It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology could help take pressure off NHS doctors, claims Conservative MP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

I'm not gonna argue tit for tat with empiricists, defending entrenched positions have never been hard.

I'm presenting an alternative narrative that is a part of an older ancient corpus of teachings and the starting point of these teachings and that research was based on and seen through the lens of consciousness itself. These sciences grew impressively without the material advances and sophisticated laboratories of the modern world, yet they would describe and theorize about all manner of particles and constituents of reality that we really only came to embrace through modern science and rapid progress of technology. The Indians talked about multiverses and what could be described as subatomic particles.

Many are the scientists that have marveled over the ancient scriptures of the Indian subcontinent. It would be foolish to relegate these scientists to the dustbin of history. We may find that they were in fact much closer to the truth as a society than we are and I believe that eventually they will be redeemed.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: UmbraSumus

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Look, this guy is probably a moron but exercise some caution as you are young, ....

lol - it's been 30 years since anyone called me young - thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
These sciences .......

No, they aren't.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Touché, and I must say an excellent comeback it was, I no longer have a reason to doubt this dead science of yours now.

How wrong I've been.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Your are welcome - after all that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence too.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Only to a crude and inefficient ontological process characterized by white and black all or nothing thinking and closed to exploring and entertaining foreign ideas and concepts.

At the end of the day, your opinions and your frame of reference itself as well as that of the masses will be governed by the default setting supplied by authorities other than yourself. Even when they make no sense and their explanatory power is woefully insufficient in explaining what is in all actuality common phenomena.

At this point I think you can be dismissed without evidence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join