It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'am renouncing my faith to the Divine Holy Spirit!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A relationship with the creator is such a personal thing. I guess I'll never understand the need to garner group approval for any decision dealing with such a thing. Maybe group approval helps with confusion by eliminating the need for thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: ccseagull

Right... now lets examine this claim you just posted from a normal perspective...

Most comforting of all, we know that God will never allow us to be tested beyond what we are able to handle and in all things will provide a way out of the test (1 Corinthians 10:13). This does not mean He will remove the trial from us.

*** ANSWER: But is the person being tested strong in their faith? Are they reading their Bible and walking a personal relationship? We have to be strong during trials and lean on others to uphold us, pray, and talk with God. How many truly do this, even those of faith? Many get mad and look at it from an ego viewpoint, as a human. I have seen examples of family members who have had a child taken from them, of a loved one murdered and these people have forgiven the wrong party who destroyed the life of their loved one, and some have reached out to love the wrong person. This is the kind of faith I am talking about.

Yes, that was the purpose. As I responded to TzarChasm - God is supernatural fighting a battle with the devil, another supernatural entity. The devil's primary purpose is to destroy man and to hurt God. Now how much did God believe in Job's faith that he allowed Satan to test Job? That speaks to my heart saying I might be tested as such too. Our mindset is completely different than God's and so we can't know what he is thinking - we can only trust. We also have an eternity of love and perfection and joy waiting - so I will always try my utmost to be faithful (trusting) in God and work with him through whatever may happen. God's ways are not my ways. He made me, I answer to him. He doesn't answer to me.

So a man losing his children isn't "beyond what we can handle"... and not just one but several...

And for what purpose?

So this so called god can show a fallen angel that job is loyal to him... Because proving something like that to Satan is important at the expense of a loyal servant... right?

Sounds like this so called god got scammed by "the adversary"... so who is the wiser in this situation?

***ANSWER: I would say the devil THOUGHT he could scam God but was shown to be the fool.

This does not mean He will remove the trial from us. Why would He when He says trials are for our benefit?

Right... And how did this whole situation benefit Jobs servants... and his sons and daughters who lost their lives because this so called god needed to sport his pride?

***ANSWER: I suppose coming from a Christian viewpoint that those people had freewill as well. Hopefully they were on God's side. If not then only God can answer what is in store for them. And if God chooses to use me as an example to someone else then so be it. I'm not going to live forever. I live my life because I'm stuck on this earth, but I live it with the intent that I will one day be out of this "shell" and be free. I will be fully aware instead of stuck with this human brain that limits me so much. I also live with love for Jesus which makes each day beautiful, so walking with him makes it enjoyable and worthwhile while I am here.

Rather, the “way out” is the way throughthe trial, with Him ever faithful by our side, until we come out on the other side of it by His grace and power, stronger and more mature Christians.

I would say its a damn good thing Job is nothing but a story and not reality...

***ANSWER: I understand why you would say that as you are not a believer. I am and the story of Job I believe was as real as it gets and part of humankind's history.

edit on 25/2/15 by ccseagull because: typos

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I understand why you would say that as you are not a believer.

that is incorrect... I am far beyond just a "believer" in God...

I know God exists... I don't need simple belief... especially belief in nonsense from the OT

And whatever entity was representing God in that "story" was not God

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

My apologies Akragon.

I guess (said with respect) that we just can't agree on this. I believe in the Bible, that it is the inspired word of God and that it holds the past, present and future.

I do wish you all the best

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
A relationship with the creator is such a personal thing. I guess I'll never understand the need to garner group approval for any decision dealing with such a thing. Maybe group approval helps with confusion by eliminating the need for thought.

You have a very good point there. While the Commandments are honoured, nobody can dictate how to be at one with our Lord. For one must choose their own safe path.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

More like merely acknowledging that Satan has the power to do what he did to Job because He allowed him that power, and telling Satan that Job will not waver.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: 9ArchaBallet9

But have you read the Bible personally? All of it? And looked to understand the meaning? And not take just one man's take on it, meaning man has twisted the Bible for his own needs and power. Did you pray for understanding when reading the Bible? Did you have a personal relationship with Jesus?

