It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I honestly do not know what to say about this. I...I really don't. I want to believe this is not real so where better to post this for verification.

Many suspected this was happening but many more refuse to believe it.

Is this America?

While US military and intelligence interrogation impacted people overseas, Homan Square – said to house military-style vehicles and even a cage – focuses on American citizens, most often poor, black and brown. ‘When you go in,’ Brian Jacob Church told the Guardian, ‘nobody knows what happened to you.’

Alleged police practices at Homan Square, according to those familiar with the facility who spoke out to the Guardian after its investigation into Chicago police abuse, include:

Keeping arrestees out of official booking databases.
Beating by police, resulting in head wounds.
Shackling for prolonged periods.Denying attorneys access to the “secure” facility.Holding people without legal counsel for between 12 and 24 hours, including people as young as 15.

At least one man was found unresponsive in a Homan Square “interview room” and later pronounced dead.

The article I believe is from yesturday and I didn't see anything posted yet which surprises me.

For those that have not heard of this, prepare to be horrified.

GUARDIAN LINK

edit on 25-2-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Two other threads have mentioned this egregious police abuse .......Its looking like the same source is quoted but
im not really sure on that.....
If this turns out to be standard operating procedure for the cops to illegally detain these citizens then its time to wind up this corporation and go back to the constitution and start all over again from that basis....which never should have been trampled in the first place.....
Theres a whole lot of government officials that need jail time ......not just the cops....

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sucks sometimes when you have to start a thread to find a thread. I combed for the headline and didn't see anything. Serves me right for only ever reading out of the 'recent' section.

top topics

join