It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffett's secret to staying young: "I eat like a six-year-old."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
5 cans of Coca-Cola a day. Wow!

No, Buffett explained, “If I eat 2700 calories a day, a quarter of that is Coca-Cola. I drink at least five 12-ounce servings. I do it everyday.”

Investors in Berkshire Hathaway may feel relieved that the CEO isn’t addicted to Utz Potato Stix at every breakfast. “This morning, I had a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream,” Buffett says.

Asked to explain the high-sugar, high-salt diet that has somehow enabled him to remain seemingly healthy, Buffett replies: “I checked the actuarial tables, and the lowest death rate is among six-year-olds. So I decided to eat like a six-year-old.” The octogenarian adds, “It’s the safest course I can take.”

I really do like Warren Buffett. He still lives in a small house (for his status) in Nebraska and enjoys eating at the local diner.

It's crazy that he is able to stay so healthy at his age and eat what he does. I do think a big part of it, though, is he always seems to be in a light-hearted mood and is always so cheerful.

In survival situations, one's attitude is often one of the most important aspects in staying alive. Why wouldn't it be any different in the regular world?

Story
edit on PMWed, 25 Feb 2015 16:50:02 -060022015Wednesday2532015215 by ArnoldNonymous because: Link added

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Do six year olds have that diet? I sure hope not.
But good luck to the fella.
The cannibals are sure going to enjoy him when Mad Max times come lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Cute answer, but everyone knows that is a preposterous association. A six year-old body is in constant growth, whereas at 80, degeneration is a fact of life. Ice cream for breakfast sounds kind of fun. Wish I had some on hand.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

In that case you would have to look at it in a different way.

Since he is 80, who cares what he eats or does. So long as he is not infringing on others or becoming a leech on society it doesn't bother me!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
AugustusMasonicus's secret to staying young:

'I eat a six year old.'

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Everyone the Mason just admitted it they eat kids!!!!.

Lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You've got one wicked sense of humour

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
You've got one wicked sense of humour

It comes from a properly balanced diet.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the laughs

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

.....that explains a lot.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Being illuminati I assume he means he eats children 👅

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thing is you know you will be quoted when the next anti mason thread pops up lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Being illuminati I assume he means he eats children 👅

You takin' 'bout me or Buffet, Willis?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Thing is you know you will be quoted when the next anti mason thread pops up lol.

Satan will protect me.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

AugustusMasonicus's secret to staying young:

'I eat a six year old.'

I was expecting that to be the topic of the thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When you have a lab full of genetic clones to harvest organs from, you can afford to drink a half-gallon of Coke per day. Meh. More power to him.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That is a hilarious story. I really think some people just live despite their vices. George Burns was one.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Likely his longevity is due to his following the average 6 yr old's regimen of 3 ounces per day of boogers ...
it's a little known health factoid followed by the 1%ers.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Likely his longevity is due to his following the average 6 yr old's regimen of 3 ounces per day of boogers ...
it's a little known health factoid followed by the 1%ers.

However, unlike the average six-year-old, Mr. Buffet does not have to harvest his own meal and instead has his personal asisstant retrieve it for him.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

My six-year-old lives on raw foods and shakes. Occasionally she'll have peanut butter on Dave's bread or I'll slice her up some nuked taters but, other than that and a few other exceptions (she has a weakness for little bunny crackers for example) like when she visits her grandma, she doesn't eat any garbage. Because she's not my garbage can. She's my daughter. She's never had a soda in her life and thinks dried fruit is "too sugary". I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that if he drank 5 sodas a day like that at six years old, he wouldn't have made it to 80.

Maybe he should be eating like that, instead.

Sorry, just the implication of little kids actually eating like that set me off. I need to relax. Thiiiiiiiit.
edit on 25-2-2015 by Cuervo because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join