I too used to think God was hateful and vengeful (while being a Christian!) but have come to the conclusion that it is man who has deciphered what he wants to hear. Also we have to look at things from God's viewpoint. Just a brief touch on why God killed people in the flood is because they weren't all even people, they were Nephilim. And the humans were wicked - meaning they were cannibals, raping, killing, they had allowed evil to live in their hearts and they weren't caring to change their ways. They loved the wicked lifestyle. That's all I'm saying. God always has a reason and if we really look He isn't hateful or evil.

Also Abraham was being tested. God stopped him from killing his son.

I wish you the very best.

Uh..man wrote the Bible. If you look to understand it you're looking to understand the men who wrote it. There's no evidence that Jesus ever lived so praying to him would be like praying to Frodo and hoping he wasn't a made-up story. character.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What about looking past duality and reading spiritual non duality, where duality naming in teams abusing and hating each others are insane?

Maybe read both Buddha, Nanak, Rumi or Jesus in a non duallistic frame of mind where the wise people are trying to create a symbiotic connection to everything that exists that goes beyond faith/views?

Maybe meditate some without caring about faith/religion/duality to see if you can get into the spiritual energized body bliss state?
edit on 25-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 25-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The only religion really important for you is the one which helps you moving out in your light. It may change, it may flickers sometimes, giving you doubts but in the ends will lead you to love of others and a non jugmental life.

For the rest...hum give it big kiss goodbye.

Virtual hug in your search of YOUR light

Ps: any religion that impose not propose, know instead of search, exclude the difference for ME is more of a sect.

Hey but it's just me

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Hello Tangerine - here we are again, ha ha!

Yes men wrote the Bible but inspired by the Holy Spirit.

And no I don't have fact on that ('cause I know you'll be asking) but that's okay because that's my belief. Anytime one is dealing with God it's a personal experience and a supernatural experience with a supernatural power so one can choose to believe or not.

Take care!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

Hello Tangerine - here we are again, ha ha!

Yes men wrote the Bible but inspired by the Holy Spirit.

And no I don't have fact on that ('cause I know you'll be asking) but that's okay because that's my belief. Anytime one is dealing with God it's a personal experience and a supernatural experience with a supernatural power so one can choose to believe or not.

Take care!

Hi!

I agree that anything to do with God is just belief but that precludes the logic of making claims of fact and expecting people to accept those claims as fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I feel the OP is pretty young, and for some of us, finding our faith can be a life-long quest.
We explore, we ask questions, sometimes we learn something new, sometimes we grow impatient and we become disillusioned waiting for answers...but occasionally...over time, finding our faith is like finding love: it comes to us when we give up trying so hard to find it; Faith finds and embraces us...and then we recognize it as our own.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I feel the OP is pretty young, and for some of us, finding our faith can be a life-long quest.
We explore, we ask questions, sometimes we learn something new, sometimes we grow impatient and we become disillusioned waiting for answers...but occasionally...over time, finding our faith is like finding love: it comes to us when we give up trying so hard to find it; Faith finds and embraces us...and then we recognize it as our own.

I always thought the young ones were the ones who hadn't developed enough maturity to question the whopping contradiction and illogic in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I always thought the young ones were the ones who hadn't developed enough maturity to question the whopping contradiction and illogic in the Bible.

You've always thought that? Well, it sounds like you've got everything all figured out. I'm envious.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

What does Salem have to do with God? Be careful before you speak, I am from Salem, get your story straight the first time.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The only thing I can say to that is that no matter the circumstances that I have been through in life - all the terror, pain, trials, abuse and thoughts of suicide - I can see how God carried me through each painful step and I can see how I grew. Call me crazy but my faith is stronger, my joy is greater, my awareness of how fragile as a human I am. I can see exactly after the fact how the big puzzle of God's actions have been put into place.

confirmation bias at its finest. but hey, thats your right, you know?

Also, God's ways are not our ways. God is supernatural and he obviously used one of his human creations as an example to his adversary the devil, another supernatural entity.

right, the supernatural argument. "conventional science doesnt apply because theres this convenient exception that theoretically grants us plausible deniability in the face of ACTUAL research and ACTUAL evidence. we call it...THE SUPERNATURAL!"

show me that research again?

edit: i am also curious to know what validates your supernatural entity and at the same time invalidates, say, allah or thor. surely these beings are just as likely to exist and possess divine authority? and im sure they would disagree with your chosen idol on more than one point.

edit on 26-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also we have to look at things from God's viewpoint.

I don't want to take this out of context, but you are only talking about one religion believing in a certain God. On top of that, how could you know anything about whatever your God's viewpoint is?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join