn bit.

It's easy to pass "moral" judgement on our Soldiers from the comfort of our Homeland chairs, yet I choose not to do so because I know damn well these men and women in uniform have sacrificed above and beyond a call of duty that I myself cannot commit to because I know - deep down - I simply don't have the stomach or guts for what it takes out there.

That said - let the music play and crank that noise up to eleven.

edit on 2/25/15 by GENERAL EYES because: damn formatting....one of these days Alice.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: mahatche

Ace of base? They're catchy.

I know they where popular in their time, but I'm going to have to passionately disagree with you on that one. Just hearing their name starts me on a path of depression.

How about this?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I should probably stop contributing to this thread because I'm probably arming the CIA with my own destruction, but here's one last song that caused me so much agony when I was younger.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
We play you Barry Manilow. They set you on fire. PoTAYto, PoTAHto.

If only things were that black and white.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Pink floyd had a whole album called pigs . Tracks like pigs on a wing and pigs - 3 different ones . Lots of pigs noises .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Can we get a new Grammy award category out of this?!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Man, if you want to break someone mentally, all you have to do is show them this absolutely terrifying music video from children's show The Wiggles

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
The barney song is pure cruelty...

Yikes exactly what I thought.

Thats a deffinate human rights abuse right there!

Id prefer to be water boarded than listen to that on a loop!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

The seminal works of Louis Jordan not to be confused with Lou Reed.
The Mods are watching this thread very closely..

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"Deicide - # Your God!"... Deicide.........

I find this quite sinister. "Your God can't help you where you're at".

"David Gray - Babylon".. need I say more? "You're in the beast system now".

"All Eyez On Me", hearing that repeated while under constant surveillance.

Psychological torture indeed.

I wonder about the people that work in places such as these, even if these people are terrorists and killers you'd have to be a cold bastard to work at a job like that.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

They do call us The Great Satan. Should we disappoint? If you are looking to crack them and make them talk, then you need to affirm an impression they already have which is that they are effectively in Hell in the clutches of Satan. So, yeah, psych warfare of a sort.

I've never heard those songs myself, but I do like others on the list -- Sandman, Bodies, etc. -- Good driving music.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No nickel back? a reply to: wasaka

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And my dreams were forever haunted . . .a reply to: Charizard

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Barney theme song would do it for me.

You do know that there had to be at least one occasion where they looked in one of the detainee's cell and caught him jamming with an air guitar.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think we could now update their list some. I nominate this:

The insidious thing about this is that you only have to listen to it a few times and it just keeps replaying itself.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Should of just sent all the detainees to a Justin bieber concert.. Or just play his 'music' 24/7. That would do me, 5 minutes of beiber and I'd be willing to talk

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Why did I even consider clicking on your vid .. That's er interesting if not slightly creepy I'm going to be seeing them puppets in my sleep tonight

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think we could now update their list some. I nominate this:

The insidious thing about this is that you only have to listen to it a few times and it just keeps replaying itself.

Haha, you're right, I have seen that movie so I didn't even have to watch the video for "everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team"! to start looping in my mind. Probably will be all day. Thanks for that.....

edit on 26-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Everyrhing is awesome!

edit on 26-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Everything is awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join