It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'am renouncing my faith to the Divine Holy Spirit!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

God always has a reason and if we really look He isn't hateful or evil.

Care to explain Job if that is the case?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Maybe its just the tone and the subject that gave me that perception

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 9ArchaBallet9
a reply to: Klassified

Point out the hypocrisy!

He was being tongue-in-cheek, as well as serious. It was sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll help with the hypocrisy.

Finally a thread that's not overwhelmingly full of bible quotes and life experience. And has just enough substance. To be a lesson learned, to put those hating,atheist,ranting,burn the witch threads to beddy bye.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 9ArchaBallet9

GOD asked him to knowing it was not gonna happen. It was a test and the angel of the lord stopped him.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: XsweetNspiceyX

I know if I made a thread about finding Jesus and about how happy I am about finding religion, atheist trolls would flood the thread with hate or their own personal bias. Its not a one way street

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Im not happy with finding christ, im so very troubled, but it is what it is what can i say, if you saw what i saw you would be troubled, day in day out im losing the battle.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

I live in the south and in the bible belt, what could you possibly see in the UK that could shock me? I'm not troubled by Christians in my community and I'm not Christian

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I am not talking about human beings or christians, he never found me i seeked him out becouse of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Mirroring is what most people do. It' show they confess to what they been doing and are doing. Most of the time it's something disruptive to other people's lives. For example saying that this thread is an attention getter. Why thank you otherwise your not replying in it.

But dissing it with it's an attention getter for this and for that, that is no where near the agenda of the thread.

I then have to step back and rethink about all the threads I've seen on this site and responses it got. The only thing I can conclude is that because their mentality is set to do what they been doing.

AUTOMATICALLY it is reflected on someone else.

Glad I made this thread? Alot of lessons in here!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: XsweetNspiceyX

It's also a parallel of what would happen later on with God and Christ.

Isaac is Abraham's only son (and God's gift to Abraham given Sarah's age). Jesus is God's only son.

Abraham was asked to be willing to sacrifice Isaac in perfect faith to God as an offering for all the people. God was willing to sacrifice Jesus as a sacrifice for all the people.

It was a three day period between Abraham deciding to prepare to carry through with God's request and the arrival of the sacrifice God sent in Isaac's place. It was three days between Jesus's sacrifice and his Resurrection.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I never noticed that thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How did your faith in a "holy spirit" fit in with your wicca? And does rejecting it change your practice of wicca?

I read your intro thread, and find the mix of faith in the Holy Spirit while being a Wiccan fascinating. It usually is referred towards using different semantics (divine feminine, etc.).

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i have been there, done that and i do believe i have unravelled the problem. there are literally 3 different gods in the old testament. you can determine this easiest by going back to the sumerian texts. one god named en.lil owns the planet and acts in a military capacity. he does not like human beings and when he found out we were procreating, he demanded our dna be nerfed so that we have an expiration date. this required blocking the tree of life (that part of our dna that originally gave us full body regeneration). it was his planet, and he didn't want overpopulation. he's pretty hard core and not a fan of homo sapiens, as is evident from old testament texts. he is known in the old testament as jehovah.

another god is the one who created homo sapiens, gave them procreation and rescued them from total annihilation when en.lil decided to reboot the planet with a massive cataclysm (there's 2 cataclysms in noah's story, not just one). this creator god's name was enki, or ea, or enki-ea. in the garden, he is confused with serpent. but he's also the elohim (singular) that created the adam males and females in the images of the elohim (plural) (gods, males and females, presumably, who were from the pre-flood era) . he is also known in the old testament as jehovah, but because the planet didn't belong to him, he didn't have final say over the destiny of humans. he did, however, run interference for us, several times, when en.lil wanted to wipe us out.

this included when he arranged a deal with enlil in which enlil would turn over ownership of the planet (and its people) to him in exchange for enlil's demands, whatever that may be. since enlil was big on blood sacrifices, he demanded that he be a blood sacrifice for humans, if he cared about them so much. so enki-ea came back to the planet earth as jesus, fulfilled enlil's requirement, and earned the right to be the next owner of planet earth, which if i understand the text correctly, is approaching its date of change of ownership from enlil to enki (jesus).

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not to sound disrespectful, so you made an announcement to renounce Holy Spirit with 3 exclamation marks.. So it is important.. Very important, at least to you. So just for curiosity... What do you believe? And how just one old book telling a story of testing Abraham be enough for such an important thread?

So to what do you believe and does it have an influence to your OP ?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

In Testimony to the Spirit of the Holy Ghost

Ye never did heard Our Father;
Ye never did knoweth His Son;
Ye never did spake with truth;
Ye never did learn your lessons;
Ye never did hath true blessings;
Ye never did seek thine heart;
Ye never did saw your comings;

Amen.

edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

From the OED

a. intr. To talk or declaim in an extravagant or hyperbolical manner; to use bombastic language; (esp. of an actor) to orate or speak in a melodramatic or grandiose style. Now chiefly depreciative.

If you read it that way you may want to recheck your sub-consciousness because it is being neglected.

I have a degree in psychology, my subconscious (spelt correctly) is very healthy thank you

Otherwise why would you read something plainly calm with so much intimidation and emotional stress.

That is your assumption and very wrong, I neither intimidate or am intimidated, all are equal on ATS in my eyes, if you had read my threads you'd know that

What would I say about this website's mentality as whole ?

A lot of highly strung people that haven't found the the correct threads to be in, and keyboard warriors looking for attention, with the quality always shining through.

Just a hint ........................... 6 flags for your best OP on ATS we ask for quality

Cody

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What about a spiritual life based on a direct spiritual connection rather than on historic documents and man-made standards?

Why philosophically mind-fu## it to its death?

It's freely available no matter what we believe we know or do not know, ha!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join