It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Japan Delays Sanctions After N. Korea Threat of War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ah, Joe, have you ever submitted a story for ATSNN?

Just a few.

However, as I ALSO said:

It can be argued that true used such a device by using “I think . . .” as a lead in. If that is so, then clearly I am wrong. (from looking at the forum reqs. I am wrong)

After reading the story requirements/parameters I realized that I was wrong- being judgemental allows for mistakes, some such as this. As I am a judgemental type person and biased I fully realize that I make mistakes. Sad thing is that I often don't realize them (mistakes I have made) until one or both feet are being chewed on

- - -
DY, I fully agree with all your points. Japan has a place in history that I feel will one day (sadly) will not be unique.

NK serves China's purposes for reasons that are not clear to me. NK has always been some kind of 'rogue' nation. Korea has always (based on history I have read) been a rogue nation, even before its division. The Hermit Kingdom sits clearly between two asian giants and next to the third.

NK has bargaining chips that they will try to use. Nuking Japan seems beyond the pale but then invading South Korea seemed the same at its own time also. I believe that NK is a most dangerous place. As long as the Chinese umbrella covers them they will menace the world.

China makes NK possible.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ok great, Joe. Glad that is out of the way.

In the meantime my crazy mind has been thinking again...Solution for North Korea:

With an appology for the abducted Japanese, NK hands over all its nukes to Japan as compensatory payment for those that lost their lives, and agrees to not seek, develop or possess any further nukes, allows full IAEA inspections.

Hmm, let's see...Japan gets the nukes it wanted, NK is denuclearized, the abductee issue is settled, no sanctions are imposed, the US is happy about the NK denuking, and NK walks away with all the US economic incentives and a no-attack guarantee from the US and Japan, on the condition it will address its population's hunger problems with the money...China would appreciate less NK's coming across its border, cause now the NK population is being fed. All is hunky dory on the Korean Peninsula again, with new talks of a unified Korea.

Well? I can dream, can't I?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
True, what if this:
(I can't see your 'what if working')

Japan already has a few nukes but not a really good delivery system. They can't test as much as they need because of international scrutiny anyway.

(I'm on a red-herring crusade at the moment and kind of hung-up on disinfo so I apologize upfront for any craziness)

The Japanese assuredly want to get back what citizenry they can. The NKs don't want to be embarrassed anymore than they have over the entire affair. This leaves me with the question as to why this (kidnapping) was made public in the first place. Surely the Japanese could have dealt with this under the radar and achieved at least the same results?

So, what are they (NK or Japan) really after?

Was this kidnapping becoming a Japanese scandal that couldn't otherwise be dealt with?
From a rather cursory inspection of Google this kidnapping by the NK has been japanese news for at least two years- therefor it must be dealt with (politics).

Military- non issue
Political- been tried and didn't get results that worked well enough domestically (to Japanese politicians)
Economics- all that is left to bargain with.

Given that NK is publicly likened to dealing with a rabid dog why would the Japanese demand something they knew they wouldn't get and that they knew would bring a threatening rebuke?

This is where I'm at on this.

Why?

Truth postulates:

. . . the US is happy about the NK denuking, and NK walks away with all the US economic incentives and a no-attack guarantee from the US and Japan, on the condition it will address its population's hunger problems with the money...China would appreciate less NK's coming across its border, cause now the NK population is being fed.

Hmm, this may be a player.

Kim doesn't act alone. Behind him, in the shadows, are others with interests that will not be thrown away in some irrational act. I have never known a NK citizen- do they play chess?

Isn't it strange that 'Krazy Kim' may just get U.S., SK and Japanese aid and economic assistance in one fell swoop?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hmm Japan could be in danger eh?

Well that does it, I propose to the Japanese government that it flies all Japaense women over to Western Australia for safe keeping.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join