It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Taxed Rich Increased the Minimum Wage -- State's Economy Is One of the Best

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Edumakated

Actually your wrong. A handful of people control the nations wealth. Thats pretty much the main problem. All of our wealth is concentrated into few hands.

The 85 Richest People In The World Have As Much Wealth As The 3.5 Billion Poorest

Almost half of the world’s wealth is now owned by just one percent of the population.

The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That’s 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world’s population.

Nah your just plain wrong.

Some people are immensely wealthy because they have created technologies, businesses, and other things that have fundamentally changed society on a global level. Please explain why this is bad. How does Bill Gates wealthy affect you personally?

When Bill Gates starts ploughing his money into "vaccination" programs in a scheme to depopulate the world, then there are very big problems.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleGreenLeaf

Well, good for Ohio. They got their auto industry bailed out and all the republican legislators kissing the state's tush.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

When Bill Gates starts ploughing his money into "vaccination" programs in a scheme to depopulate the world, then there are very big problems.

we sure will be - any idea when that's going to start?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

we sure will be - any idea when that's going to start?

It already has.

Vaccines have been harming us for years. 50% are going to get cancer now. I wonder why?

It was hoped that following polio eradication, immunisation could be stopped. However the synthesis of polio virus in 2002, made eradication impossible. It is argued that getting poor countries to expend their scarce resources on an impossible dream over the last 10 years was unethical.

Furthermore, while India has been polio-free for a year, there has been a huge increase in non-polio acute flaccid paralysis (NPAFP). In 2011, there were an extra 47,500 new cases of NPAFP. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly, the incidence of NPAFP was directly proportional to doses of oral polio received. Though this data was collected within the polio surveillance system, it was not investigated. The principle of primum-non-nocere was violated.

The authors suggest that the huge bill of US$ 8 billion spent on the programme, is a small sum to pay if the world learns to be wary of such vertical programmes in the future.

Source

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah if i work more overtime i get put into a higher tax bracket and its like i didnt even work.

I understand the problem now. Ignorance. The new higher tax bracket will only be for the EXTRA money you made, not your entire salary, so yes, it's exactly like you worked and exactly like you made more money. Your argument is one of the most ignorant ones there is.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its still a higher tax bracket what are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

During his first four years in office, Gov. Dayton raised the state income tax from 7.85 to 9.85 percent on individuals earning over $150,000, and on couples earning over $250,000 when filing jointly -- a tax increase of $2.1 billion. He's also agreed to raise Minnesota's minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2018, and passed a state law guaranteeing equal pay for women.

So he never really raised the minimum wage then no? If the practice is so great for the economy, why not just instantly raise it? Why phase it in? And who isn't getting equal pay? That notion has been shot down terribly over the past few years.

By all accounts, their law is tiered. Meaning, large businesses are only affected by the new minimum wage laws while small businesses are exempt. That certainly sounds like equality -- especially under law.

edit on 26-2-2015 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It takes a little time for horrible tax policy to destroy an economy, but it will eventually. Moreover a single outlier does not prove your point. In general lower taxes increases government revenue by creating growth. That's the general trend throughout history.

www.forbes.com...

If a state could tax itself into prosperity then Detroit and Venezuela would be paradises instead of failed states with dismal economic activity. By contrast states with consistent pro business tax policies create millionaires out of the middle class.

Good examples of that are Switzerland, Hong Kong and Singapore.

The US has the largest business taxes in the first world, and trillions of US dollars are held overseas. That money would be repatriated and put to work here if we had sensible tax policies.

Nevertheless go on believing your liberal pipe dream that taxation and regulation create prosperity. May your chains rest on you lightly.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: AlaskanDad

By raising the minimum wage, two things happen: number one, people suddenly have more money to spend and go shop more. Number two: people have the ability to get off welfare and therefore there is less pressure on the state and national coffers.

This scenario is dependent upon that such raise, being forced rather than natural in the market doesn't exclude said persons from making a wage.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Maybe I am slow but if the min wage increase does not take affect till 2018 how can that be touted as being a factor for anything? Yea it makes people feel good, but lets wait and see what happens when it goes into effect before throwing it around as anything worth a damn. What makes people feel good in the now may come and bite them in the rear later.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Welcome to the world of politics. Where yesterday's results are driving tomorrow's futures. In short, it cannot. We cannot attribute economic growth to the State of Minnesota no more than we can to the United States in terms of economic policy within a few years.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

People who argue about the dangers of taxing the rich are historically ignorant of America's past.

They need to research how we came out of the great depression more.

Its just more uneducated people spreading ignorance.

Yep WWII and all the build up in the mid to late 30 help move the economy forward a lot.

noconsensus.wordpress.com...

edit on 27-2-2015 by dismanrc because: Add link

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Great news for Minnesota, can't wait to hear why this is wrong or bad from the pundits...

I'll save you the trouble and explain it in simple terms. Lets say I make $50K per year. And I decide to go to my richer neighbors and start stealing their money. If I can't be caught or stopped, I will be "better off". My personal economy will grow. Sure...my neighbors will be fine, but I will be a thief that stole from someone that rightfully earned their money.

THAT is the problem with all this "eat the rich" crap. Just because the government wants more money to use to control YOU...doesn't give them a right to steal. They demonize people who work hard and grow businesses because you are stupid enough to follow their lies.

So after years of stealing from my neighbors, which by the way...I will increase the level of my theft as I become bored with petty theft...these neighbors who started businesses to get where they are are going to start losing money. Their economy will begin to drop. They will have two choices. Stop spending money or charge you more. And if I (as the thief) happen to be employed at one of their companies...I may lose my primary income. If not, everything I stole will be lost as I have to pay more for the services they provide that I require.

Stealing and theft are CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES! There is no good reason to tax anyone at a higher percentage short of stealing. And an equal percentage is the ONLY fair way to tax. You want equality...equality means fair. And fair is a percentage, not theft.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Its basic common sense. The only people against it are the rich, and those that believe that they too will be rich one day.
Which is a surprising number of people.

If a lie is repeated enough, people will believe it.
Just like WMD's.

Wrong! Read my reply just now.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Oh yeah...forgot another simple one. The government says it needs more money. That is BS. You aren't getting any of this money stolen from the "rich", the government is getting it under the lie of they need more money and who do you want paying it...you or "the rich"? The government is simply trying to line their already overflowing pockets.

This is barely different than if I were to say "make the green people work longer hours because green people need less sleep". No reason you should have to work harder...make the "green people" do it. Understand where the enemy is...and if this helps at all...IT IS THE GOVERNMENT AND THEY ARE ALSO THE RICH!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Are wars free? What other country in the world spends as much as we do on wars and foreign countries?

You think the states, you and me and everyone, except the rich, are not going to pay?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Are wars free? What other country in the world spends as much as we do on wars and foreign countries?

You think the states, you and me and everyone, except the rich, are not going to pay?

Do you mistakenly think I'm in favor of giving money to other countries? Or are you just trying to get me to go off on a tangent. Our government does nothing but spend our money on things we would never approve. Arms to enemies, war, an Obama library, illegal amnesty, IRS cover-ups...GOLF!...etc. My entire point is they need to be cut-off from our money so they CAN'T spend any more. And if we stop them from spending...there isn't a need to tax anyone or anymore. We could probably cut government spending to 25% if someone with a brain and no "god issues" was in charge.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Wars is giving foreign countries money, weapons, permanently wounded military personnel, and blood. All we do is give and never win.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Wars is giving foreign countries money, weapons, permanently wounded military personnel, and blood. All we do is give and never win.

You're preaching to the choir.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Now, I'm ranting aren't I? God, I hate wars.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join