It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men arrested in brooklyn, ny heading to join ISIS.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Hm, I'm out of my realm here perhaps, but to me the difference between treason and giving aid to the enemy is that they had already begun to giving aid by taking the action to leave and join up. They purchased tickets. If there were no eavesdropping and surveillance, that would be impossible to prove, but my money's on lots of proof of intent prior to their trying to leave. My money's also on intercepted communication between them and ISIS.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

youre putting word in my mouth. read previous post them edit this one i am replying to. Im pointing out you are always under surveillance. No matter who you are. Ill give you a while to edit your flame bait.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

I don't support replenishing enemy ranks and prolonging the effort to beat them. I would see them joining the OTHER side (Lions of Rohan)but I would wonder at their return reception.
We have laws against going all Eranset Hemmingway for these places,not to mention war screws you up and if you are wounded you will get NO support when you grow older.
A man will AT LEAST have PTSD underfire.
edit on 25-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wonder how terrorists got anything organised before there were e-mails and mobile phones.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
I wonder how terrorists got anything organised before there were e-mails and mobile phones.

land lines(pay phones) dead drops. meet ups. disguises. basic spycraft.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Which a lot of them have actually gone back to since all this online surveillance, no?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Not necessarily. NSA has these cool things called computers that run filters 24/7 looking for keywords. Flag on a keyword and somebody looks at it. Somebody looking at it decides it needs further investigation annnnnd there ya go.

Are we being watched constantly? Yea. What was that figure tossed around a while back? The average city dweller is on CCTV something like 70 times a day?

In any event, yea, all your emails are probably scanned. By a computer. But certain words will get a human looking at them. Talking about what they were talking about is a good way to maximize one's probability of an extra look

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If I were a terrorist, I'd only exchange information face to face. I'd make it a rule of the organisation.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
if you do not think you are being surveilled all the time you will change your mind after this.

One of them went to an online forum and posted that he wanted to kill the POTUS. The others were buds with him and there was money transferring back and forth as well as one way airline tickets. All the red flags went up. Good thing these idiots triggered the surveillance by posting that about the POTUS. It was a good catch.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Every time I read stories about people caught trying to leave the country to join ISIS, I have to question why leave a country you hate so much? Couldnt they do more for their cause by staying here and blowing people up?

Also, do you actually HAVE to travel to the middle east to join a terrorist group?

Do you knock on some guys door and actually interview for the position?

Like, "Yo, I hate Christians and Jews and America and stuff like Air Jordans and running water and electricity and stuff."

And then they give them a gun and tell them to go kill people.

Is that how it works?

It seems like a half retarded idea.
edit on 25-2-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
Every time I read stories about people caught trying to leave the country to join ISIS, I have to question why leave a country you hate so much? Couldnt they do more for their cause by staying here and blowing people up?

It seems like a half retarded idea.

the majority dont have the brains to blow up a Condom.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
It's a good job that all these terrorists are stupid. I dread to think what they might be able to achieve if they put a little thought into their nefarious plans.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
It's a good job that all these terrorists are stupid. I dread to think what they might be able to achieve if they put a little thought into their nefarious plans.

9-11 ?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
well if you do not think you are being surveilled all the time you will change your mind after this. Link follows. Warning i do not support terrorist or their actions. this is two fold im pointing out no matter who you are you and under watchand reporting this incident in brooklyn.

3 men arrested by FBI for trying to join ISIS

I think your point about being "surveilled" is rather stupid, forgive me for being so blunt.

They formulated this plan on a public message board, I damn well EXPECT the authorities to be monitoring these and finding persons of interest to then watch and prevent from acting, this is what we PAY them to do.

The argument is not about whether people should be monitored, people should absolutely be monitored. The argument is about mass dragnet monitoring of millions of innocent people and their entirely innocent communications.

Not only does such mass surveillance destroy the notion of liberty and threaten the core democracy of our nations, but it clogs up an already overstretched system.

Most people understand that we cannot possible stop every threat all the time, and this needs to be accepted. But, attempting to do so should not cost an entire population their rights to privacy, or allow such agencies unrestricted and unaccountable access to any systems they like.

These three were caught using basic methods, this should be supported and encouraged by all sane people. This is what we need more of, and we need far less dragnet spying on millions of innocent people, along with far more accountability which is then able to reassure the public that our governments have not been usurped by far too powerful spy agencies.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that that was what the media outlets would call 'terrorists'. I think maybe there was something else going on with regards to that event.

Although whoever did organise that event should have probably matched the number of building collapses to the number of plane crashes.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

two were from Uzbekistan

Saidakhmetov's efforts to join ISIS.
He operates mall kiosks in Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
edit on 032828p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article that has some quotes from an eBook from an ISIS advice book that will help you go.

A new 50-page e-book released this month by ISIS gives directions to would-be jihadists and women wanting to join the Islamic State on everything from securing a safehouse in Turkey to packing enough underwear for the trip.

So, the information about how to go about it is out there.

I'm not sure why we're taking great pains to stop people from going though. I would think we'd only be concerned about keeping them from coming back.

I say if they want to go. Let them.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Quite true,and thats why they use the excuse to CCTV everyone these days lol.

@the guy who think my point is stupid. the only stupid point is the one not expressed and silenced for fear of being labeled stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They can watch me as much as they like, they'll soon get bored...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: riffraff

I don't support replenishing enemy ranks and prolonging the effort to beat them. I would see them joining the OTHER side (Lions of Rohan)but I would wonder at their return reception.
We have laws against going all Eranset Hemmingway for these places,not to mention war screws you up and if you are wounded you will get NO support when you grow older.
A man will AT LEAST have PTSD underfire.

Don't get me wrong. I hate ISIS. But I'm much more afraid of a tyrannical Orwellian type of government than ISIS.
As to your Hemmingway reference, it went over my head. I liked his short stories I was forced to read in college but that's all I know about him( and he killed himself once he was wheelchair bound)
And the lions reference? You are clearly more well read than I am. I'm sorry. You throw your pearls before swine

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join